Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ray Allen seeking protective order against UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was terminated for the win-loss record. Small violations were inflated to create a case for cause. It’s a bad look for UConn. Just pay him his termination.

JC did worse and wasn’t fired, but his win-loss record was better.

Pitt pulled the same crap with firing their head coach, and they also look foolish. He wasn’t a Pitt guy. KO is one of your own.

People close to UConn like Ray or JC don’t have to like everything KO did to still know paying him is the right thing to do.

A cause case could be made to fire the president or the AD. They would fight it. Of course KO is fighting this. This is poorly managed. Just clean it all up while you are still in the AAC.

As Chief says, bring in better decision makers with the new president.

$0 dollars....that's how much he deserves now. Take it or leave it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nelson is not connected to reality. Just a month ago he thought DeMarcus Cousins would get a max deal.

Are you stalking me, freak? I have about 150 NBA posts in the last two months, and you found a single line out of a 4 paragraph post in a game thread where I say "will" instead of "might"? I backed off Cousins getting a max as soon as I was challenged on it, and there are like 20 posts where I call Cousins a fat pile of .

You must have spent hours going through my posts to find that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When do schools under investigation not cooperate with the NCAA? DId they not cooperate when there were previous violations? Everyone cooperates. Except Ollie, apparently . . .

So if your client was being sued, you would go to the counterparty and volunteer all the incriminating information about your client? Good to know.

Reaction Score
Are you stalking me, freak? I have about 150 NBA posts in the last two months, and you found a single line out of a 4 paragraph post in a game thread where I say "will" instead of "might"? I backed off Cousins getting a max as soon as I was challenged on it, and there are like 20 posts where I call Cousins a fat pile of .

You must have spent hours going through my posts to find that.

Yep, you have 150 posts on the NBA, most of which are awful takes. I read threads that interest me. I don't claim to be an expert on much of anything, but follow the NBA to some degree. I remember because I was the one who called you out on it. You didn't back off either.

Curry and Thompson were great last night. Thompson is one of the smartest, most fundamentally sound players in the NBA. Cousins looks out of shape, but with all the cap space around the league this summer, he will get a max deal.
You think Cousins will get a max deal?
I thought that when I was watching the game, but he really is a fat . He looks more like a slow pitch softball player than an NBA player. He might not get max, but the numbers will be big.

IIRC he got a 3.5m one year deal.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Northbound, post: 3217539, member: 155”]If you suck at your job, do not get caught stealing computers out the back door then ask for severance and don't ask you're buddy to vouch for you.
[/QUOTE]

It’s more like you used the company photocopier for your passport before you went on vacation. Your mentor openly did it as do others, but it’s technically a violation.

Let’s not equate this to grand larceny.

It is selective treatment to try to take advantage of a clause to not pay the man. It’s bush league.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yep, you have 150 posts on the NBA, most of which are awful takes. I read threads that interest me. I don't claim to be an expert on much of anything, but follow the NBA to some degree. I remember because I was the one who called you out on it. You didn't back off either.

IIRC he got a 3.5m one year deal.

You didn't post a prediction in the NBA Offseason thread, so your opinion doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
So if your client was being sued, you would go to the counterparty and volunteer all the incriminating information about your client? Good to know.

That might be the worst analogy in the history of analogies . . .

Reaction Score
You didn't post a prediction in the NBA Offseason thread, so your opinion doesn't matter.

No arguments here. The amusing part is you thinking your opinion does. May I suggest you participate in this next year? Could be fun.

Reaction Score
Your attempt to insult my intelligence is duly noted.

Attempt at what? No need for that nor did I try. You've succeeded without effort with so many already on this thread. Well done!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That might be the worst analogy in the history of analogies . . .

Except for this one.
It’s more like you used the company photocopier for your passport before you went on vacation. Your mentor openly did it as do others, but it’s technically a violation.

Two complete duds back to back. Yeah, Ollie got a 3 year show cause for something equivalent to copying his passport. :rolleyes:

It is true that if you absolute best, hall of fame performer, who built the company breaks a rule he will be treated differently than a guy who basically stops doing his job altogether for two years and laughs in the face of his bosses when they try to get him to change his erratic and irresponsible behavior. What is bush league is expecting the second guy to be treated like the first guy. There is no law or requirement anywhere that requires people who perform differently to be treated the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
copy of your passport?

Reaction Score
Just so many assumptions in this thread. I do not think any of us were there. I have been deposed and it was quite contentious. Not a reach.

Reaction Score
Two complete duds back to back. Yeah, Ollie got a 3 year show cause for something equivalent to copying his passport.

Yes, it's in fact much closer to breaking a rule than felony grand larceny.

No crimes were committed. He broke a rule that would not normally even be looked into.

His employer worked with the prosecuting NCAA against him because they wanted to save $$$. He received the show cause because he did not cooperate.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes, it's in fact much closer to breaking a rule than felony grand larceny.

No crimes were committed. He broke a rule that would not normally even be looked into.

His employer worked with the prosecuting NCAA against him because they wanted to save $$$. He received the show cause because he did not cooperate.
... Uh, what "rule" do you think he broke? I'm just curious.

Are you okay with rule breaking in general, so long as it's not close to felony grand larceny?

Also you really believe that there was a massive conspiracy with UConn, its current president, its future president and its and AD, the NCAA, its investigators, and multiple witnesses? Are you sure that is what you are stumping for here.

Reaction Score

Are you okay with rule breaking in general, so long as it's not close to felony grand larceny?

Also you really believe that there was a massive conspiracy with UConn, its current president, its future president and its and AD, the NCAA, its investigators, and multiple witnesses? Are you sure that is what you are stumping for here.
Well yeah, I think it is less of an issue to break a rule, by having RA talk to a recruit, than to steal computers out of the back of your company's warehouse. I'll absolutely stand by that. I didn't make the comparison to grand larceny. I'm refuting it.

It's fine that UConn fired KO. Are you saying if he won the conference and the NCAA title in his last year he still would have been fired? Of course he wouldn't. He might have had a hand slap, but probably not even that.

UConn turned on KO. It's nasty biz. KO must defend himself. They should have just fired him and paid him.

Reaction Score

Here is my issue. I am speculating, by connecting the proverbial dots. Miller went to someone (AD??) and spun a tale(some of which I highly doubt). AD self reported these and used this to fire KO. GM was also a key witness or information provider in the NCAA hearing. Like everyone else on this board, I know this is a theory. I am not OK with the way it played out. I know I am not in the majority, by the minority is a substantial number.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen is an athletic booster at UConn - he's not allowed to pick up the phone and call recruits.

This whole kerfuffle started because Ray Allen and Kevin Ollie staged a coincidental call while Diallo was present.
It was typical Ollie “tiles don’t apply to me” nonsense

CL82

Reaction Score
Here is my issue. I am speculating, by connecting the proverbial dots. Miller went to someone (AD??) and spun a tale(some of which I highly doubt). AD self reported these and used this to fire KO. GM was also a key witness or information provider in the NCAA hearing. Like everyone else on this board, I know this is a theory. I am not OK with the way it played out. I know I am not in the majority, by the minority is a substantial number.
Madman you kept saying "It's all alleged. Nothing has been decided by the NCAA, prior to the NCAA's decision. Don't you feel like it's a little inconsistent to say "Well now that they've made their decision, I'm going to disregard it?"

Keep in mind that UConn as institution that has been sanctioned before faces heightened risk when going back before the NCAA. That was why KO and other UConn coaches were advised of a zero tolerance policy toward NCAA violations. Do you really believe it is likely that the school would risk further sanction, which could have been considerable, to try to "frame Ollie"?

Also keep in mind that this isn't a single instance but rather a pattern of disregard toward NCAA rules and untruthful statements to both UConn and the NCAA. That gets you fired for cause 10 times out of 10 no matter what organization you are working for, particularly when you've been told there was a zero tolerance policy.

Finally, as I pointed out with our Villanova guest, a whole lot of people in multiple organizations were involved in sanctioning Ollie. It is incredibly unlikely that that would happen, particularly between a regulator and the subject of that regulation.

Reaction Score
The NCAA decision is pending. Obviously UConn's is not, since they hired a new coach. The NCAA has made their decision, but KO has the right to appeal and he is doing so.
Do I believe that is how it went down. Yes I do. The NCAA took Miller's word over KO. I am not privy to the testimony, but that is how it played out. It just does not feel that far fetched to me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Madman you kept saying "It's all alleged. Nothing has been decided by the NCAA, prior to the NCAA's decision. Don't you feel like it's a little inconsistent to say "Well now that they've made their decision, I'm going to disregard it?"

Keep in mind that UConn as institution that has been sanctioned before faces heightened risk when going back before the NCAA. That was why KO and other UConn coaches were advised of a zero tolerance policy toward NCAA violations. Do you really believe it is likely that the school would risk further sanction, which could have been considerable, to try to "frame Ollie"?

Also keep in mind that this isn't a single instance but rather a pattern of disregard toward NCAA rules and untruthful statements to both UConn and the NCAA. That gets you fired for cause 10 times out of 10 no matter what organization you are working for, particularly when you've been told there was a zero tolerance policy.

Finally, as I pointed out with our Villanova guest, a whole lot of people in multiple organizations were involved in sanctioning Ollie. It is incredibly unlikely that that would happen, particularly between a regulator and the subject of that regulation.
Oh, something you never hear. I respectfully disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom