OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 291 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ted’s? Sgt Pepps is no more after all, and Willington pizza is obviously nowhere near campus
all the pizza has always sucked around there, including Willington. Thats part of the charm. Gumby's if they were still open would win this today, and Gumby's prize was not actually poisoning you (most of the time)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

This is lazy. I don't know what it would be in Storrs now, but Pizza Shuttle is not it for Lawrence. Maybe this is best delivery to your dorm pizza or something.

@August_West my recollection about Gumby's was that it was somewhat filling. When drunk and hungry, it did the trick. But if Storrs ever had good pizza, that's news to me.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
This is lazy. I don't know what it would be in Storrs now, but Pizza Shuttle is not it for Lawrence. Maybe this is best delivery to your dorm pizza or something.

@August_West my recollection about Gumby's was that it was somewhat filling. When drunk and hungry, it did the trick. But if Storrs ever had good pizza, that's news to me.

um thats my point

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Saw this tweet and it made me think. For as proud as CT residents are of our pizza culture and culinary mastery, why do our flagship university pizza options rival something you’d find in a sadder pizza state? One of our elite Pizzerias should open a location in Storrs, it’s not like college students wouldn’t buy it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
um thats my point
You said not poisoning, I said "filling" (while also not poisoning). But I wasn't trying to argue with you anyway, I was agreeing with you. How on earth have they not opened a Pepe's or Sally's or whatever at UConn by now?

Reaction Score
all the pizza has always sucked around there, including Willington. Thats part of the charm. Gumby's if they were still open would win this today, and Gumby's prize was not actually poisoning you (most of the time)
Well yeah obviously, objectively, it all sucks. But if there’s a best of Storrs, and Pepps is gone, what’s the call? A chain like Blaze isn’t allowed. Honestly, the Student Union pizza may have been the best when I was there

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You said not poisoning, I said "filling" (while also not poisoning). But I wasn't trying to argue with you anyway, I was agreeing with you. How on earth have they not opened a Pepe's or Sally's or whatever at UConn by now?

Because college kids dont care about that stuff. I didn't and you didn't. They may like it but they cant afford that stuff. (30 dollar thin crust larges) They want to get drunk and stuffed for cheap on conveyor belt carbs. Same as it ever was. And besides College kids the surrounding towns can't support it either. That's why Manchester exists. :) Willimantic actually has a couple "passable" pizza places (although I think one recently closed) so even then........

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Because college kids dont care about that stuff. I didn't and you didn't. They may like it but they cant afford that stuff. (30 dollar thin crust larges) They want to get drunk and stuffed for cheap on conveyor belt carbs. Same as it ever was. And besides College kids the surrounding towns can't support it either. That's why Manchester exists. :) Willimantic actually has a couple "passable" pizza places (although I think one recently closed) so even then........
Yes, you're right. I was thinking more about parents and visitors to the school. To showcase what the state has. I also ate the 3 for $2 hot dogs at UConn (was that Wawa?).

While Lawrence has some nice pizza places because it has actual residents with money, I recall that as starving law students we would go to "Godfather's Pizza" buffet for all you can eat. Awful stuff. Pizza Hut would be a huge upgrade.

Reaction Score
Pepps was good drunk but I pretty much only got pepperoni bread iykyk
Student Union was the actual best option but obviously only until like 8
Ted’s was fine, had more topping options and such

That’s all the pizza I ate at UConn. Never got Husky pizza, which I don’t think exists anymore. Willington was fine.

Reaction Score

Great to see that Antonio’s is still the pizza of choice in downtown Amherst 28 years after I went to grad school at UMass. Of course, if I walked in there now, other customers would look at me very differently.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a Wooster Street Pizza place in Storrs Center at one point? I know it's not there any more. It was pretty good. Much better than anything else still around campus.
Yea if I recall it was right next to DP Dough

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Sgt Pep's was the best. DP Dough got all the hype (and is good in itself), but give me the Sgt Pep's calzone 100 times out of 100. The pizza was above average too
There was a spot in South Campus that was open after all the dining halls were closed , I think it closed 2006 timeframe, that made better calzones than DP Dough and you could use your meal plan. Shame it closed.

I always found Sgt. Pep's needed a little more cooking once you got it, but I thought they were the best on campus as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll tellya, kids today. Back in my day, we had Paul's Pizza. Hands down worst pie on the planet. The bottom was always burnt black (no, not char) and the "cheese" was akin to napalm. But on weekends, we were lucky to have it!

Paul's in Storrs or Paul's in Vernon?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom