February - Other Big East Games | Page 20 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
St. John's is on the road.

I don't understand why so many on the board are acting like it's a foregone conclusion we go 5-0 with what we have left. Providence at home, Johnnie's on the road, and Nova on the road are far from easy. We haven't really strung together wins all conference season and I figured we all know by now how hard road games are for us.

I feel like we should win them all because of our talent but I also felt like this should've been a three loss season after we did what we did out of conference.
I don’t expect 5-0. I think we lose one of PC or Nova.

caw

Reaction Score

I don't understand why so many on the board are acting like it's a foregone conclusion we go 5-0 with what we have left. Providence at home, Johnnie's on the road, and Nova on the road are far from easy. We haven't really strung together wins all conference season and I figured we all know by now how hard road games are for us.

I feel like we should win them all because of our talent but I also felt like this should've been a three loss season after we did what we did out of conference.

It's not an easy end, though it is easier than almost any other five game stretch so far in BE play with no more road games against X, Marquette, Creighton, and PC.

Still would you take the five UConn has or the four SHU has?

BTW I was completely shocked there was another close game today at Marquette and the home team won. Just shocking. It's almost like it's hard to win a close game in the BE on the road. That or Miller is a horrible coach at the end of games on the road. I mean he and X were up like 4 with only a few minutes to go. /s

Reaction Score

Right. UConn hasn't earned the "they'll win out" designation. Given who they have left, you take 3-2 every day of the week.

caw

Reaction Score
We have games against teams that have already beaten us ,( except DePaul ) and nova on road. Easy. Right?

Did I say that, but easier than SHU no? They lost to X, Nova and PC already also and beat UConn by 1 at home. Easy. Right?

I like this game where you point something out that is easily countered by the same logic you try and use.

Reaction Score
The 6th place team in the Big East beat the cr@p out of #1 Alabama, Iowa State, and Oklahoma State.
Except those teams were not playing “Jackson defense” against us then.

It’s why I think it’s pipe dream to imagine us ever being that dominant again.

Every coach in america should be playing D like Creighton against us.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Are we 5th?

lay off numbers. Odds on 12/31 was we were favored in every game for rest of season.

We have games against teams that have already beaten us ,( except DePaul ) and nova on road. Easy. Right?

So you chalk up ST John’s road as a loss by that judgement?
ADub, who pissed on your Arby's?

You are being a cranky SOB, stooping to Nelson tactics to try to win an argument that's entirely subjective. I'm wondering if diaper duty twenty years after your first run at it is wearing on your nerves.

Reaction Score
It's not an easy end, though it is easier than almost any other five game stretch so far in BE play with no more road games against X, Marquette, Creighton, and PC.

Still would you take the five UConn has or the four SHU has?

BTW I was completely shocked there was another close game today at Marquette and the home team won. Just shocking. It's almost like it's hard to win a close game in the BE on the road. That or Miller is a horrible coach at the end of games on the road. I mean he and X were up like 4 with only a few minutes to go. /s
I was shocked Xavier/Souley Boum choked like that. It sounds like you didn't watch the game so I'll fill you in. Xavier had the ball up 3 with 30 seconds left and Boum had back to back unforced turnovers to give Marquette the lead. It was certainly unlike Boum and Xavier under Miller to do that.

I would prefer UConn's final 5 over SHU's final 4, I can't believe it's even a question as to comparing UConn and SHU's final schedule to see who gets 5th place in the league but here we are. Just shows how disappointing we've been in conference.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Right. UConn hasn't earned the "they'll win out" designation. Given who they have left, you take 3-2 every day of the week.
Are you serious? Losing more home games isn’t remotely acceptable. I’ll accept @Nova as a tossup. St. John’s is a revenge game, need to pummel them. PC is going to run into the team Marquette got.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I’m not saying the conference is bad, it’s good. I think our Top 4 can compete with most conferences. But to say bottom to top that we’re a top 3 league is a little aggressive.
aggressive? it's nutz. like last year, everyone here gets whacked out during the regular season, until the reality of 'selection sunday' and the draft comes along to tell us 'ummm, no.'
my fav net thing stat is the acc has only one squad, Virginia at 13, in the top 25.
acc should be good for 6 or more, in the show. currently, they've only got 9 teams with a league record equal to or better than ours.
and, it seems so far, that we've already lost 2, or more, preseason expected draft picks.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ADub, who pissed on your Arby's?

You are being a cranky SOB, stooping to Nelson tactics to try to win an argument that's entirely subjective. I'm wondering if diaper duty twenty years after your first run at it is wearing on your nerves.
You are being a cranky SOB, stooping to Nelson tactics to try to win an argument that's entirely subjective.

yeah, umm no.
we've already lost seven league games, after 2 seasons of only losing six.
7 is more than 6.
not subjective, tho incredibly offputting. ur turn. mebbe u can tell me again how our ridiculously bad hack rate is just referee unfairness.
and, get ready for 'slippery floor' season, cuz it's coming fast.
should be good for another excuse, or ten

Reaction Score
Are you serious? Losing more home games isn’t remotely acceptable. I’ll accept @Nova as a tossup. St. John’s is a revenge game, need to pummel them. PC is going to run into the team Marquette got.

Realistic. So yes, unfortunately, serious.

Reaction Score
Why complain when there is a disparity in calls? Are you saying that there aren’t games in which one team fouls more than the other?

And frankly I never see posters here complaining when the disparity favors us.
Did you even read what I wrote? It answers any of your questions. I know home jobs when I see them. We haven’t had one in a long time.

caw

Reaction Score
I was shocked Xavier/Souley Boum choked like that. It sounds like you didn't watch the game so I'll fill you in. Xavier had the ball up 3 with 30 seconds left and Boum had back to back unforced turnovers to give Marquette the lead. It was certainly unlike Boum and Xavier under Miller to do that.

I would prefer UConn's final 5 over SHU's final 4, I can't believe it's even a question as to comparing UConn and SHU's final schedule to see who gets 5th place in the league but here we are. Just shows how disappointing we've been in conference.

Nope, I watched it.

Are you really shocked by that though? I haven't looked up the stats today but I think X is pretty high when it comes to TOs and Marquette forces a ton. EDIT: He doesn't turn it over a ton himself but X averages more TO's a game than UConn and Marquette is super high on forcing TOs.

Without Freemantle and Claude and with Kunkel fouling out Marquette put a decent amount of pressure on him because they really only had to worry about him, Jones and Nunge. They were slapping at the ball and doubling/tripling a lot in the paint and posting Boum a lot. That wears on a PG over a game especially when the team is down two starters and their sixth man. EDIT and Boum played 40 minutes in total.

Yeah not a fan of that either, UConn dug it's own hole in conference play mainly with the SHU loss and the WTF game to SJU. Those were the two losses that were inexcusable, though I do wonder if Hurley would have made a difference in the SHU game (I know he's awful at end of game but then again butterflies flapping wings and all that.)

Reaction Score
Realistic. So yes, unfortunately, serious.

Why is it that people with a negative outlook always describe themselves as “realistic”? Everyone of the games remaining on the schedule is a winnable game, so suggesting that “you take 3-2 every day of the week” would more accurately be described as pessimistic.”

Reaction Score

Boum also didn't box out at the end, allowing for the follow-up tap in.

Reaction Score
Top 4 Big East teams improve to 30-0 at home.
Unfortunately it's a reminder that the Top 4 teams doesn't include UConn : (.

But that could change when including the BE tournament. In 2011, UConn finished 9th in the regular season, but IMO somewhere in the BE tournament they became the best team in the BE. The NCAA tournament results validate this on some level if not completely as the 9 of 11 BE teams that made that year didn't advance past the 2nd round and we all know what UConn did that year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nope, I watched it.

Are you really shocked by that though? I haven't looked up the stats today but I think X is pretty high when it comes to TOs and Marquette forces a ton. EDIT: He doesn't turn it over a ton himself but X averages more TO's a game than UConn and Marquette is super high on forcing TOs.

Without Freemantle and Claude and with Kunkel fouling out Marquette put a decent amount of pressure on him because they really only had to worry about him, Jones and Nunge. They were slapping at the ball and doubling/tripling a lot in the paint and posting Boum a lot. That wears on a PG over a game especially when the team is down two starters and their sixth man. EDIT and Boum played 40 minutes in total.

Yeah not a fan of that either, UConn dug it's own hole in conference play mainly with the SHU loss and the WTF game to SJU. Those were the two losses that were inexcusable, though I do wonder if Hurley would have made a difference in the SHU game (I know he's awful at end of game but then again butterflies flapping wings and all that.)
I have said this in other posts, but those two games, especially the St. John's game is like the pebble in my shoe that I can't get rid of. I would really like a win against those 2 teams considering two wash out the bad taste from those losses.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
I don’t expect 5-0. I think we lose one of PC or Nova.

I understand your caution, but frankly we should be the pick to win both of those games. Granted that both should be close and could go either way, but 5-0 is not unrealistic, given what’s left in the schedule.

Reaction Score
And lost to St. John’s at home. Wish they handed out November trophies
Well they did

1676666515608.png

Reaction Score
14-0 start #2 in country to 6th place in a league that is behind the mountain west in RPI and no matter which metric you want to use the BigEast is the 4th or 5th rated conference this year. You don’t call that amn epic fail? Or do you wanna play for December?
Do you have the internet?

Reaction Score
Is that the only confence ranking metric? There is a half dozen more, bust em out

I could go on and on, but you keep doing you

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I could go on and on, but you keep doing you

Right.

Flexing at about 4th best league seems strange? I posted a 5th or someone Navery posted a 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tmirm0279

Top Bottom