OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 325 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Anyone ever had pizza from this place in Glendale, CA? Legit? Aggressive move opening one in New Haven.

Ozzy's Apizza, which opened Friday at East Rock Market on Nicoll Street, is the second location for founder Chris Wallace, who initially started the business out of his home kitchen in Los Angeles in 2021. Wallace now owns and operates Ozzy's in Glendale, California, and was inspired to open an East Coast location so he could see his Connecticut-based family more often, he said.

Alternate access:

Apizza by way of Los Angeles: Ozzy's Apizza, opened by CT natives, opens in New Haven

Thank for posting. I’ll try it this week or next.

Reaction Score
Anyone ever had pizza from this place in Glendale, CA? Legit? Aggressive move opening one in New Haven.

Ozzy's Apizza, which opened Friday at East Rock Market on Nicoll Street, is the second location for founder Chris Wallace, who initially started the business out of his home kitchen in Los Angeles in 2021. Wallace now owns and operates Ozzy's in Glendale, California, and was inspired to open an East Coast location so he could see his Connecticut-based family more often, he said.

Alternate access:

Apizza by way of Los Angeles: Ozzy's Apizza, opened by CT natives, opens in New Haven

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Not sure if it's the lighting, but that pie looks charred to point of crispy. Too charred for me and I like a lot of leopard spotting on the cornice and undercarriage.

Reaction Score
Did anyone go to the CT Pizza and Brew Fest in Bridgeport? Great event! My favorite pizza there was Grand.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I need to see the pizza it spits out.

There's no way it was "great". On it's best day, it's a DiGiorno's.

'I'll run a couple slices of a frozen $5 DiGiorno's pizza thru my air fryer, and it's pretty damn good. Better than most local places at $25 for the entire pizza. And the delivered pizza is always soggy.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Totally convinced now that AW is ai
either his account was hacked, or his infant daughter is strumming on the keyboard while he is travelling

Reaction Score
'I'll run a couple slices of a frozen $5 DiGiorno's pizza thru my air fryer, and it's pretty damn good. Better than most local places at $25 for the entire pizza. And the delivered pizza is always soggy.
I guess we didn't really need 325 pages of discourse on it then....

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I need to see the pizza it spits out.
IMG_2306.jpeg

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I guess we didn't really need 325 pages of discourse on it then....

Nah. I have very low standards.

Let others with higher standards debate their best pizza place in CT. I'll stick with ordering a party size pizza from my local shop, vacuum seal three slices at a time and stick each into my sub zero freezer.

That lasts me a couple months. The air fryer brings it back to life.

Reaction Score
Nah. I have very low standards.

Let others with higher standards debate their best pizza place in CT. I'll stick with ordering a party size pizza from my local shop, vacuum seal three slices at a time and stick each into my sub zero freezer.

That lasts me a couple months. The air fryer brings it back to life.
Ugh. Oh, Tom.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That's all that fits. Rinse, repeat at least twice.

Yup that is my air fryer experience too, and people dont realize that there is a real hidden benefit there. If you put 3 pieces in after your first 3 pieces already cooked, the second 3 are finished at pretty much the exact time your finished eating your first 3, so you get the advantage of all 6 of your slices being able to be eaten at optimal temp right out of oven.

Reaction Score
$25-$30. Run a slice of Costco pepperoni thru that air fryer even better. Even with inflation, increased wages, and costs there is less than $5 worth of ingredients in most pizzas so I do object to pizziaflation and greed by shop owners but addictions must be satisfied.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
$25-$30. Run a slice of Costco pepperoni thru that air fryer even better. Even with inflation, increased wages, and costs there is less than $5 worth of ingredients in most pizzas so I do object to pizziaflation and greed by shop owners but addictions must be satisfied.
That's probably a reasonable option in Florida. Then again, you could buy some frozen bagels, a jar of pizza sauce and a bag of shredded Italian cheese at Piggly Wiggly, air fry it and get much the same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom