Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course it would be messy. KO destroyed himself and has been trying to bring everyone else down with him.

End result is he's dug himself a whole he won't be able to get out of.

You keep pushing this narrative that Ollie is somehow broken or a mess. You did the same thing with Jalen Adams when you claimed he was done and needed therapy. Are you OK with yourself?

The reality is that the most likely outcome for Ollie is receiving several million dollars from UConn along with a statement indicating that both sides are happy to have amicably settled the matter. He’ll add that several million to the several million he already has and move on with his life.

Reaction Score
Aren’t we losing sight of something important here? Ray was on the phone trying to help KO and UCONN talking to a recruit legally we believe, is that right? To help our program. So we have idiots ripping one of if not our most successful NBA player ever because he didn’t re sign with the Celts when he was a FA?

Reaction Score
Yep. I read the same article, Matt. The two days before is odd, but I'll bet there is a backstory to it.

The notion that lawyers laid into Allen is subjective. If you are being deposed and are evasive or inconsistent, you are going to be questioned accordingly. If they actually "laid into him" i.e. were overly aggressive or inappropriate the deposition would have been stopped. I get the sense that this is more Ray being unhappy about the situation, his being a part of it and maybe a little because "I'm Ray Allen and this is what I want" doesn't carry a whole lot of weight in a deposition.

Who "stops" a deposition, other than it getting so out of hand that you literally walk out?

I just had a deposition a couple months ago with a real jerk of a lawyer, who was also not at all knowledgeable about the subject matter, and the damn thing went until 1 AM. My wife called me a couple times asking, "you can't still be in your office!".

It was one of the few times I really lost my shtt in a depo and even dropped an F bomb, because the guy was being so abusive to my witness. The reason we didn't walk out was because it was via teleconference with the witness in Arizona, and I sure as hell didn't want to go through that again.

Reaction Score
Sad to read what? The truth? Because that's what I said. Every word.

It wasn't directed at you, personally.

I'm sad for you guys collectively that Ray Allen is being treated like a criminal by your university.
He's probably my all-time favorite among your players. Always thought he was classy, and a great player.

Reaction Score
My problem is when a recruit sees the KO situation, that can be explained away, but the Ray Allen developing situation will not help. To dismiss it is short sighted. I am pretty sure he was the narrator on Coach Calhoun's Espy. Today's college players actually watch the Espy's. Nothing good can come of this. Taking shots at Ray, I don't like.

Reaction Score
You keep pushing this narrative that Ollie is somehow broken or a mess. You did the same thing with Jalen Adams when you claimed he was done and needed therapy. Are you OK with yourself?

The reality is that the most likely outcome for Ollie is receiving several million dollars from UConn along with a statement indicating that both sides are happy to have amicably settled the matter. He’ll add that several million to the several million he already has and move on with his life.
aZ3LDBs1ExsE8.gif

Reaction Score
My problem is when a recruit sees the KO situation, that can be explained away, but the Ray Allen developing situation will not help. To dismiss it is short sighted. I am pretty sure he was the narrator on Coach Calhoun's Espy. Today's college players actually watch the Espy's. Nothing good can come of this. Taking shots at Ray, I don't like.
You would think Ray would have a problem with the way Ollie treated Calhoun.

Reaction Score
You would think Ray would have a problem with the way Ollie treated Calhoun.
Good point. Those articles after he was fired about how he treated people the last 2-3 years at UConn weren't exactly a glowing endorsement of his relationships. Who knows how much of it was true.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who "stops" a deposition, other than it getting so out of hand that you literally walk out?

I just had a deposition a couple months ago with a real jerk of a lawyer, who was also not at all knowledgeable about the subject matter, and the damn thing went until 1 AM. My wife called me a couple times asking, "you can't still be in your office!".

It was one of the few times I really lost my shtt in a depo and even dropped an F bomb, because the guy was being so abusive to my witness. The reason we didn't walk out was because it was via teleconference with the witness in Arizona, and I sure as hell didn't want to go through that again.
Anyone who believes the other attorney is inappropriately abusive?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're impressive with that rod you have for Ray Allen can't wait to read your input on our basketball team. :eek:

I could care less who he is or was regarding the NBA I care about who he is and was as a Husky. A great promoter throughout his NBA career of JC and the Huskies and still is, minus this glitch with his buddy. As long as you know it was never an issue that KO got fired it was these new court issues which I would hope wouldn't deter him from being the Husky he is. Who gives a crap what he did to the Bucks, the Supersonics or the C's could care freaking less. NBA players are all different people when it becomes a business.
The child is having a tantrum. You don’t reason with children when they have tantrums. You put them in timeout.

Sadly this thread has a lot of posts that demonstrate immaturity and selfishness.

Worse case is a poster who’s wife is rapidly deteriorating and another poster who, well aware of the first posters situation, couldn’t restrain himself and felt the need to make what he felt was a put down. The irony was his statement portrayed him as fitting the situation he intended to foist on the other person.

We are at our worst when negative emotions control us . And sadly most of us are unaware of our own negative behavior or lack the ability to change. And yet we so easily see it in others. For this reason we continue acting and reacting in the same way insisting others change.

Reaction Score
You're impressive with that rod you have for Ray Allen can't wait to read your input on our basketball team. :eek:

I could care less who he is or was regarding the NBA I care about who he is and was as a Husky. A great promoter throughout his NBA career of JC and the Huskies and still is, minus this glitch with his buddy. As long as you know it was never an issue that KO got fired it was these new court issues which I would hope wouldn't deter him from being the Husky he is. Who gives a crap what he did to the Bucks, the Supersonics or the C's? I could care freaking less. NBA players are all different people when it becomes a business.

Your "fruity" insult is duly noted. As for the rest of your post....punctuation is your friend.

Reaction Score
I'll just leave this here: "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son".
Your level of maturity continues to impress.
Kudos.

Gee, I'm so hurt by what you think of me. Whatever shall I do?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I could care less who he is or was regarding the NBA I care about who he is and was as a Husky. A great promoter throughout his NBA career of JC and the Huskies and still is, minus this glitch with his buddy. As long as you know it was never an issue that KO got fired it was these new court issues which I would hope wouldn't deter him from being the Husky he is. Who gives a crap what he did to the Bucks, the Supersonics or the C's could care freaking less. NBA players are all different people when it becomes a business.

imagine being mad at Ray Allen about the Celtics. For the love of God watch the 1996 Big East Tournament.

Reaction Score
It wasn't directed at you, personally.

I'm sad for you guys collectively that Ray Allen is being treated like a criminal by your university.
He's probably my all-time favorite among your players. Always thought he was classy, and a great player.

Fair enough.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Ray is still on the board right?

Reaction Score
Your "fruity" insult is duly noted. As for the rest of your post....punctuation is your friend.

Didn’t believe you understood punktuation and much like I could give a rats a** about what Ray did to Boston, I could care less about commas in a reply to you especially. But I will check it out nonetheless thanks.

C

Chief00

I went to school when he did and met Ray a few times and he always acted like he was all about himself. Not a big fan of the man but happy he was a great player for us in both college and Pro's.
Myself, I like the guys on the 1999 team

You is dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69