RJ Cole (Transfer) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

RJ Cole (Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bama is going after Cole and Quinerly so if they get JQ they’re probably out on Cole
Got ya. I was merely just being a jerk, in the kindest way, because you offer a lot of great info on the recruiting front. All is good!

Reaction Score
Got ya. I was merely just being a jerk, in the kindest way, because you offer a lot of great info on the recruiting front. All is good!
Haha no problem

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
If you don't like my reply then please block me then ok because who needs some inexperienced young twit answering anyone like this?

I don’t really understand how you surmised my age from that post. Quite an incredible talent to be so wrong. But I do think you make a good point about blocking you. My “inexperience” and your lack of being able to deal with someone disagreeing with you just shows that mentality I was taking about.

Chief I look forward to more insight as you get it.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Does anyone actually think that Chief isn’t a burner account for one of the Boneyard admins to drive interest in the off-season?
If only I could be that creative. And it can't be Fishy because of all his imaginary friends, there hasn't been one he didn't have to kill.

Reaction Score
Don't have a lot of sources in general, but was told Alabama is looking very strong here

Reaction Score
Any relation to Bimbo who used to play on the Warriors?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just read his bio on the Howard U site.

Didn't know that he was the salutatorian at St. Anthony's with a 4.0 average. Went to Howard for the education. Favorite NBA team is the Celtics and one of the three people he would most like to invite to dinner is Maya Moore.

A dispassionate review of that would determine that he should definitely not go to Alabama.

Reaction Score
Don't have a lot of sources in general, but was told Alabama is looking very strong here
If we lose Cole to Bama and he is a priority, then this rebuild will be even more difficult than anticipated.

Reaction Score
If we lose Cole to Bama and he is a priority, then this rebuild will be even more difficult than anticipated.

A couple things:
  • what I was told was more specific than what I noted here since I am taking it with a grain of salt and giving myself some cover given what I have heard from them in the past (spotty track record), but just passing along what I was told to some degree.
  • even if this were true I would disagree, not calling you out specifically as I think this is a board-wide issue but I think we are all forgetting that Hurley landed 3 top 100 guys for 2019, but it's been awhile since a high caliber player (or anyone in general) has committed so it's been awhile and I myself have to remind myself that 3 players that show a lot of promise are taking the court in 7 months.

Reaction Score
A couple things:
  • what I was told was more specific than what I noted here since I am taking it with a grain of salt and giving myself some cover given what I have heard from them in the past (spotty track record), but just passing along what I was told to some degree.
  • even if this were true I would disagree, not calling you out specifically as I think this is a board-wide issue but I think we are all forgetting that Hurley landed 3 top 100 guys for 2019, but it's been awhile since a high caliber player (or anyone in general) has committed so it's been awhile and I myself have to remind myself that 3 players that show a lot of promise are taking the court in 7 months.
Also, Bama hasnt been a slouch when it comes to getting recruits as of late. They got Sexton over pretty much every school in the country, and I expect them to get even better at recruiting with Oats.

Reaction Score
A couple things:
Year 2 is equally important. If your source is correct, not getting a quasi local kid who played at St. Anthony's to Alabama is not the forward momentum Hurley expected.

Reaction Score
This wont be easy. He is meeting with Seton Hall and Murray State today.

Its not easy for a school that has had 3 straight losing season to land transfers and grad students. We are a non-factor. We don't get the time to put in all the work as we do high school recruits. Hurley and staff have a harder time forging that relationship.

Reaction Score
This wont be easy. He is meeting with Seton Hall and Murray State today.

Its not easy for a school that has had 3 straight losing season to land transfers and grad students. We are a non-factor. We don't get the time to put in all the work as we do high school recruits. Hurley and staff have a harder time forging that relationship.

I wouldn't call us a non-factor.

Reaction Score
Year 2 is equally important. If your source is correct, not getting a quasi local kid who played at St. Anthony's to Alabama is not the forward momentum Hurley expected.
That would be really disappointing. They did great in the fall, but have really struggled the past few months, missing a lot of bigs targets and not closing guys like the UNLV transfer. I believe in them, but definitely concerning they made progress on the court but can’t close on a 5. Hopefully much ado about nothing and they get Cole and Manuel.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That would be really disappointing. They did great in the fall, but have really struggled the past few months, missing a lot of bigs targets and not closing guys like the UNLV transfer. I believe in them, but definitely concerning they made progress on the court but can’t close on a 5. Hopefully much ado about nothing and they get Cole and Manuel.

How many were they really in on? From high school, I remember Kofi and Wahab. It appears to me they were focusing more on 2020 kids, as they were late to the party for the quality in 2019. jmho tho

As far as Ntambwe, did we even offer yet? Or was it some conditional thing based off of another scholarship opening up?

It's hard to get a clear picture with this staff, which is a good thing probably (just not for us on the boneyard).

Reaction Score
How many were they really in on? From high school, I remember Kofi and Wahab. It appears to me they were focusing more on 2020 kids, as they were late to the party for the quality in 2019. jmho tho

As far as Ntambwe, did we even offer yet? Or was it some conditional thing based off of another scholarship opening up?

It's hard to get a clear picture with this staff, which is a good thing probably (just not for us on the boneyard).
I agree 100% on going all in for 2020. Still though, with Cole, one would think Hurley should be able to close this one. To hear Alabama leads is disconcerting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree 100% on going all in for 2020. Still though, with Cole, one would think Hurley should be able to close this one. To hear Alabama leads is disconcerting.

Caveat to that is I would get used to SEC schools coming hard for top recruits these days. They've upped their game in terms of coaching, facilities, and financial commitments. They are clearly looking to be players in MCBB.

Reaction Score
Caveat to that is I would get used to SEC schools coming hard for top recruits these days. They've upped their game in terms of coaching, facilities, and financial commitments. They are clearly looking to be players in MCBB.
yes, but hurley's NJ connections were highly touted when he was hired, so if he can't close here then those NJ connections probably aren't as strong as once thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom