OT: - Best Pizza in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
There's a thread on the wcbb board discussing the USA womens olympic team tune-up trip currently going on in Italy. The subject of pizza came up in one of the young lady's home blogs. It made me start craving some of my favorite slices, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite places and pizzas in no particular order. I'd enjoy hearing and learning about suggestions from others.

1) Portsmouth Gas Light Co., Portsmouth, NH: The Mayor Foley is thin crust and done in a brick oven. They use an extra sweet tomato sauce and top it with sauteed spinach, mushrooms, caramelized onions and mozzarella cheese. It's the spinach and onions that make it!
http://www.portsmouthgaslight.com/pizza_landing.cfm

2) Too Boots, several locations in Manhattan including one downstairs in the Grand Central food court and a new location in Bridgeport, CT: The Bayou Beast is thin crust and topped with shrimp, crawfish, andouille sausage, jalapenos and mozzarella. They make a bunch of really unique and delicious pizzas, but this one is da bomb!
http://www.twoboots.com/

3) Pizza Factory, Greenwich, CT: Chicken Burrito Pizza comes thin or deep dish. I like thin and they top it with chicken, yellow cheddar cheese, black beans, sliced onions and jalapenos. The yellow cheddar is different and makes it great!
http://www.campusfood.com/restaurant.asp?campusid=390&mlid=25426

4) Sally's Apizza, New Haven, CT: Everybody knows Sally's and their Famous Fresh Tomato Pie is an absolute classic and delicious!
http://sallysapizza.com/default.aspx

Reaction Score
I've got money on Pepe's in New Haven but what do you all think?
Try Stretches on Main St. in Newington. Been written up numerous times in Courant and even NY Times. Compared to Pepe's in one article I read.

Reaction Score
We've done this before....this needs to stop (or at least be saved for some June afternoon) before I have to shake my head at some misguided soul who throws out Willington Pizza....you could even narrow this down to best pizza in new haven county.

Reaction Score
Try Stretches on Main St. in Newington. Been written up numerous times in Courant and even NY Times. Compared to Pepe's in one article I read.

Mine will be ready in 15 minutes. I ordered it, logged on to catch up on a few things and saw the thread. I'm getting the Stretch's Special with an eggplant roll on the side.

These threads are useless if you're going to go with Pepe's / Sally's / Modern. It's dumb to debate the three. If you want to add value, name a lesser known spot like Stretch's.

Reaction Score
Bimonte's in Hamden...Actually, I haven't had apizza in CT since like 1990. Bimonte's was good, but not quite as good as Wooster St apizza. Is Bimonte's still around?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We've had pizza from this place called Domino's.

Not exactly sure where it is, but I think it's owned by some Italian guy or something.

I'm just kidding - if you want the best pizza in Connecticut, you just head towards New Haven. And then keep driving through New Haven and don't stop until you're in New York.

Then buy pizza anywhere, get back in the car, cross the Connecticut border and eat your pizza wherever.

Reaction Score
My favorite pizza places: Pepes, Modern, Roseland.

Stretches is good, not great.

For a new name, that no one mentions, I really like Parma Pizza in Plainville. My favorite is the white pizza with tomato, spinach and garlic. Also like their buffalo chicken pizza.

http://www.parmapizzact.com/

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bimonte's in Hamden...Actually, I haven't had apizza in CT since like 1990. Bimonte's was good, but not quite as good as Wooster St apizza. Is Bimonte's still around?

There's a Mr. Bimonte's in Cheshire.

Reaction Score
Tony's Pizza in Willimantic!

Actually, I'm sure that place is long gone, but that was the family place growing up and I remember it fondly. I was 14 before I knew that pizza doesn't usually have little crustless squares in the middle.

Reaction Score
Mine will be ready in 15 minutes. I ordered it, logged on to catch up on a few things and saw the thread. I'm getting the Stretch's Special with an eggplant roll on the side.

These threads are useless if you're going to go with Pepe's / Sally's / Modern. It's dumb to debate the three. If you want to add value, name a lesser known spot like Stretch's.
Cool, let everyone know how it was. Been there enough, so I'm obviously biased.

Reaction Score

Bimonties closed a while ago...it is now Eli's pizza (where you can get a pizza for like $26).
Kim still owns mr bs in Cheshire and the pizza is better than average and priced well. I loved Bimonties when I lived across the street in Whitney towers for a year.

Reaction Score
And if we ARE playing this and cannot use the obvious 3 (thou you couldn't pay me to go to Sally's after my many horrible experiences...I guess the pizza is good if you don't mind waiting 3 hours).... I nominate: Roseland in derby, or (poor mans modern) Paul and Eddies in Hamden

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom