Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why was KO fired? Did the W-L record have anything to do with it? If so, pay the man.

If you don't think W-L was a factor, you've been duped.
i think that is too simplistic. Why was the W_L record so bad and going downhill [recruiting]. There are certainly many rumors around and my guess is that UCONN probably knows. If it was just difficulty in recruiting following a national championship that is one thing in which case I agree with you. If it was laziness, women, drugs [all rumored] then I’d would be “for cause”, in which case you don't pay him.

Reaction Score
i think that is too simplistic. Why was the W_L record so bad and going downhill [recruiting]. There are certainly many rumors around and my guess is that UCONN probably knows. If it was just difficulty in recruiting following a national championship that is one thing in which case I agree with you. If it was laziness, women, drugs [all rumored] then I’d would be “for cause”, in which case you don't pay him.
I don't think any of those things were part of the Cause allegation, but maybe there is some reporting on that which I have not seen.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

I think Stephanie was the only woman who played a role.

pj

Reaction Score
I think all would agree to pay the man a reasonable sum. $10 Million is not that. Maybe $2MM. Frankly, he deserves exactly what he is owed under his contract - nothing, except it’s worth limiting the costs of time, bad press and distractions to move on. Whatever the case, KO has shown his true character and destroyed himself.

If what you're selling is "limiting the costs of time, bad press, and distractions", then it's bad strategy to wait until 90% of the costs of time, bad press, and distractions have already been borne before making a settlement offer. As a matter of fact, 90% of those costs have now been incurred, and that history can't be reversed. The remainder of the case is a minor sideshow that won't impact Hurley or the university much, and will be almost entirely absent from the newspapers and ESPN. Even 90% of the legal costs have already been borne. The university has no motive to settle for more than a pittance.

Reaction Score
If what you're selling is "limiting the costs of time, bad press, and distractions", then it's bad strategy to wait until 90% of the costs of time, bad press, and distractions have already been borne before making a settlement offer. As a matter of fact, 90% of those costs have now been incurred, and that history can't be reversed. The remainder of the case is a minor sideshow that won't impact Hurley or the university much, and will be almost entirely absent from the newspapers and ESPN. Even 90% of the legal costs have already been borne. The university has no motive to settle for more than a pittance.
Sad to say but UConn's AD has a long history of impactful legal maneuvers that don't always play out right away. We're arguably stuck in this G5/mid-Major outhouse because we decided to sue the ACC years ago, even when it might've been prudent to not do so.
Now we're pushing the "to hell with it, keep the legal battle going, no settlement" narrative with one of our core program foundation guys, and the stench is starting to affect key alums like Ray-Ray & Rudy.
But wth, as long as we're "right", I guess it'll be worth it. :rolleyes:Head bang

Reaction Score
Most recruits have no clue that Ray Allen played at UConn. Heck most have as much knowledge of him as they do about Bob Cousy. Again Ollie called him as a witness. So should the UConn lawyers have just left him alone and not asked questions? Do you have a limit as to how much you would pay so Allen and Gay won’t be upset? All 10 million? 5? Ray was part of the problem here. You know. He and his buddy got caught so it is UConn’s fault

Reaction Score
Sad to say but UConn's AD has a long history of impactful legal maneuvers that don't always play out right away. We're arguably stuck in this G5/mid-Major outhouse because we decided to sue the ACC years ago, even when it might've been prudent to not do so.
Now we're pushing the "to hell with it, keep the legal battle going, no settlement" narrative with one of our core program foundation guys, and the stench is starting to affect key alums like Ray-Ray & Rudy.
But wth, as long as we're "right", I guess it'll be worth it. :rolleyes:Head bang
Just to be clear “UConn’s AD not Benedict. In fact , many believe that suit was the baby of the then Ct. attorney general, Blumenthal.

Reaction Score
Ray has become delusional in his old age. He now thinks millionaires are victims.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Saw this lol, kinda awkward
Bah, it's a message. It would be more awkward if we suddenly started pretending that Ray didn't exist.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20190722-093255_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Since Ray is a booster is a picture different than phone call?

Phone call was organized. Whether or not it's true, the pretense is he just "happened to be there"... kind of like when Drake "happens" to be at UK for big official visits

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Trumping up Cause to reduce owed compensation is dirty. I agree with your sarcasm. UConn should have not followed Pitt's example.

UConn took it to another level though. Scorched Earth. No reasonable settlement. It leaves KO no option but to fight to the end.

You don't know that. I believe he was offered something more than fair and turned it down.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Trumping up Cause to reduce owed compensation is dirty. I agree with your sarcasm. UConn should have not followed Pitt's example.

UConn took it to another level though. Scorched Earth. No reasonable settlement. It leaves KO no option but to fight to the end.
Lol, so which of the items listed for cause do you believe was "trumped up?" If cause was "trumped up" as you suggest, why did the NCAA give KO a show cause penalty? Are they a part of some bizarre conspiracy to "get" Ollie?

Man for guy who, oddly in my view, spent month after month asking for us to "come back to the big east" you aren't turning out to be a particularly good conference partner. Maybe the guys who pegged you as a troll got it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom