OT - Rashad McCants says he took fake classes, tutors wrote his papers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Rashad McCants says he took fake classes, tutors wrote his papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
mccants could really shoot the j/ jan. 04 he couldn't miss at unc vs UCONN & outdueled rashad/no wonder unc would do anything to keep mccants eligible/unc figured if they would ever be exposed they'd just blame UCONN for causing their odium

Nice use of the thesaurus; not quite perfect, but that's what made it special.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I knew the Tar Heels got away with s*** in the 04' and 05' regular season games. Damn confederates.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We lost scholarships because of a kid who never played 1 minute for us. We were banned because of academic performance from kids who earned bad grades. How is N C's national title not in jeopardy? And what is Roy Wliiams penalty for knowing?
That is nearly the exact text of an email i sent to Mark Emmert earlier today. I know it would never reach him but it made me feel good to send the email.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
like i said, what is his beef...did he feel like he was cheated out of royalties for his jersey sales and likeness on NCAA basketball video games? he had a chance to actually take the classes... As much as i would like to blast UNC for this, i would have to say to blame the university for not getting an education, when they gave you the opportunity too, and then cover up for the fact that you didnt... he just seems like a punk. sorry don't like snitches, especially when they are just as dirty as the people they are snitching on..
Thats great gangster. However, its about 1,000,000 miles away from the salient issue which is UNC systematically participated in academic fraud and isn't being punished while UCONN was pistol whipped and missed the NCAA tournament for comparatively insignificant actions.

Reaction Score
I haven't read all the responses, only some...

But when Rashad McCants speaks, I know I cannot believe any of it it... so when he says he cheated in his studies, it really means he did not cheat.... um, what???

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
probably, but I never understood guys benefitting from improper benefits and then years later coming out and squealing to get back at their former school. either don't accept them or tell the proper channels when it occurs. Lets stop pretending McCants or any of these guys(like the Auburn players in that Real Sports expose a year or so ago) are doing this for what's right and what's just, its for attention and/or possibly money for their story.

Thing is, if you're running a major program, you have to know that one of the mixed up kids will eventually talk. Maybe Rashad is classless. Maybe he saw the light. Either way, Nail the Bastards!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I haven't read all the responses, only some...

But when Rashad McCants speaks, I know I cannot believe any of it it... so when he says he cheated in his studies, it really means he did not cheat.... um, what???

Hey, people thought they couldn't take a word Jose Canseco said seriously. Turned out he was the most honest man in all of baseball.

Reaction Score
Hey, people thought they couldn't take a word Jose Canseco said seriously. Turned out he was the most honest man in all of baseball.

Yes, go to jail or speak honestly....

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yes, go to jail or speak honestly....

Huh? Jail had nothing to do with Jose's claims. He's the guy main guy who spilled the beans on the rest of major league baseball. It's not like he opened up on the stand or anything. He had no legal ramifications from juicing in the Major Leagues.

Reaction Score
Huh? Jail had nothing to do with Jose's claims. He's the guy main guy who spilled the beans on the rest of major league baseball. It's not like he opened up on the stand or anything. He had no legal ramifications from juicing in the Major Leagues.

You are taking comments too literally... He was indicted on federal charges. He scammed baseball. If you think he's a good guy for all he's done, I'm not in agreement.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You are taking comments too literally... He was indicted on federal charges. He scammed baseball. If you think he's a good guy for all he's done, I'm not in agreement.

I didn't say he was a good guy; far from it. I said he was more honest than most every other player out there concerning the steroid problem in baseball. I didn't see anyone else speaking up.

And he was never indicted for anything to do with steroids (when he first spoke out about all that stuff). So I don't know why that matters.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing: even if you don't view McCants as an authority on this matter, the fact that his transcript corresponds so closely to his allegations pretty much confirms what we suspected all along regarding the shenanigans going on down there in Chapel Hill.

Best case scenario for UNC, this was a kid who normally wouldn't have been academically eligible but was propped up by bogus classes. Worst case scenario, they're complicit in an elaborate cheating scandal that could pretty much destroy the program. Either way you slice it, I have no idea how the NCAA doesn't retroactively declare McCants ineligible and revoke their national championship. Then again, most of this stuff, we knew already, and the NCAA justified the whole situation by saying all students could enroll in the course, which we all know is BS. I don't know if you're going to find a more clear-cut case of favoritism.

Reaction Score
I didn't say he was a good guy; far from it. I said he was more honest than most every other player out there concerning the steroid problem in baseball. I didn't see anyone else speaking up.

And he was never indicted for anything to do with steroids (when he first spoke out about all that stuff). So I don't know why that matters.

You're obviously on another tirade... so please feel free to not comment on me any more. You just like to argue at any expense. Canseco will be known as a sham to Major League Baseball. Feel free to side with McCants too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You're obviously on another tirade... so please feel free to not comment on me any more. You just like to argue at any expense.

Amazing how you came to those conclusions. That sounds more like projection to me, but OK.

Canseco will be known as a sham to Major League Baseball. Feel free to side with McCants too.

I didn't side with anyone, but again, OK. I agree that Canseco is a complete joke, which makes the fact that he was the most honest guy about steroids that much more damning. A very similar situation, to a lesser degree, is going on with McCants now.

C

Chief00

Actually this will finally force Emmert's hand to investigate similar concerns at UCONN that he has had ever since his time spent here and thus free him from the perceived bias that he has for our program;)

Actually you nailed it. It took me a long time to convince many here he had this bias and it would be bad for us. Now that's conventional wisdom .

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Was it Omar who was investigated because of sneakers when he was 15. They always go after garbage and ignore the big stuff. Our APR problem would have been quickly fixed by some fake grades.

I think the most damning thing Rashad said was how he was made eligible in the fall semester by their making a course with an F grade disappear and throwing in a summer course. Seems specific and actionable.

Reaction Score
You're obviously on another tirade... so please feel free to not comment on me any more. You just like to argue at any expense. Canseco will be known as a sham to Major League Baseball. Feel free to side with McCants too.

I have no dog in this fight but you are throwing out straw men left and right and acting like intl is being the illogical one.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Again, we had scholarships lost a post season ban all because we barely missed a Stop retroactive apr ruling. While schools are running paper classes to get kids by. Its so bogus. And we are still the most dominating college ball this decade. Viva la uconn.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We have guys who've been in the league and guys who will be in the league 10-15 years. Same guys who dont even need to be in the league. How many of our former guys are broke right now? Not many... we will survive doing things the right way. We take the stairs, Let them cheat. F$#k em! We are uconn.

caw

Reaction Score
www.usatoday.com/story/sports/...tions/10102253/

From USA TODAY:

Sixteen players from North Carolina's 2005 national championship team issued the following statement Friday responding to former teammate Rashad McCants' allegations of academic misconduct:

"We are proud of our accomplishments both on and off the floor at UNC. With conviction, each one of us is proud to say that we attended class and did our own academic work. We want to thank our advisers and counselors who supported us, while also maintaining the integrity of the institution. We also want to make it clear that Coach Williams and his staff operated with the highest level of ethics and integrity within their respective roles. We are forever grateful for the lessons we learned on the court, in the classroom and during our time in Chapel Hill.

"In light of the comments made by Rashad on ESPN Outside the Lines, we want to state that our personal academic experiences are not consistent with Rashad's claims. We know that Coach Williams did not have any knowledge of any academic impropriety, and further that Coach Williams would not have tried to manipulate a player's schedule. Rashad will always be our teammate and we wish him well on all of his future endeavors."

Signed by:

Charlie Everett

Raymond Felton

Brooks Foster

Damion Grant

Jesse Holley

C.J. Hooker

Jackie Manuel

Sean May

Wes Miller

David Noel

Byron Sanders

Melvin Scott

Reyshawn Terry

Quentin Thomas

Jawad Williams

Marvin Williams

---------------------------------------------

Funny second to last sentence.

"We know that Coach Williams did not have any knowledge of any academic impropriety, and further that Coach Williams would not have tried to manipulate a player's schedule."

How can they know he wasn't aware if they did all their own work, unless they knew of cases where players did cheat/not do work/had tutors do it and Roy was in the dark. You would think the lawyers who wrote this for them would have worded it better (similar to their experiences at UNC).

They imply that someone on the team did cheat and they knew, but Roy didn't.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ok, say that's true and only McCants received the benefit; unlikely based on the fact they basically created the African studies department to get athletes eligible. His experience alone is far more egregious than UCONN's and should land them in significant hot water with the NCAA

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rashad McCants was apparently one of four major players on the team who has a transcript loaded with the fake classes.

Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe that the head coach wouldn't know about one of his best players' academic standings in the midst of a season with championship aspirations (they were preseason #3 that year, weren't they?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom