Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn | The Boneyard

Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Again, this is why some pro and college sports fans are against hiring beloved alumni as coaches. It’s awkward and ugly when it doesn’t work out. Especially after winning a championship. Now we have two beloved guys involved in one never ending mess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ugh, this isn't a good look no matter how you slice it.

FWIW, it is my understanding that Ollie's representation wanted expansive discovery in the arbitration and UConn objected. I believe there was a hearing on the matter and it was determined that broad discovery would be allowed. Once that was decided, the die was cast. It can't be one way only. It is reasonable to see if there were calls between Ray and KO or staff.

Reaction Score
Ugh, this isn't a good look no matter how you slice it.

FWIW, it is my understanding that Ollie's representation wanted expansive discovery in the arbitration and UConn objected. I believe there was a hearing on the matter and it was determined that broad discovery would be allowed. Once that was decided, the die was cast. It can't be one way only. It is reasonable to see if there were calls between Ray and KO or staff.

The onus is on Ollie though.

Not 3rd parties.

Reaction Score
Ray isn't going to have a fan base to remember him with anything but malice if this keeps up..maybe Miami. Celtics fans outside of CT are ambivalent at best.

I hope it ends as quickly as possible, as painlessly as possible for UConn and Ray.

CL82

Reaction Score
Can't allow Ray to disassociate himself from Storrs because of this. My understanding is this has really pissed him off. Never was upset they fired KO but them involving him in his buddies destruction is making him very upset.
Again, Ollie's representation wanted discovery broadened, not UConn. Ray Ray's anger is misdirected.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agree, but thinking they can get this from KO and staff's phone records no?

Ray is our greatest alum ambassador. Let's try and not taint that relationship in the KO debacle.
Respectfully, Ray needs to temper his public statements. I get that he's not happy that he made a phone call that contributed to KO's discharge for cause, but it is what it is. Make a single statement that the hope the matter can be settled amiably and shut the heck up.

Reaction Score
Again, Ollie's representation wanted discovery broadened, not UConn. Ray Ray's anger is misdirected.

Again, that broadened discovery pertains to Ollie. If tomorrow someone subpoenaed me, in a civil matter in which I was a disinterested party, about all the secret documents I have pertaining to the Cuban Missile Crisis, would I have to provide them?

Reaction Score
Ollie is the one involving his buddy in his continued quest for personal destruction.

Hearing Benedict/UConn asked for the records for their defense he pushed back, good source.

I mean I get it no matter all of this is on KO in the end.

CL82

Reaction Score
Again, that broadened discovery pertains to Ollie. If tomorrow someone subpoenaed me, in a civil matter in which I was a disinterested party, about all the secret documents I have pertaining to the Cuban Missile Crisis, would I have to provide them?
Do you have documents pertaining to the Cuban Missile Crisis?

CL82

Reaction Score
Pay the man.

I can't say that enough. The "not a dime" crew don't get the PR messiness of this.
So you'd pay $11M to avoid PR messiness of discharging an employee? Things have to get awfully messy before they are worth more than $11M.

FWIW, once the NCAA gave Ollie a 3 year show cause penalty, this was over. In the end there would be far more PR messiness in paying him.

Reaction Score
Again, this is why some pro and college sports fans are against hiring beloved alumni as coaches. It’s awkward and ugly when it doesn’t work out. Especially after winning a championship. Now we have two beloved guys involved in one never ending mess.
the only thing that is important is the NCAA finished their review ,accepted Uconn self imposed sanctions and we have no NCAA Tourney probation. Kevin is in bad shape which is sad but his own doing.

Reaction Score
Why was KO fired? Did the W-L record have anything to do with it? If so, pay the man.

If you don't think W-L was a factor, you've been duped.
14nMfF6eUeWayc.gif

Reaction Score
Can't allow Ray to disassociate himself from Storrs because of this. My understanding is this has really pissed him off. Never was upset they fired KO but them involving him in his buddies destruction is making him very upset.

Oh good. Now he's got another story to regale people with, whether they want to hear it or not. This and the "Why I left Boston for Miami" story. Whether you want to hear them or not, Ray Allen will tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom