UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do people really believe Geno leaves starters in just to drive up the score? That's just a ridiculous assertion. It has nothing to do with the score or margin of victory.
the fans of Uconn's rivals absolutely believe that...........from their viewpoint what other reason are UConn starters playing with 20–35-point leads with five minutes left in the game...........you don't see Dawn, Tara or other big-time coaches doing it..............I assume it's just to continue working on certain plays and defenses but as today's game shows it can have very serious consequences...
Finally a player other than Paige (and to a lesser extent Ono) is in the game and asserting herself on offense. IMO it’s a smart move keeping Paige in to build on Caroline’s confidence and development.
not with like two minutes left in the game..................totally inexcusable........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Watching the post-game interview; it's officially the knee. Geno said on replay it looked like hyper extension (best case scenario) and doctors don't think she twisted it, which is good news. He said they'll know more tomorrow after a scan.

Reaction Score
A little fidelity to reality please. It was not a "flying elbow" and Paige was not hit anywhere near her face. It was a pushoff and the contact was in Paige's midsection.

I hate to be that visiting fan but let's not spread lies.
These people see what they want to see. It's ridiculous, the arm never extended and the elbow never came up.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Alot of good things happened today. Paige stepped up again. Shes the best player in WCBB bar none. She is more consistent, you can rely on her when you need her to make a basket or make a steal and she makes alot of plays on both sides of the ball. She Makes Things Happen. Ono and Caroline break out games. Nika knocked down some shots her confidence has to be up. Team flow was there and the chemistry looked alot like UConn chemistry. We looked really good and much more improved today and the flow of the game was really good. Turnovers kept ND in the game. We need shooters and Caroline showed she can shoot, she can score and rebound and played some pretty good D. Now when Azzi and Griff come back we will be at a different level. Im no doctor but played alot of sports and my knee has buckled a few times twice on the golf course. I walked it off. Hope thats what happened to Paige. We have a few days before we face GA Tech so she can take it easy. We are in a better place then we were and we're getting better.

Reaction Score
Was wondering how long it would take for this To start.
Why wonder? It was so obviously a bad move by Geno that it was destined to be raised. We all remember Lou being taken out of games when UConn had a big lead, perhaps with Geno remembering losing her in FF her freshman year. On Friday I watched my other team take out their star, a probable first round WNBA choice, limiting her to 21 minutes in a 25 point victory.

Reaction Score
Watching the post-game interview; it's officially the knee. Geno said on replay it looked like hyper extension (best case scenario) and doctors don't think she twisted it, which is good news. He said they'll know more tomorrow after a scan.
Thank you for the update. Keep praying Paige is OK.

Reaction Score
Disagree [about Geno usually leaving best players in at end]
Usually in a game like this he'll get most of them out, among other more important reasons, for the fans. But not all the starters as he frequently has other agendas.

In this case I think one: he knows the fans' standing ovation wouldn't have been any big a deal to Paige and two: he was using the late game partly as a reward and teaching opportunity for Ducharme and wanted her to have competent support rather than garbage time. Among my viewing group there was discussion about 3 minutes before the end as to why a battered Bueckers would still be in there, but on reflection I think these were possibly good reasons, and Geno is smarter about basketball than I am.

Reaction Score
She didn’t hurt it going to the sidelines. She hurt it in the game that they were up by 18 points with 40 seconds to go in the game. Players don’t substitute themselves. Of course this is on Geno. Totally ridiculous to have Paige in there at that point.

Reaction Score
in the future, can some people who I won't name not try to put down the opposing player because "they didn't comitt to Uconn, or they weren't worthy of going to Uconn." We give credit where credit is due, so if it offends you that we praise Citron too bad. She is a star in the making and is gonna be one of the best players in wbb.
Agreed. Love her game!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She didn’t hurt it going to the sidelines. She hurt it in the game that they were up by 18 points with 40 seconds to go in the game. Players don’t substitute themselves. Of course this is on Geno. Totally ridiculous to have Paige in there at that point.
Your opinion is duly noted

Reaction Score
I hope people don't think this was an injury that was gonna be on that play. This was gonna happen eventually, she has carried and worked out so hard especially after having an ankle surgery in the Summer. Too much wear and tear, if it did not happen this play it probably happens in another game.

Reaction Score
I feel that the post play was the deciding factor. Guards/wings did fine but Maddy and Dodson seemed uncomfortable with UConns Defense.

I’ve been waiting to hear a little acknowledgment of ONO’s effort today. A forlorn hope, I guess. I thought this was the best game I’ve ever seen her play in terms of toughness and aggressive rebounding! If she can play like that for the rest of the season, we are going to be very tough to beat!

Reaction Score
If this team was playing at an elite level I’d agree with your point of view. But they are not. Far from it.

Finally a player other than Paige (and to a lesser extent Ono) is in the game and asserting herself on offense. IMO it’s a smart move keeping Paige in to build on Caroline’s confidence and development.
well Caroline's now going to have plenty of court time to work on her confidence and development while Bueckers sits on the bench......

Reaction Score
Not sure how to feel about the play of our senior guards today. I thought CW passed the ball well, and Evina was active on the glass. But it's going to be tough to win big games when they only combine for 7 points. Thankfully Ducharme and ONO picked up some of the offensive burden today.

Reaction Score
Geno in the postgame conference said Paige was in cause he does not like how the team plays without her and stated he might have to get used to liking the team without her. If you are a sr and you hear that and you don't get motivated and step your game up idk what to say.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno should not have had Paige in the game because you never know when one of those freak injuries will occur from literally dribbling the ball up the court. SMH
To be clear, this is sarcastic.

Paige was literally walking the ball up the court, accelerated and it happened. Blaming Geno for the circumstances of this injury is beyond silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom