UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread) | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was a battle for 3 quarters. About what I expected. Then a patented UCONN run to start the 4th and BAM. Pushed the lead up to 20 and battled hard the rest of the game.

ND is tough. Worthy of being in the top 25. Maybe higher. But Paige was Paige. ONO was really good - one of her best all around games, and Ducharme - welcome to the big time! What a Q4 for her! Not only did she score, but she did a bit of everything showing off her range and variety of skills.

Christyn and Evina a bit quiet. Nika had some nice shots. Not sure about Liya - All around solid performance. Way to go team!

Great to see a full house at Gampel.

Very concerned for Paige. Please be ok. Did not look good seeing her limping and needing to be helped off the court. I know everyone will be asking about that. She really does throw her body all over the floor going after plays, loose balls, etc. I really hope it's nothing serious...

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Notre Dame game:
  • National rivalry games are great for WBB. So it’s good to see ND build their program back after a couple down years. It makes it even better when you can celebrate a “W” over the Irish by slamming the door in the 4th qtr.
  • Nice to see some UConn Royalty at the game today. Sue and Megan looked great. Wondering if Sue might persuade Megan to change her hair color from violet to Husky blue? :rolleyes:
  • Liv played great today at both ends of the court with a double-double against a pretty tough Big in Dodson. That's exactly what UConn needs from Liv.
  • The TD pass just before the half had me doing my maximum vertical at approximately 14 centimeters. :cool:
  • Another solid defensive effort. UConn held ND to 30% shooting, the second game in a row for the Huskies.
  • Obviously, UConn needs a little work attacking a zone defense.
  • Wasn't it great to see Caroline knock down several shot, including her first 3's as a Husky? She made a giant stride today.
  • Clutching my chest when Dodson ran over Paige like a freight train, and then Dara Mabry's flying elbow into her face. In Mabry's case I guess it's just a family tradition.
  • The injury to Paige looked to me like a hyperextension. Praying for good news now, :(
  • One last thought. In the last day several thoughtful BY’ers posted comments lamenting the growing negativity on the BY. As a result, I’ve done some soul searching, as I hope all of us will do. I love everything about UConn WBB, and I feel strongly that the team and coaches deserve our support. As of today, I will strive to be guided by one single principle, “Would I post a similar thought about my own child?” If not, then I will be guided by the sage advice of Herm Edwards to “DON’T HIT SEND!” I urge everyone else on the BY to consider doing the same.

Reaction Score
Pray Paige is OK, please God.

Screenshot (11).png

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No thoughts beyond Paige. Non contact injuries can happen anywhere, anytime, since they are injuries of slow accretion. It could have happened walking to her table for dinner, up to her dorm room, or on the court. I think (and hope) it's a meniscus, but....

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Notre Dame game:
  • National rivalry games are great for WBB. So it’s good to see ND build their program back after a couple down years. It makes it even better when you can celebrate a “W” over the Irish by slamming the door in the 4th qtr.
  • Nice to see some UConn Royalty at the game today. Sue and Megan looked great. Wondering if Sue might persuade Megan to change her hair color from violet to Husky blue? :rolleyes:
  • Liv played great today at both ends of the court with a double-double against a pretty tough Big in Dodson. That's exactly what UConn needs from Liv.
  • The TD pass just before the half had me doing my maximum vertical at approximately 14 centimeters. :cool:
  • Another solid defensive effort. UConn held ND to 30% shooting, the second game in a row for the Huskies.
  • Obviously, UConn needs a little work attacking a zone defense.
  • Wasn't it great to see Caroline knock down several shot, including her first 3's as a Husky? She made a giant stride today.
  • Clutching my chest when Dodson ran over Paige like a freight train, and then Dara Mabry's flying elbow into her face. In Mabry's case I guess it's just a family tradition.
  • The injury to Paige looked to me like a hyperextension. Praying for good news now, :(
  • One last thought. In the last day several thoughtful BY’ers posted comments lamenting the growing negativity on the BY. As a result, I’ve done some soul searching, as I hope all of us will do. I love everything about UConn WBB, and I feel strongly that the team and coaches deserve our support. As of today, I will strive to be guided by one single principle, “Would I post a similar thought about my own child?” If not, then I will be guided by the sage advice of Herm Edwards to “DON’T HIT SEND!” I urge everyone else on the BY to consider doing the same.
You got that right. It seems nothing good came out of N.J. in that family. Tradition with Marina continues in the WNBA as well.

Reaction Score
Written before the injury …

Paige was Paige but Ono had her best game in a long time. She’s my POG.

Zone presented some challenges but seemed to eventually figure it out, and some of the best passing I’ve seen in a while.

Nice to see CD finally have a good game . SMDH at everyone who wrote her off already. Reminder folks : ITS ONLY THE 6TH GAME.

Thought it would be a close game; glad it ended up not that close.

Still lots to work on

CW hasnt figured out a zone. She can’t slash to the middle.

Reaction Score
It was a battle for 3 quarters. About what I expected. Then a patented UCONN run to start the 4th and BAM. Pushed the lead up to 20 and battled hard the rest of the game.

ND is tough. Worthy of being in the top 25. Maybe higher. But Paige was Paige. ONO was really good, and Ducharme - welcome to the big time! What a Q4 for her! Not only did she score, but she did a bit of everything showing off her range and variety of skills.

Christyn and Evina a bit quiet. Nika had some nice shots. Not sure about Liya - All around solid performance. Way to go team!

Great to see a full house at Gampel. Will just sit back and enjoy this win and no complaints! :D
Paige was clearly the best player in the floor. Timely shots by bench players really made the game. Good job UCONN.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I said in the chat that UConn needed one more player to step up offensively alongside ONO and Paige. I was thinking Westbrook or Williams but today it was Ducharme.

But it was Paige that sparked that run, not only offensively but on defense she drew three Notre Dame fouls early in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, this is not a season-ender for Paige.

You hate to see her miss even one game but if they have to play without her for a few weeks it may be a good opportunity for other guards to assume a bigger role, which will make UConn better in the long run.

Just hoping for the best. Big blow not only to UConn but to wcbb in general if she is gone for the yea.r

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The good news? After being carried to the bench, Paige walked off the court. Maybe she dodged a bullet? As someone who's hyperextended a knee once or twice, it's a painful feeling and it's scarry, but it doesn't necessarily mean serious injury if nothing is torn. Damn, Damn , Damn!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I feel a lot better about our team now than I did yesterday. :D This convincing win over ND is HUGE. I don't know about you, but that win makes my day.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01