OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 289 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Is this a humble brag? Run into this guy? Glad to see more people confirm that there is perfectly good Pizza in the Boston area.

Ben Affleck Movie GIF

Could have been Lesley, I suppose. Man I used to love Armando's. Always with an extra calzone for late night after a night out.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Could have been Lesley, I suppose. Man I used to love Armando's. Always with an extra calzone for late night after a night out.
Sounds like Gumby’s in storrs. Enough weed and a 30 rack of piels and I ate the box.

August_West

Reaction Score
While I like 1, 2 and 3 on that list, no issues there, any list that has Uno's at #5 automatically makes you wonder. Pizza in Boston is no where near CT level but it's not that bad that Uno's needs to be top 5!
I always wondered. What is the preferred mayo for the cold Boston lobster roll with imitation seafood filler?

1) hellmans
2) dukes
3) cains

I’m trying to recreate this deliciousness at home and just can’t get it right

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is this a humble brag? Run into this guy? Glad to see more people confirm that there is perfectly good Pizza in the Boston area.

Ben Affleck Movie GIF
This bar is (was) in Toronto. Very few interior scenes for "Good Will Hunting" were filmed in Boston.

Reaction Score
#'s 1 & 2 had been revealed as Killer Kowalski & Big John Studd. I'm very skeptical re your claim as #3, as you are a pencil neck geek. Perhaps we can see your steel cage skills to refute my doubt?
“Around here they say geeks are a dime for a dozen- I’m looking for the guy supplying the dimes”
The great Freddie Blassie

Reaction Score
We should start a poll: which list is better….this horrific list of Best Pizzerias in America or the ESPN Top 25 College Basketball Players of the Last 25 Years? It’s quite possible that both lists would receive zero votes.

Reaction Score
What a perfect list ….

They should probably let whatever audience they have know they are ranking Neapolitan places. Those Chicago places basically suck.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What a perfect list ….

If you're reading the Robb Report, you're likely eating pizza with a fork. Or off the butt of a $2500/night hooker.

August_West

Reaction Score
If you're reading the Robb Report, you're likely eating pizza with a fork. Or off the butt of a $2500/night hooker.
Yeah I was going to say “ ooh an aristocrat”

But yours will do

Reaction Score

I just appreciate the fact that they didn’t coast on reputation or nostalgia and made a list of the true top 50 pizza spots in America. Unassailable list.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I just appreciate the fact that they didn’t coast on reputation or nostalgia and made a list of the true top 50 pizza spots in America. Unassailable list.
Is it though? IMHO, after maybe the top 10, all those Neopolitan pizzas start to blend together. I'll put up Il PIzzaiolo up the street from me against any of the bottom 40.

On a side note, I didn't know Keste was doing all Neopolitan. When Roberto had his shop in Pittsburgh, he was making "regular" pizza on a deck oven that was outstanding.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is it though? IMHO, after maybe the top 10, all those Neopolitan pizzas start to blend together. I'll put up Il PIzzaiolo up the street from me against any of the bottom 40.

I’ve never heard of half these places. I’m waiting to pick up my kid so I’m bored and trolling. It popped up on google.

(Pizzeria Sei is a couple from Tokyo, that one I do know, and their pizza is spectacular.)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I’ve never heard of half these places. I’m waiting to pick up my kid so I’m bored and trolling. It popped up on google.

(Pizzeria Sei is a couple from Tokyo, that one I do know, and their pizza is spectacular.)
Dammit. I was willing to die on that hill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom