OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 328 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Try Stretches on Main St. in Newington. Been written up numerous times in Courant and even NY Times. Compared to Pepe's in one article I read.
Stretches has been closed for years. The chef owner needed knee surgery and I don’t think he had medical insurance. It was unfortunate because the guy did make a very good pie. I think he learned his craft at First & Last Tavern in Hartford.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It’s one of their specialty pies. Salami sweet and hot peppers and hot honey oil plus other stuff. Never had the spooker.
Your pizza choices are awesome but come back when you’ve had the spooker. Best pizza in country . Portnoy gave verdolinis a 9.8

Reaction Score
Sally's Norwalk (not that it matters to me, its easily my least favorite of the Big 3) delayed again until 2025 Norwalk Sally's Apizza Restaurant Opening Delayed To 2025 Pretty sure it was the first expansion location announced way back in 2019. I've got not clue how SoNo Collection is even staying open, but know they've filed suit to reduce their 2023 revaluation assessment by half...
They just dropped their appeal recently...

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
What exactly is the “spooker”?
Scared Halloween GIF by kirun

Reaction Score
Going to Fouco Apizza for lunch tomorrow. Hear it’s great. Whenever I go to a new pizza place I always get a cheese pie and my favorite , some variation of a sausage, hot pepper, hot honey, whatever special they have that’s similar. Apples to apples.

Reaction Score
Going to Fouco Apizza for lunch tomorrow. Hear it’s great. Whenever I go to a new pizza place I always get a cheese pie and my favorite , some variation of a sausage, hot pepper, hot honey, whatever special they have that’s similar. Apples to apples.
Had their stuff at least a half dozen times, all excellent overall. Tomato pie is on point. I might have only gotten something with sausage once and I believe it was fine.

Reaction Score
O
Your pizza choices are awesome but come back when you’ve had the spooker. Best pizza in country . Portnoy gave verdolinis a 9.8
Spooker not on the menu early on:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3835.jpeg
    IMG_3835.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    621.3 KB · Views: 55

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Nobody's gonna answer what the "spooker" is?

I'm starting to think it's an urban myth. Somebody fess up...
I never had one. I don't know what's on the "real" Spooker, which apparently died with Verdonlini's back in 1992. But seven years ago ADub posted a photo of a menu from some joint that offered something called "Spooker".

Reaction Score
I've had pizza from their Vernon location. For eastern CT, it's not bad. Compared to the rest of the state, it's edible but not very good.

Reaction Score
I've had pizza from their Vernon location. For eastern CT, it's not bad. Compared to the rest of the state, it's edible but not very good.
For some reason they don’t know how to crisp the crust. If they could do that it would be way better. I asked them to bake it longer , doesn’t seem to work there.

Reaction Score
@superjohn can you go sniff it out and do a TikToc review for us?

Ha. I was hoping this was a new New Haven pizza place opening up out here. It was one of the two or three best thin crust places in the city but nothing like New Haven. It's in my neighborhood but I haven't had it in many years. I've basically given up eating pizza in Chicago. If someone has it at their house I'll eat some but I hardly ever go out for pizza anymore. If I do I would go to one of the deep dish places. The pizza is very bad out here.

Reaction Score
Chicago deep-dish is the BEST pizza out there!!

Have to admit, I haven't had CT style, but I have had many styles. Nothing comes close to Chitown Deep!
In my opinion it isn't even pizza. Come to Connecticut for a UConn game and then go to New Haven for real pizza.

Reaction Score
Well, being that I live in California and find it unlikely that I ever land a ticket far enough ahead of time to plan a trip, most likely I'll only get to CT if/when I visit my friend in Poughkeepsie and take a lengthy side trip.

But I have some fine NY pies when visiting there in the past and consider that the 2nd-best style I've had, and Detroit deepdish just behind that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
and Detroit deepdish just behind that.
???

Do you mean "Detroit-style"? It's square, but in no way deep dish. More like Sicilian or Grandma style in construction. You can eat it by hand.

When done well, it's very good. Looks like it would be heavy, but is surprisingly light.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom