OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 323 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
I miss Salerno's already. They would wait until August for the peak ripeness of the local plum tomatoes for their special pie. Pepe's is already advertising their summer fresh tomato pie when there are no tomatoes in CT yet. Great, summer pie with tomatoes from Mexico. They think people will be dumb enough to buy it, and they are right!

Reaction Score
My brother is coming to town this week. Is there a good time to go to Sally’s without waiting? Modern too?

Reaction Score
Just got back from Modern.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
20240716_134142.jpg

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score

New Haven 1929 Angelina the Pizza Queen from Splendor in the Grass.

Reaction Score

New Haven 1929 Angelina the Pizza Queen from Splendor in the Grass.

Terrific flick, I’ve often said that one mark of a truly great film is bit roles and major roles in the film played by unknowns who later became famous in their own right. Was Angelina’s last name “Pepe”? Lol. The screenplay by Inge is a masterpiece.

Reaction Score
Finally finished my NH pizza starter kit by crossing off Sally’s yesterday afternoon. Now been to Pepe, Sally’s, Modern, Bar, and Zuppardi’s but of course I’ve had plenty from some other great spots throughout SWCT

I think I heard it in this thread that, when Sally’s is having a good night, nobody does it better. And I must have caught them on a great night. Picked it up as if came out the oven and started eating in the car. Absolute nirvana. A couple bites had a little more flour than I would hope but otherwise I can’t think of any way it could have been better. I’ve only been to Sally’s, Pepe’s, and Zup one time each, whereas I’ve been to modern at least 5 times and Bar at least 4 times. I’ve also had Fuoco numerous times. I honestly couldn’t say which is best. Modern and Fuoco are definitely great and consistent. I don’t want to be disappointed if I go back to the other big spots lol but I think consistency is really the only thing you can use to separate these great pizza joints

IMG_7313.jpeg

Reaction Score
Finally finished my NH pizza starter kit by crossing off Sally’s yesterday afternoon. Now been to Pepe, Sally’s, Modern, Bar, and Zuppardi’s but of course I’ve had plenty from some other great spots throughout SWCT

I think I heard it in this thread that, when Sally’s is having a good night, nobody does it better. And I must have caught them on a great night. Picked it up as if came out the oven and started eating in the car. Absolute nirvana. A couple bites had a little more flour than I would hope but otherwise I can’t think of any way it could have been better. I’ve only been to Sally’s, Pepe’s, and Zup one time each, whereas I’ve been to modern at least 5 times and Bar at least 4 times. I’ve also had Fuoco numerous times. I honestly couldn’t say which is best. Modern and Fuoco are definitely great and consistent. I don’t want to be disappointed if I go back to the other big spots lol but I think consistency is really the only thing you can use to separate these great pizza joints

View attachment 102503
Reminds me of a tropical plant from the Amazon or Borneo. Must be the way the pepperoni curls up like that. Lol

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a tropical plant from the Amazon or Borneo. Must be the way the pepperoni curls up like that. Lol
One of the best pepperoni pizzas you’ll ever find is in San Diego at Tribute Pizza. They do a pizza with large, traditional pepperoni slices along with the smaller cupped pepperoni. If you or anyone is ever in SD and you get bored of tacos and sushi, it’s the first pizza place anyone should hit up.

That was my opportunity to make a plug for Tribute and I took it because it’s the best pizza in SD lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom