OT: Best Pizza in CT

We've done this before....this needs to stop (or at least be saved for some June afternoon) before I have to shake my head at some misguided soul who throws out Willington Pizza....you could even narrow this down to best pizza in new haven county.

Try Stretches on Main St. in Newington. Been written up numerous times in Courant and even NY Times. Compared to Pepe's in one article I read.
Mine will be ready in 15 minutes. I ordered it, logged on to catch up on a few things and saw the thread. I'm getting the Stretch's Special with an eggplant roll on the side.

These threads are useless if you're going to go with Pepe's / Sally's / Modern. It's dumb to debate the three. If you want to add value, name a lesser known spot like Stretch's.

Bimonte's in Hamden...Actually, I haven't had apizza in CT since like 1990. Bimonte's was good, but not quite as good as Wooster St apizza. Is Bimonte's still around?

Fishy

Puncher of Throats
We've had pizza from this place called Domino's.

Not exactly sure where it is, but I think it's owned by some Italian guy or something.

I'm just kidding - if you want the best pizza in Connecticut, you just head towards New Haven. And then keep driving through New Haven and don't stop until you're in New York.

Then buy pizza anywhere, get back in the car, cross the Connecticut border and eat your pizza wherever.

My favorite pizza places: Pepes, Modern, Roseland.

Stretches is good, not great.

For a new name, that no one mentions, I really like Parma Pizza in Plainville. My favorite is the white pizza with tomato, spinach and garlic. Also like their buffalo chicken pizza.

http://www.parmapizzact.com/

Tony's Pizza in Willimantic!

Actually, I'm sure that place is long gone, but that was the family place growing up and I remember it fondly. I was 14 before I knew that pizza doesn't usually have little crustless squares in the middle.

Mine will be ready in 15 minutes. I ordered it, logged on to catch up on a few things and saw the thread. I'm getting the Stretch's Special with an eggplant roll on the side.

These threads are useless if you're going to go with Pepe's / Sally's / Modern. It's dumb to debate the three. If you want to add value, name a lesser known spot like Stretch's.
Cool, let everyone know how it was. Been there enough, so I'm obviously biased.

Bimonte's in Hamden...Actually, I haven't had apizza in CT since like 1990. Bimonte's was good, but not quite as good as Wooster St apizza. Is Bimonte's still around?
Bimonties closed a while ago...it is now Eli's pizza (where you can get a pizza for like $26).
Kim still owns mr bs in Cheshire and the pizza is better than average and priced well. I loved Bimonties when I lived across the street in Whitney towers for a year.

And if we ARE playing this and cannot use the obvious 3 (thou you couldn't pay me to go to Sally's after my many horrible experiences...I guess the pizza is good if you don't mind waiting 3 hours).... I nominate: Roseland in derby, or (poor mans modern) Paul and Eddies in Hamden

We've had pizza from this place called Domino's.

Not exactly sure where it is, but I think it's owned by some Italian guy or something.

I'm just kidding - if you want the best pizza in Connecticut, you just head towards New Haven. And then keep driving through New Haven and don't stop until you're in New York.

Then buy pizza anywhere, get back in the car, cross the Connecticut border and eat your pizza wherever.

I can attest to the fact that the reverse often happens. A lot of the friends I left behind in ny bring Pepe's back to ny with them when they're in Connecticut, even if they have to stop at the easy-on, easy-off branch in Fairfield. If someone in the office is in Connecticut and doesn't bring back Pepe's, they're in the doghouse. Passing through at 6 am is not an excuse. They are supposed to wait.

A lot of it is just a preference with crust thickness. I've always been partial to Chicago style, but get sneered at in the Northeast for saying that. I was also in St. Louis this summer and they have their own style which was hideous. It was like they tried to see if they could make something really awful in the shape of a pizza, call it pizza, and see if people would still buy it.