February - Other Big East Games | Page 22 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think he’s basically a jerk.
Half the players St John's has had since Louie retired were jerks (or worse).

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He spiked his glasses against SHU a few weeks back and got ejected, but played in the next two games. Been a DNP for the last three

Reaction Score
And Pinzon suspended indefinitely now too. Not good things going on in Queens...

Reaction Score
Was really hoping SJU would pull themselves together enough to beat Creighton. They got close but just throw the ball away so much. Something has to change: either you believe Anderson can change stripes and recruit a different kind of dude there or he has to go. Lot of $$ holding him there so he may be back but they really need a change.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
And Pinzon suspended indefinitely now too. Not good things going on in Queens...
Pinzon blasted Anderson on Instagram. I read he was the second guy to do so on social media. I'm guessing Curbelo was the first.

Reaction Score
That would be a good hire for Gtown. Huge change for SJU. They would need a complete rebuild with style. Grown doesn’t have a style so maybe an easier build.
That would add another high profile name to the BE head coaches rank and create a good storyline having 2 brothers coaching in the same conference.

But keep Bobby out west. I only want one Hurley recruiting and coaching from the Mid-Atlantic up through the NYC metro area and into NE and his name is Danny.

Reaction Score
He spiked his glasses against SHU a few weeks back and got ejected, but played in the next two games. Been a DNP for the last three
I mean, how can anyone question the judgement of a kid who thinks wearing Blue Blockers during basketball games looks cool?

Reaction Score
I don’t expect 5-0. I think we lose one of PC or Nova.

Well, we didn’t lose to Villanova
they do?
i don't get this acc harsh one bit. it's illogical.
currently, they look like 6, or 7, in the show. mebbe more.
what everyone knows is that if #9 in that league, Carolina with the same 8-7 league record as us, gives the deciders even a hint of a reason to squeeze them in, they will. once top ranked an all that. league cred.

conference rankings will be finalized after selection day. at best, our league is 5, based upon teams sent to the show. no other data necessary, tho there is time left for some acc'ers to go sideways, and some be'ers to go north, but it really doesn't seem likely that we hit 6.

You make good points, but the flaw in your argument is that the ACC has 15 members vs the Big East with only 11. So 6 or 7 from the ACC is no better than the BE getting 5. And the BE is likely to get at least 3 teams with a 5 seed or better while the ACC IS probably looking at 1 in that category.

Reaction Score
Well, we didn’t lose to Villanova

You make good points, but the flaw in your argument is that the ACC has 15 members vs the Big East with only 11. So 6 or 7 from the ACC is no better than the BE getting 5. And the BE is likely to get at least 3 teams with a 5 seed or better while the ACC IS probably looking at 1 in that category.
Huh? That’s our last game of the season

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sj coach stinks. always has. youse were informed of this by stevie d's lawsuit way back.
i expect us to defeat them handily next game, as they stink, but
they did just win here for like the first time in decades, sooo, there's that.
we're highly susceptible to any team with hot guard play, especially since one of their guards on d gets a night off from guarding one of our 'guards,' who belongs next to the basket, and not parading around out there on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
I mean, how can anyone question the judgement of a kid who thinks wearing Blue Blockers during basketball games looks cool?
You might be saying this as a joke which is cool, but he wears sunglasses because the light in the arenas both him some. I always wondered why he wore them.

Reaction Score
You might be saying this as a joke which is cool, but he wears sunglasses because the light in the arenas both him some. I always wondered why he wore them.
Scary concussion in an exhibition game against Indiana Univ of PA. He’s suffered complications ever since. @connVA i get the attempt at a joke based on the look, but he will likely suffer side effects for a long time. Not very funny.

Reaction Score
Scary concussion in an exhibition game against Indiana Univ of PA. He’s suffered complications ever since. @connVA i get the attempt at a joke based on the look, but he will likely suffer side effects for a long time. Not very funny.
oh wow I didn't know it was because of the concussion. Yeah, that's bad.

Reaction Score
I always hated pairing Curbelo/Posh together: two small guards who can’t shoot, but I did like Pinzon as a long-term piece for SJ: a shooter with length who can defend multiple positions.

As a result, I picked up Addae-Wusu on the BY fantasy league. Not yet playing him over Scheierman/Umoja/Dawes but thinking Dawes might be out of my lineup.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about the guy…but three straight games suspended and still has his teammates backs like this? Uhhh yeah I want him storrs bound next season

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Incredible that we lost to that team
I think the BS technical on Clingan played an enormous role in that game. DH sat him for quite a while after that and we had no rim protection when their guards were able to drive.

That call (the refs had no reason to balance it when Jones took a swing because he didn't like incidental contact) reminded me of when Minlend slapped Donny Marshall before an inbound play and both got T'd up. That school has a history of cheap @$$ $#!t.

Reaction Score
Yet they beat us. Talk about sticking in the craw….

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They’ve got a replacement coach in mind and we know him well.

Anderson’s buyout is near enough to $10M after this season. I guess we will find out what’s in their piggy bank after this season.

I think the BS technical on Clingan played an enormous role in that game. DH sat him for quite a while after that and we had no rim protection when their guards were able to drive.

That call (the refs had no reason to balance it when Jones took a swing because he didn't like incidental contact) reminded me of when Minlend slapped Donny Marshall before an inbound play and both got T'd up. That school has a history of cheap @$$ $#!t.

I think if you look at the second half, every time we scored, they scored. Literally….every time. (I think we scored twice in a row in the final seconds, but other than that, we didn’t get any stops when we needed one.)

They kept us out of our offense and we could not stop theirs so disaster ensued.

Reaction Score
I always hated pairing Curbelo/Posh together: two small guards who can’t shoot, but I did like Pinzon as a long-term piece for SJ: a shooter with length who can defend multiple positions.

As a result, I picked up Addae-Wusu on the BY fantasy league. Not yet playing him over Scheierman/Umoja/Dawes but thinking Dawes might be out of my lineup.
yeah Posh/Curbelo is really a duplication of skill and weaknesses although Posh is tougher and can mix it up with the big boys for rebounds. Ever since Curbelo got suspended, or whatever, Posh has played much better. Posh has to have the ball and run the show, he can't play off ball at all-it doesn't play to is strengths. Jordan Hawkins is a great off ball player, but Posh is just bad off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom