UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UCONN vs. ND post game Thread (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Was wondering how long it would take for this To start.
Because people most people have never played athletics and been injured. They don't know the difference between hurt and injured, and they especially don't know how these non contact injuries are formed.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A good competitive game. ND is coming back.

UConn out rebounded ND both defensively and offensively.

Olivia had a strong game with a double double.

Potential break out game for Caroline. She has a sweet stroke and a very quick release.

Overall our defense held ND to 31% shooting.

The only negative was Paige with a knee injury. I will not speculate. I'll be very happy if its only a hyper-extension.

Reaction Score
Written before the injury …

Paige was Paige but Ono had her best game in a long time. She’s my POG.

Zone presented some challenges but seemed to eventually figure it out, and some of the best passing I’ve seen in a while.

Nice to see CD finally have a good game . SMDH at everyone who wrote her off already. Reminder folks : ITS ONLY THE 6TH GAME.

Thought it would be a close game; glad it ended up not that close.

Still lots to work on

CW hasnt figured out a zone. She can’t slash to the middle.
Different strokes, I thought Williams had an outstanding game, 6 assists and 1 TO, very solid D, didn’t take a bad shot.

Reaction Score
in the future, can some people who I won't name not try to put down the opposing player because "they didn't comitt to Uconn, or they weren't worthy of going to Uconn." We give credit where credit is due, so if it offends you that we praise Citron too bad. She is a star in the making and is gonna be one of the best players in wbb.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Notre Dame game:
  • National rivalry games are great for WBB. So it’s good to see ND build their program back after a couple down years. It makes it even better when you can celebrate a “W” over the Irish by slamming the door in the 4th qtr.
  • Nice to see some UConn Royalty at the game today. Sue and Megan looked great. Wondering if Sue might persuade Megan to change her hair color from violet to Husky blue? :rolleyes:
  • Liv played great today at both ends of the court with a double-double against a pretty tough Big in Dodson. That's exactly what UConn needs from Liv.
  • The TD pass just before the half had me doing my maximum vertical at approximately 14 centimeters. :cool:
  • Another solid defensive effort. UConn held ND to 30% shooting, the second game in a row for the Huskies.
  • Obviously, UConn needs a little work attacking a zone defense.
  • Wasn't it great to see Caroline knock down several shot, including her first 3's as a Husky? She made a giant stride today.
  • Clutching my chest when Dodson ran over Paige like a freight train, and then Dara Mabry's flying elbow into her face. In Mabry's case I guess it's just a family tradition.
  • The injury to Paige looked to me like a hyperextension. Praying for good news now, :(
  • One last thought. In the last day several thoughtful BY’ers posted comments lamenting the growing negativity on the BY. Aos a result, I’ve done some soul searching, as I hope all of us will do. I love everything about UConn WBB, and I feel strongly that the team and coaches deserve our support. As of today, I will strive to be guided by one single principle, “Would I post a similar thought about my own child?” If not, then I will be guided by the sage advice of Herm Edwards to “DON’T HIT SEND!” I urge everyone else on the BY to consider doing the same.
Thank you Geno!! Caroline, she played 4 minutes in the first half. Geno saw something before today and some thing that said give her another chance. Number 2 chance probably gave Geno another scorer, when needed. This was a tough tough win. Credits to ND!! But the real winner was Geno. Another coach may have lost this game. Great win. I'm more than thrilled with the 3's that Caroline drilled, but those layups shows the kid didn't lose what she had in High School, she can drive and she MAKES layups!! I hope we have 10 days or 2 weeks to rest Paige! Old dude per usual, another good post. Thanks.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Loved the game, we played like we wanted it, made some FTs but still toooo many TOs.
I thought that the announcers were a bit in love with the Golden Domers but all in all, they were pretty good and actually called a pretty good game.
Looking forward to watching the replay and waiting for the real diagnosis on Paige.

Reaction Score
The good news? After being carried to the bench, Paige walked off the court. Maybe she dodged a bullet? As someone who's hyperextended a knee once or twice, it's a painful feeling and it's scarry, but it doesn't necessarily mean serious injury if nothing is torn. Damn, Damn , Damn!
I agree. Let’s pray for the best outcome.

Reaction Score
The NFL should take note. The best deep passing game resides in Storrs, Bueckers to Williams. Paige’s vision and touch combined with Williams stealth and hands form a winning combination.
I write this hoping Paige’s injury is not serious or worse, season-ending.

Reaction Score
He left Caroline in for a while. For once. She needed the confidence boost and look what she can do. That girl has no problem getting good shots off against top competition and she can shoot. It was only a matter of time for Paige to get hurt. Hopefully it isn't bad and they use this as a teaching moment to get her the heck out of games that are already decided. Hopes and prayers for Paige.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Caroline's breakout fourth was more than anyone expected but Geno did rave about her all fall. She was first off the bench against Seton Hall. My guess is that her hard work finally paid off. Hopefully, the jitters are gone.

Most of the 20 TO were because of trying to feed the post. Who knows who gets the blame, the feeder or the posts not working hard enough.

I didn't see the final stats but UConn did a really good job on Westbeld.

ONO's work in the weight room is finally paying dividends. Dotson is really strong and ONO was really aggressive against her.

Citron was what I hoped Poffenbarger would be. Who knows, if she was healthy maybe she would have been.

My picture was distorted in the first half. I saw Nika swish two threes in the first half. My picture returned to normal in the second half. I kid. I kid.

If it wasn't for Paige's injury and the turnovers, I thought this was the team's best game. Notre Dame is going to win a lot of games.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Notre Dame game:
  • Clutching my chest when Dodson ran over Paige like a freight train, and then Dara Mabry's flying elbow into her face. In Mabry's case I guess it's just a family tradition.
A little fidelity to reality please. It was not a "flying elbow" and Paige was not hit anywhere near her face. It was a pushoff and the contact was in Paige's midsection.

I hate to be that visiting fan but let's not spread lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom