February - Other Big East Games | Page 21 | The Boneyard

February - Other Big East Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Do you have the internet?
You just quoted my post where I said 4th or 5th place and showed me a bunch other sites with us 4th. Thanks for making my point, I can show another with 5th too. lol. Like I said................... all day.

What is you thinking here? That our nose dive is justified?

Reaction Score

I could go on and on, but you keep doing you
You left out KenPom, which has the Big East 3rd, as well.

Reaction Score
You just quoted my post where I said 4th or 5th place and showed me a bunch other sites with us 4th. Thanks for making my point, I can show another with 5th too. lol. Like I said................... all day.

What is you thinking here? That our nose dive is justified?

14-0 start #2 in country to 6th place in a league that is behind the mountain west in RPI and no matter which metric you want to use the BigEast is the 4th or 5th rated conference this year. You don’t call that amn epic fail? Or do you wanna play for December?
Did you ignore the rankings I posted where they are 3? Or the Kenpom one at 3? I thought it was every metric was 4 or 5? You scoured to find one at 5, got any more? If you want to tell me you don't know what the word "every" means, fine, I can accept that from you.

You just say things to say things, just like when you said PC had a better win than UConn and you got clowned.

All day.

Reaction Score
Everyone in college basketball knows there's a pecking order in conferences:
Big 12 at the top, Big East, Big 10, and SEC in some order depending on criteria, then a drop to the next group (ACC, Pac12, AAC, and possibly WCC).

Reaction Score
Big 12 at the top, Big East, Big 10, and SEC in some order depending on criteria, then a drop to the next group (ACC, Pac12, AAC, and possibly WCC).
And the top half of the Big East can clearly compete with the Big 12, it's the bottom half that has a major discrepancy.

Reaction Score
And the top half of the Big East can clearly compete with the Big 12, it's the bottom half that has a major discrepancy.
Butler beating K State is one of the odder results at this point in the year.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
they do?
i don't get this acc harsh one bit. it's illogical.
currently, they look like 6, or 7, in the show. mebbe more.
what everyone knows is that if #9 in that league, Carolina with the same 8-7 league record as us, gives the deciders even a hint of a reason to squeeze them in, they will. once top ranked an all that. league cred.

conference rankings will be finalized after selection day. at best, our league is 5, based upon teams sent to the show. no other data necessary, tho there is time left for some acc'ers to go sideways, and some be'ers to go north, but it really doesn't seem likely that we hit 6.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You left out KenPom, which has the Big East 3rd, as well.
Unless you’d prefer to discuss a metric that doesn’t give you brownie points for beating up on bad teams.

It has UConn 32nd. Which is more aligned with our play than what KenPom has us at.

Reaction Score
Unless you’d prefer to discuss a metric that doesn’t give you brownie points for beating up on bad teams.

But that’s not how they work. No brownie points for beating up on bad teams. In fact, wins over bad teams can actually hurt your ranking. See St. John’s when they were 11-1.

Reaction Score

It has UConn 32nd. Which is more aligned with our play than what KenPom has us at.

Yea, cool, a meaningless metric that the selection committee stopped using a half decade ago and has absolutely no relevance in college basketball today.

The lengths some of you will go to discredit this team are absurd and embarrassing for so called “fans”.

caw

Reaction Score
Great win by Cooley in a close game against a mid-tier BE team at home. Not every coach can get his team up by around ten and hold off the other team when they get it to around five to win by around ten. Props to a coach who knows how to win.

Reaction Score
Great win by Cooley in a close game against a mid-tier BE team at home. Not every coach can get his team up by around ten and hold off the other team when they get it to around five to win by around ten. Props to a coach who knows how to win.
You're trying way too hard.

Reaction Score
Someone has never sat in the cheap seats in Yankee stadium back in the day.

Seriously though I’m down with shaming PC fans.
If you met him, you'd want to throw beer on him

Reaction Score
And this is why I don't root for PC. Your fans are the worst.
Get this Friar troll off our board! Talk about jealous children - check out their UConn obsession and non-stop hatred for UConn on Friar Talk Personally I love and respect Coach Cooley. Class act and glad he is in the BE. Really like their players and feel they are really really good too. Most of their fans are good folks and respect our accomplishments but there are a dozen or so that are 9 year olds.

Reaction Score
Easy to coach a team with zero Title expectations from fanbase....yeah we made a Final Four 36 years ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Get this Friar troll off our board! Talk about jealous children - check out their UConn obsession and non-stop hatred for UConn on Friar Talk Personally I love and respect Coach Cooley. Class act and glad he is in the BE. Really like their players and feel they are really really good too. Most of their fans are good folks and respect our accomplishments but there are a dozen or so that are 9 year olds.
Thank you Friarsnoop. Can’t wait until Wednesday. Now the biggest BE rivalry games.

caw

Reaction Score
Bobby Hurley to SJU or Gtown? Rumors abound.

That would be a good hire for Gtown. Huge change for SJU. They would need a complete rebuild with style. Grown doesn’t have a style so maybe an easier build.

Reaction Score
Multiple DNP-CD in a row. Twitter is buzzing about it but I can’t find a specific reason. Anybody know what’s happening over in Queens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom