February - Other Big East Games | Page 19 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That's silly, there's no reason August and you should be selling the conference short to make a point. It was supposed to be an ugly season for the conference, it's not. The league is really good.
The troubling fact is we’re not. Not that others picked below us eat our lunch. Credit to them

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's silly, there's no reason August and you should be selling the conference short to make a point. It was supposed to be an ugly season for the conference, it's not. The league is really good.
I’m not saying the conference is bad, it’s good. I think our Top 4 can compete with most conferences. But to say bottom to top that we’re a top 3 league is a little aggressive.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
No, we're the 5th team in my post. Our odds are at like 85% of being the 5 seed right now
Are we 5th?

Jesus lay off numbers. Odds on 12/31 was we were favored in every game for rest of season.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The 6th place team in the Big East beat the cr@p out of #1 Alabama, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State.
And lost to St. John’s at home. Wish they handed out November trophies

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
14-0 start #2 in country to 6th place in a league that is behind the mountain west in RPI and no matter which metric you want to use the BigEast is the 4th or 5th rated conference this year. You don’t call that amn epic fail? Or do you wanna play for December?
Coming in hot with the sizzle-lite takes.

Reaction Score
Are we 5th?

lay off numbers. Odds on 1/31 was we were favored in every game for rest of season.
I don't care about the standings on 2/15 and that we're in 6th place with an uneven Big East schedule. We're going to finish 5th in the Big East and hopefully gain some momentum in the BE tournament going into March

caw

Reaction Score
What about 6th place team? You tapping out?

SHU is going to stay in fifth? Seriously their end of year final four games will be a rough one for them. @ Uconn, X, Nova, @PC.

Who knows the future but they have a rough four games.

If I were a betting man I would say it goes Marquette, X, Creighton, PC, UConn, SHU 1-6.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I don't care about the standings on 2/15 and that we're in 6th place with an uneven Big East schedule. We're going to finish 5th in the Big East and hopefully gain some momentum in the BE tournament going into March
We hope for the same things obviously

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
SHU is going to stay in fifth? Seriously their end of year final four games will be a rough one for them. @ Uconn, X, Nova, @PC.

Who knows the future but they have a rough four games.

If I were a betting man I would say it goes Marquette, X, Creighton, PC, UConn, SHU 1-6.
We have games against teams that have already beaten us ,( except DePaul ) and nova on road. Easy. Right?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Meh. We are significantly behind the Big 12 and Big 10 again. The league is not at good as last year if you look at OOC records (and it's not really close).

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I've calmed down a little because we beat Marquette soundly, but if/when? we flame out in the first round, this place will burn to the ground. I don't trust Hurley in March.

Reaction Score
We have games against teams that have already beaten us ,( except DePaul ) and nova on road. Easy. Right?
At home? Yea easier. We lost to Creighton and Marquette on the road and outclassed both of them on our home court

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
At home? Yea easier. We lost to Creighton and Marquette on the road and outclassed both of them on our home court
So you chalk up ST John’s road as a loss by that judgement?

Reaction Score
St. John's is on the road.

I don't understand why so many on the board are acting like it's a foregone conclusion we go 5-0 with what we have left. Providence at home, Johnnie's on the road, and Nova on the road are far from easy. We haven't really strung together wins all conference season and I figured we all know by now how hard road games are for us.

I feel like we should win them all because of our talent but I also felt like this should've been a three loss season after we did what we did out of conference.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Shaka doing a great job at Marquette in year two. Would be nice if they were closer so we could develop a rivalry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom