OT - Rashad McCants says he took fake classes, tutors wrote his papers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - Rashad McCants says he took fake classes, tutors wrote his papers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How! How do we fix this mess. I would suspect that this is equally true for Fb and at all D1 schools to various degrees. I am a defender of sports at the Universities, but we need a whole other system. One-half of all college students with all the tie in the world or a pt-job waiting tables or reshelving books in a library find it challenging to carry a full load and devote equal time to the classes; so, it must be fourfold for athletes who must workout sometimes 2X/daily. Perhaps we need to move revenue sports to clubs and universities can adopt or become associated with a club. Clubs being willing to play their games at a given university facility. Of course the whole educ system would have to change so that a high school educ is an educ. This will not happen. There is really no need for a NBA projected bb player to be forced into a Univ for a year or however long to learn the game. At best this was a monopoly given to schools to generate revenues, at best. At worst, to keep the NBA free from certain groups. Given today's job market- no one has a job for life and more are over qualified (on paper) for what is demanded of them. The usual argument about a player getting hurt and/or kicked off a team and must make a life elsewhere hardly stand today (we often joke about Duke gradutes working as waiters/waitresses). In any case if they ha a deent hs educ they could start at a college, etc. Of course this is just rambling because the sysyem of college sports marches 'blindly' forward with FB as the Ppiper- free from any policing in its current version of P5 conf. Of course we like it when one of the big fish has problems keeping on the lid, thumbing our chest, etc. But the aves will settle down and the game will heat up and all will be forgotten because it's all about money/survival.

Reaction Score
Roy knew, McCants has stopped bleeding baby blue while the others will try to keep the blue blood going. Sorry but there is no doubt he's telling the truth and the NCAA had better do something………

And where are the media dopes who preyed upon UConn for what would be termed minor incidents in comparison in the past………where are they in regards to this. Scared of UNC and their illustrious standing with the NCAA?

All a joke if nothing is done…….

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You're obviously on another tirade... so please feel free to not comment on me any more. You just like to argue at any expense. Canseco will be known as a sham to Major League Baseball. Feel free to side with McCants too.
Canseco lied while it benefitted him...while he was playing, using and making millions. He was finally honest when it would again benefit him..,he was broke and needed to sell books and interviews and could no longer play.

Reaction Score
The NCAA Tournament is the best sporting event in the world. Mostly, it showcases black athletes. Every black kid or white kid who gets to spend anytime on a college campus benefits. Why are all the balloon knots in the world trying to destroy it over some bull crap ideal that doesn't exist in the first place. Sad thing is that if ESPN had the tourney, there is not way that McCants even gets a voice. An NCAA scholarships gives a kid a shot at a life he would never hope to have without it. This is not a perfect world. Let's not destroy one of the few events that is...
well... perfect.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Canseco lied while it benefitted him...while he was playing, using and making millions. He was finally honest when it would again benefit him..,he was broke and needed to sell books and interviews and could no longer play.

Yes! Which is why I likened him to McCants! (though I've no idea about McCant's monetary situation)

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Roy knew, McCants has stopped bleeding baby blue while the others will try to keep the blue blood going. Sorry but there is no doubt he's telling the truth and the NCAA had better do something………

And where are the media dopes who preyed upon UConn for what would be termed minor incidents in comparison in the past………where are they in regards to this. Scared of UNC and their illustrious standing with the NCAA?

As I said in a previous post....Wojo? Wetzel? Crickets.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The NCAA Tournament is the best sporting event in the world. Mostly, it showcases black athletes. Every black kid or white kid who gets to spend anytime on a college campus benefits. Why are all the balloon knots in the world trying to destroy it over some bull crap ideal that doesn't exist in the first place. Sad thing is that if ESPN had the tourney, there is not way that McCants even gets a voice. An NCAA scholarships gives a kid a shot at a life he would never hope to have without it. This is not a perfect world. Let's not destroy one of the few events that is...
well... perfect.

But it was OK when they were destroying UCONN over a hell of a lot less than this? Not sure what you are saying.

Reaction Score
But it was OK when they were destroying UCONN over a hell of a lot less than this? Not sure what you are saying.
You're right you don't get it. You can't win a championship that no longer exists. Because the NCAA no longer exists. Because a lot of petty people don't get that these stupid little penalties allow the NCAA to pretend it is a college enterprise and not just a bunch of semi-pro
teams located in various locations. It allows people to have a rooting interest in the local school. Like woman wearing white at their weddings, the NCAA is a wonderful illusion that doesn't hold up to close scrutiny.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

intlzncster

Reaction Score

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
F$ck em(mert) look at how slowly they are moving on this but they were pretty quick to give us scholarship loss and post season ban on their retro active apr Stop. This seems much more serious. As uconn fans I guess it will always be us against the world aka Media, ncaa, conference realignment.... we continue to win ships... all that matters. Bleed blue.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
F$ck em(mert) look at how slowly they are moving on this but they were pretty quick to give us scholarship loss and post season ban on their retro active apr bull . This seems much more serious. As uconn fans I guess it will always be us against the world aka Media, ncaa, conference realignment.... we continue to win ships... all that matters. Bleed blue.

I am loathe, LOATHE, to defend the NCAA, but the fact that this is way more serious means they should take more time. Whether they actually do anything with that time is another story.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

I think Wetzel is on target

What I don't like:
People who are so jaded they think all this stuff should be ignored. You need rules in any competition.

People who think because Nate Miles never played (alleged crime thingy prevented that not an ethical awakening) that recruiting violations are not recruiting violations

Now, before I get (re)massacred, I agree the NCAA is ridiculous in how goes after AAU sneakers and left Penn State & UNC alone. I agree that UNC's violations appear to dwarf UCONN's. I don't like the way academic compliance is measured by the APR. But when we support cutting corners we are part of the problem

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think Wetzel is on target

What I don't like:
People who are so jaded they think all this stuff should be ignored. You need rules in any competition.

That's kind of where I'm feeling a bit of hypocrisy from Wetzel here. He's kind of saying, "whelp, it's messed up. let's see if they do anything." Whereas if this was UCONN, Wetzel, in particular, would be screaming bloody murder. Daily.

Reaction Score
Roy Williams of course in "shock" and "disbelief". If there's one thing I hate about Roy*, it's his faux "awwh shucks", "dadgummit" demeanor. Hate it. Smarmy duckcker.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...isbelief-rashad-mccants-claims-academic-fraud

*there's a lot of things I hate about Roy
He never should have made up some BS love about the "independent study" courses offered, given they make up one of the sketchiest parts of this whole show. Weaving that in to a general disowning of knowledge of what was going on, it's hard to not think dude is lying right through his teeth

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't watch that much TV these days but if that's how the media is handling this, by shooting the messenger, then they have missed the entire point. And they may have incentive to do that.

There's blame and hypocrisy to go all around. What the NCAA and colleges have done has been discussed at length. Unlike what other people like to portray McCants as this naive individual who fell victim to this isn't fully correct either. He had choices and if his education mattered to him that much he would have been pro-active then. Roy Williams wasn't the only one who knew 100% what was going on.

No doubt UNC should get hit hard with penalties. McCants though is far from a victim. He knew what was needed and got what he wanted. NBA- that was the goal. I wouldn't go as far as saying he did not want an education, I just don't think it was a priority.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I don't watch that much TV these days but if that's how the media is handling this, by shooting the messenger, then they have missed the entire point. And they may have incentive to do that.

Yeah...Just a little too much "everybody does it", rinsed down with too much "and everybody knows".

This goes to the very core of academics. And if those bastards at the NCAA (and in the media) are going to climb all high horse on the APR....How the hell do they cooperate in sweeping THIS under the rug?

Reaction Score
Here's another point of view from one of our very own. :)

http://www.tele-management.ca/2014/06/video-whats-behind-the-unc-scandal/

Donny had a perfect response to that host taking a subtle jab (IMO) at UCONN.

Hopefully Donny took it out on the host in a couple different ways :oops:……..Donny was too nice still though! Hate to say Roddick is correct in his analysis because McCants is a piece of crap for doing this no matter but nonetheless HE IS, UNC needs to go down!

(Donny is also into the multicolored sox fashion craze obviously too…..yikes!)

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He never should have made up some BS love about the "independent study" courses offered, given they make up one of the sketchiest parts of this whole show. Weaving that in to a general disowning of knowledge of what was going on, it's hard to not think dude is lying right through his teeth

That's actually one of UK's main tactics for getting around the APR. They offer online and independent 'courses' to kids their second semester so that they can go train/prepare for the NBA in another city (when the season ends).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom