OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 285 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Italian reataraunts? No state better than RI. I’ll die on that hill. Pizza? Nope. And it’s mystifying
I always thought North Jersey did Italian food as good/better than anywhere. Went to a hole in the wall Italian restaurant the other night in Thomaston, CT of all places that felt like I was in North Jersey. All we ordered was entrees because they're supposed to have huge portions and because of the long wait time they kept bringing out huge trays of complimentary appetizers- bruschetta, antipast, and mussels in red sauce. The entrees are enormous served in humongous wood bowls and wood boats. Their chicken Arrabbiata special and mussels in red sauce are as good as it gets and free Limoncello shots to end the meal. Tramonti restaurant in Thomaston.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The few times I've eaten on Federal Hill I was somewhat underwhelmed. There are a number of non-descript family run places in Stamford and Norwalk every bit as good.

There was however one pizza place near my son's apartment (when he lived there) that was pretty similar to many of the pretty good mom and pop places here.

Providence did however have some pretty good southeast Asian restaurants.

Reaction Score
How about north end Boston. Ate at a place there and was underwhelmed for the hype meaning thought could get better in CT without overspending. Did I go to the wrong place? No I don’t remember the name.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How about north end Boston. Ate at a place there and was underwhelmed for the hype meaning thought could get better in CT without overspending. Did I go to the wrong place? No I don’t remember the name.
Al Dente? The epitome of meh.

Reaction Score
Went to the one across from Petco Park a number of years ago. It was very good, best I'd had in SoCal, but dough was on drier side, so the whole product was a bit stiffer than a Wooster St. pizza.
Part of me has thought Basic (the place you’re referring) pre-makes some pies in anticipation of a rush. I’ve had dry pizza there too and I never went back

Reaction Score
Second it on Pasquale's if it's the one in South County Commons. My FA has an office in the Commons. We hit Pasquale's after the meets. Good calamari there too. Use to get Midway slices for lunch as I use to work close by. Dont know how old you are but back in the day we would go into town for Roxy's. It was in the armory neighborhood. Got our pasta at Ritacco's. Still go to Westerly Packing for soupy...

Reaction Score
The few times I've eaten on Federal Hill I was somewhat underwhelmed. There are a number of non-descript family run places in Stamford and Norwalk every bit as good.

There was however one pizza place near my son's apartment (when he lived there) that was pretty similar to many of the pretty good mom and pop places here.

Providence did however have some pretty good southeast Asian restaurants.
Literally dozens of solid Italian eateries at all price ranges in every neighborhood in Stamford … beyond the obvious places, such as Pellicci’s, Cafe Silvium, Columbus Park.

Reaction Score
There are very good, good, mediocre and not very good places in the North End. I guess that's always going to be the case when there are like 75+ Italian restaurants within a small area. A quick search on Yelp, TripAdvisor, Travel and Leisure, etc. is probably a good idea before going there.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I tried Jimmy's on New Haven Ave as a coin flip over Papa's while I was in Milford packing to move out from storage and set up home in Louisville.

I went with a Jimmy's Special (fresh tomato, bacon, and garlic), half red, half white. Nicely baked crust, balanced flavor, friendly people. Yet another good neighborhood pizza place.

Reaction Score
Second it on Pasquale's if it's the one in South County Commons. My FA has an office in the Commons. We hit Pasquale's after the meets. Good calamari there too. Use to get Midway slices for lunch as I use to work close by. Dont know how old you are but back in the day we would go into town for Roxy's. It was in the armory neighborhood. Got our pasta at Ritacco's. Still go to Westerly Packing for soupy...

Yep Idaho the Pasquale’s in South County Commons is solid and I agree I mentioned the same a few replies ago. And the calamari also is good especially with a couple Peroni’s.

Reaction Score
Ever have Dave Marketplace flatbread pizza on the Warwick/ East Greenwich line? Not bad

Absolutely have a Dave’s in North Kingstown as well and I had a training at a customer in town. Lunch and learn asked what they wanted me to buy they selected a few pizzas at Dave’s. That place does a nice job and all kinds of baked goods and prepared foods for sure, and the flatbreads were solid I agree, not bad at all. The place is mobbed from 11-1 with people grabbing to-go stuff.

Reaction Score
Always a pit stop on way to or home from RI Beaches. Triple Hot is the bomb!
Next time head to the back area where the commercial level containers of stuff is stored, the soupy walk in is back there which you can see into. First time I saw it, I asked out loud if this is Heaven. The kid working back there didn't miss a beat and said "no, this is Westerly." We get our fresh turkeys there for Thanksgiving. Mystic and Westerly have a mini Dave's called McQuades.

Reaction Score
Just don’t eat pizza in Boston IMO. Lived in East Cambridge for a year and in the city proper (Beacon Hill and Bay Village) for two years.

Felcaro is fine

Santarpio’s in East Boston is a trek and I remember it being just okay

Regina is fine too

Figs and Upper Crust are way overpriced

Heard Ernesto’s in the North End is good but I never suffered through the wait to get it

There’s so much seafood and international there that’s better than the best pizza the city has to offer

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yep Idaho the Pasquale’s in South County Commons is solid and I agree I mentioned the same a few replies ago. And the calamari also is good especially with a couple Peroni’s.
You hit Allie's in the North Kingston area? Last question then back on topic'. I also worked on South County Trail, so it was an easy stop.

Reaction Score
You hit Allie's in the North Kingston area? Last question then back on topic'. I also worked on South County Trail, so it was an easy stop.
This place? Some how having pizza at an animal feed store doesn't seem too enticing. :)

Reaction Score
Tops many best lists in RI. We had Gregg's cakes for internal company functions too. Lots of goodwill bringing in Allie's to work.

Reaction Score
Tops many best lists in RI. We had Gregg's cakes for internal company functions too. Lots of goodwill bringing in Allie's to work.
Gregg's chocolate layer cake is the best cake I've ever had. Made multiple trips from UConn to Rhode Island to get them for friends' birthdays during school

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom