OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 326 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
The wife and I finally went to West Haven to sample Zuppardi’s and it was excellent. No wait whatsoever, walk right in and get seated immediately. We ordered a sausage, an onion and one called “all things fresh”. Sausage was fantastic, onion was delicious but the all things fresh one was a bit soggy from the fresh tomatoes.

Attachments

• IMG_5451.jpeg
    IMG_5451.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5452.jpeg
    IMG_5452.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 71
Reaction Score
The wife and I finally went to West Haven to sample Zuppardi’s and it was excellent. No wait whatsoever, walk right in and get seated immediately. We ordered a sausage, an onion and one called “all things fresh”. Sausage was fantastic, onion was delicious but the all things fresh one was a bit soggy from the fresh tomatoes.
Maybe you’re not into clams but they have by far the best white clam anywhere.

Reaction Score
Best 'za near Storrs?

So far...Pizza Mike's, Willington, Pleasant Pizza have been pretty disappointing considering I lived near New Haven until a few months ago.

Square Peg was fine--I've been to other locations. Good, happy to go again, but not blowing my mind.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you go by what I've seen on the food channels (a couple times with different shows) Zuppardis make their sausage in the restaurant and instead of stuffing sausage casings, they put it on the pies.

I will say that they are the best steel pizza oven pie that I've ever had.

Reaction Score
If you go by what I've seen on the food channels (a couple times with different shows) Zuppardis make their sausage in the restaurant and instead of stuffing sausage casings, they put it on the pies.

I will say that they are the best steel pizza oven pie that I've ever had.
Just like brick wood fired or coal fired ovens, steel pizza ovens get better with age as the masonry inserts age. The thing with Zuppardis ovens is they are quite old, I think they date to the late 1940’s, but what I’m not sure of is are they electric or gas. I could be wrong but I think they are gas.

Reaction Score
Just recently had clams so wanted to try some other options but have heard great things about their white clam pizza.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Good to see you have finally found something better than everything at Arby's.
I had Arby's that trip the day before it was better than the pizza. Nice try though

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Seeking others' opinions on meeting a friend at somewhere new to me midway between West Hartford & Westport (maybe midweek Luna in Naugatuck, because I've been to & like Fuoco & Christo's) OR for Saturday lunch at the place on Farmington Ave in Hartford's west end that was recently lauded here.

I've already hosted him at Modern and Sally's, both of which he liked.

I've got no shortage of places from across the decades that I could otherwise choose, and I'm headed back toward Kentucky later on Saturday, with an outside chance I could side trip to Utica along the way.

Reaction Score
Best 'za near Storrs?

So far...Pizza Mike's, Willington, Pleasant Pizza have been pretty disappointing considering I lived near New Haven until a few months ago.

Square Peg was fine--I've been to other locations. Good, happy to go again, but not blowing my mind.
In my opinion the best Pizza somewhat near Storrs is Mulberry St Pizza in Manchester. Yes, it's a 25-30 minute drive from campus but it's worth it. It's actually shocking to me that there isn't a really good Pizza joint closer to Storrs....

Reaction Score
Seeking others' opinions on meeting a friend at somewhere new to me midway between West Hartford & Westport (maybe midweek Luna in Naugatuck, because I've been to & like Fuoco & Christo's) OR for Saturday lunch at the place on Farmington Ave in Hartford's west end that was recently lauded here.

I've got no shortage of places from across the decades that I could otherwise choose, and I'm headed back toward Kentucky later on Saturday, with an outside chance I could side trip to Utica along the way.
Welcome back to CT Hans. Hope you're enjoying your stay here. Little Rendezvous in Meriden is just a hidden gem. I love their pizza (excellent). I think you may have been there since it's been there for ages. I would recommend that as the 1st option. No frills inside, just some tables to sit and enjoy the pizza. Some of the newer ones are Mondo in Middletown ( very good) and Zephyers in West Hartford (very good). Hope this helps in your decision process.

Reaction Score

I'm still recommending Pizza Garden in Hartford's West End - they continue to put out great pizza across their three styles and have added other menu items equally as good. Every bit as good or better than Zephyr or Savoy in West Hartford.

Reaction Score
I'm still recommending Pizza Garden in Hartford's West End - they continue to put out great pizza across their three styles and have added other menu items equally as good. Every bit as good or better than Zephyr or Savoy in West Hartford.
Can't miss with Pizza Garden. Very good option too. Nice recommendation @CTFAN4LIFE. ;)

Reaction Score
Hard for me to believe any white clam pie is better than Pepe's (pic is W. Hartford last week). Gotta try Zups!
A+B Pepes 081624.jpg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hard to really complain about either. When I ate Zupp's clam pizza, I was driving home thinking "Wow. What was THAT?" For me though, it's 1a/1aa. God bless NH abeetz.
That’s my feeling about it too. They are just different enough that you can celebrate both without feeling like you short selling one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom