RJ Cole (Transfer) | The Boneyard

RJ Cole (Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not super familiar w/ kid, but has anyone seen bim
Play? I always am a little weary of low level kids with high point totals who when you look slightly further you see they shoot less than 42% from the field

Reaction Score
All his numbers look legit despite his team being terribad, although Howard played a god awful SoS last year. They didn't play a single Q1 game lol.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
If there is any since if justice with the NCAA, they will look at the very minor nature of the UCONN infractions and recall that UNC was let off Scott Free and Syracuse received a mild slight slap on the wrist for aggregious offenses and say that the loss of a holly is not indicated....wait silly me there is absolutely no seen of justice there

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Serious question. Can we renege on the self imposed lost scholarship? We need that scholly bad, this year. I guess one obstacle would be that we can’t say “well we looked further into this and there wasn’t as much there as we thought” because of the situation with Kevin.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Serious question. Can we renege on the self imposed lost scholarship? We need that scholly bad, this year. I guess one obstacle would be that we can’t say “well we looked further into this and there wasn’t as much there as we thought” because of the situation with Kevin.

We should’ve done the post season ban. When we weren’t even making the tournament.

That’s been successfully done before.

Reaction Score
Not super familiar w/ kid, but has anyone seen bim
Play? I always am a little weary of low level kids with high point totals who when you look slightly further you see they shoot less than 42% from the field
I saw him this year as part of my Operation 351 journey. He scored 21 points that day against Harvard. I remember him as super quick and a excellent three point shooter.

We are overloaded with guards. Would like to see a big get the scholarship.

Reaction Score
I saw him this year as part of my Operation 351 journey. He scored 21 points that day against Harvard. I remember him as super quick and a excellent three point shooter.

Would prefer Ntambwe if a "sit out" transfer or another bigger big.

Reaction Score

That could easily change the season after next though, when this kid becomes eligible to play. CV will be gone for sure and Alterique will be getting his degree, though he will obviously still have eligibility left. Having a proven, older guard come in instead of a freshman could be a real good thing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That could easily change the season after next though, when this kid becomes eligible to play. CV will be gone for sure and Alterique will be getting his degree, though he will obviously still have eligibility left. Having a proven, older guard come in instead of a freshman could be a real good thing.

Pretty sure sophomore Gaffney would expect to be the starting PG if AG leaves after this next season. He was brought here to be just that.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure sophomore Gaffney would expect to be the starting PG if AG leaves after this next season. He was brought here to be just that.
Right, I'm with you on that. But either way we'll still be down to 4 guards and maybe 3 if Alterique makes a bold choice to go pro. Bench or not, this kid could be a big piece if that happens.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Right, I'm with you on that. But either way we'll still be down to 4 guards and maybe 3 if Alterique makes a bold choice to go pro. Bench or not, this kid could be a big piece if that happens.

Sure. But I'd rather have a freshmen behind Gaffney than two guys, who both think they should start, and both have the same remaining eligibility.

Reaction Score
I want him, I'm fully expecting 'Rique to be gone in 2020-2021, so that leaves our guard depth to be: Gaffney, Bouknight, Adams..

Reaction Score

I'm guessing that the waters have been tested regarding Alteriques plans for the future. It's not anything out of the ordinary to ask a kid if indeed he is planning to use all 4 years in a case like this. If he told them more than likely he's going to try to play in Europe at least then they may want to pursue this opportunity. I think for now that's the only way they do.

Reaction Score
It's like beating a dead horse at this point, but we need talent regardless of position. Not sure why this is so hard to understand
Which makes Coach Hurley's "welcome everyone back even if they're of zero use to the program" approach so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom