UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks UConnCat..........I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought she should have been sipping a Gatorade at that point in the game.....
No. The sarcasm flew over your head. See my later post.

Reaction Score
Geno in the postgame conference said Paige was in cause he does not like how the team plays without her and stated he might have to get used to liking the team without her. If you are a sr and you hear that and you don't get motivated and step your game up idk what to say.
I've always had the sense that Geno is a fatalist when it comes to his players............what's going to happen is going to happen..........no reason to worry about it...........

Reaction Score
We need depth and we should have started earlier but now we need depth even more. Who are the going to go to now that Paige is out? If the other team plays a zone and forces us to shoot 3 balls what then? We better have Caroline because that's what is going to happen. This changes everything.

Reaction Score
I will guess:

*Minor knee sprain
*She will lobby to play Thursday

IMO that was a classic example of a stop/start leg injury maybe complicated by a slippery spot on the court. No external force applied and its not like she’s the size of that Metchie kid who plays for ‘Bama and ruptured his ACL on a non contact injury yesterday. F=M*A and all that high school physics stuff.

So stop attacking Geno and focus your ire on the dude who mops the floor.Head bang

Reaction Score
Terrible play from C and E today. C was terrible on offense and defense. I think E had more fouls than points. Paige should get some rest even if it’s not a major injury. We need her in March and April. If Paige is out for the next few games, C and E will need go step up and carry the load. If Paige is out, CD should get more minutes. Especially after today’s play and Nika is not a great three point shooter.

Bummer we let Citron get away from the Northeast.

Reaction Score
Always a tough day for me because I am both a UCONN and ND fan. Very happy for the win, worried about Paige, and concerned about so many Husky turnovers.
I think ND has the potential to become pretty good. Don’t sleep on them.
All in all, great win.

Reaction Score

Thats good news. If its just a hyperextension, she could be playing by Jan. 1. Last year, Giannis had a hyperextension in the NBA playoffs. Initially worried that he had torn something but he was able to play and be effective in the NBA Finals.

Reaction Score
Even though Christyn Williams didn’t score much today, I thought she played a well-rounded game. She passed well, and her anticipation in the transition game is off the charts.
But she does need to shoot! When she doesn't, it puts more pressure on Paige or someone else to score. She got the ball a number of times at the 3 point area and didn't take the shot- it seems like she'll shoot a 3 if she's in the corner but not elsewhere. That's why I think Caroline's ability (she certainly is willing to shoot!) is great. Christyn is a good defender, but she needs to score and look to score more often.

Reaction Score
Glad we beat Notre Dame. I certainly don't know personally any of their players, but one that I can't stand is Mabry, she complains and whines (unfortunately, she is a good shooter but didn't do too much damage today). Actually, she has sisters who played and I think they were the same way. Sorry if this breaks protocol/standards somehow but just have to say it.

Reaction Score
Hopefully it is no more than a hyperextension and she won't be out too long.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Glad we beat Notre Dame. I certainly don't know personally any of their players, but one that I can't stand is Mabry, she complains and whines (unfortunately, she is a good shooter but didn't do too much damage today). Actually, she has sisters who played and I think they were the same way. Sorry if this breaks protocol/standards somehow but just have to say it.
Do you have a specific example or this just a general complaint?

Why do people look for things to complain about?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
well Caroline's now going to have plenty of court time to work on her confidence and development while Bueckers sits on the bench......
I would prefer her working with Paige in the game. The two of them were developing some nice chemistry together.

Reaction Score
Different strokes, I thought Williams had an outstanding game, 6 assists and 1 TO, very solid D, didn’t take a bad shot.
Different strokes for me, too, Littlemin. I have tended to be down on Christyn for her seeming inability to find open teammates with timely pases. However, today she threw quite a few excellent passes and deserves to be praised. On a day when she shot just 2 for 8, those assists hopefully will remind her there's value in being a multi-skilled offensive player.

Reaction Score
Wonderful game for UCONN ( any game over N.D. is a great day
in our family!!) and congrats to Olivia = Well done 14 points 13 rebounds
Hopes for Paige..... a short time out, we hope!! Best Wishes.
More minutes for Caroline ?? .... an energizer bunny!

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Notre Dame game:
  • National rivalry games are great for WBB. So it’s good to see ND build their program back after a couple down years. It makes it even better when you can celebrate a “W” over the Irish by slamming the door in the 4th qtr.
  • Nice to see some UConn Royalty at the game today. Sue and Megan looked great. Wondering if Sue might persuade Megan to change her hair color from violet to Husky blue? :rolleyes:
  • Liv played great today at both ends of the court with a double-double against a pretty tough Big in Dodson. That's exactly what UConn needs from Liv.
  • The TD pass just before the half had me doing my maximum vertical at approximately 14 centimeters. :cool:
  • Another solid defensive effort. UConn held ND to 30% shooting, the second game in a row for the Huskies.
  • Obviously, UConn needs a little work attacking a zone defense.
  • Wasn't it great to see Caroline knock down several shot, including her first 3's as a Husky? She made a giant stride today.
  • Clutching my chest when Dodson ran over Paige like a freight train, and then Dara Mabry's flying elbow into her face. In Mabry's case I guess it's just a family tradition.
  • The injury to Paige looked to me like a hyperextension. Praying for good news now, :(
  • One last thought. In the last day several thoughtful BY’ers posted comments lamenting the growing negativity on the BY. As a result, I’ve done some soul searching, as I hope all of us will do. I love everything about UConn WBB, and I feel strongly that the team and coaches deserve our support. As of today, I will strive to be guided by one single principle, “Would I post a similar thought about my own child?” If not, then I will be guided by the sage advice of Herm Edwards to “DON’T HIT SEND!” I urge everyone else on the BY to consider doing the same.
agreed, looked like a hyperextension to me as well. If so it will be sore for a while, a lot of icing and elevation. I'm with you on being positive about the program, no need to bash or trash. An honest evaluation details the good and the problem areas after the game. Yes, we want to play better, however we just got done putting down a top 25 team on the rise. Time to celebrate and reflect, prays go out to Paige with hope for a speedy recovery.

Reaction Score

That’s not ACL. That’s not meniscus either-hence the ‘didn’t twist it’ comment, both of those typically require forcible hit or pressure to the outside of the knee.

That is a patellar (kneecap) deal, AKA hyperextended.

Reaction Score
Post game thoughts: nd is only 6 points better than a Seton Hall team missing it’s second leading scorer. It looks like Geno has found confidence in Nika and Dorka. Liv can have a great impact. Coming out party for Caroline, nearly as many points and rebounds as Citron in half the playing time and a higher shot percentage, who is the better freshman?

Reaction Score
Ciao,from Italy I was able to follow the game only through the game statistics ...
then I read your posts and I learned about Paige ... it really didn't take ... I hope she gets better anyway (maybe she was jealous of Azzi or wanted to keep her company ... kidding !!) step forward of Caroline who I was hoping it would (we found another good option for games ... I'm confident) ONO incredible .... As for ND Citron confirms that it is a beautiful reality.
Nice win (I was very worried)

Reaction Score
I would prefer her working with Paige in the game. The two of them were developing some nice chemistry together.
Well it looks like you'll be waiting a few weeks to many months to make that happen again...........was it worth it?

Reaction Score
Post game thoughts: nd is only 6 points better than a Seton Hall team missing it’s second leading scorer. It looks like Geno has found confidence in Nika and Dorka. Liv can have a great impact. Coming out party for Caroline, nearly as many points and rebounds as Citron in half the playing time and a higher shot percentage, who is the better freshman?
Citron???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET