WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
They can have him. If he even once considered them over Uconn then let him go.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Who knows, but if there is any truth to the thing going around The Boneyard about his father wanting a guaranteed average number of shots per game, then that would be a deal breaker for me. He could be awesome or not, but we can't have that kind of handshake deal. Tremont's Dad may be overplaying his hand badly for his son. There was talk he might decide before his graduation this weekend, so perhaps it will end soon (thankfully).

He could be great at UConn, but it seems that ship may have sailed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don't know many schools where he could just go in an get the keys from day one. This is Jalen's team and it would do wonders for Waters to come in get a ton of minutes and not worry about leading a team. He can learn and run it next year with Gilbert and Vital

Reaction Score
I would flip this around on you and say "There's a reason why there's a lot of speculation and BS being made up on this kid". People (including you) are inferring that this kid has baggage because he has been tight lipped about his recruitment. He's actually handling himself with class, unlike all these other kids tweeting ridiculous BS and trying to get followers and create a buzz. Recruiting gurus and insiders like to know what's going on. So what happens when they don't know what's going on? They start assuming there are issues and things going on behind the scenes. Duke, Kentucky and Kansas passed on the kid because they value guards with SIZE and if they can get a 6'3" point guard with equivalent skills to Waters they will take them over the 5' 9" point guard every day.

Everyone needs to stop pretending they have all kinds of insider info on this kid when they've got nothing. Stop making assumptions that have no facts to support them. There's still a very good chance this kid ends up at UConn and you guys will all be eating crow.
You are proof that people can convince themselves of anything.

Reaction Score
KO better start going after guys that can shoot - if the team can't put the ball in the basket nothing else matters.

Which is why I wish he was going after Cormac Ryan. But I suppose it's possible the kid never had interest in us as he seems to be looking at top academic schools.

Reaction Score
Who knows, but if there is any truth to the thing going around The Boneyard about his father wanting a guaranteed average number of shots per game, then that would be a deal breaker for me. He could be awesome or not, but we can't have that kind of handshake deal. Tremont's Dad may be overplaying his hand badly for his son. There was talk he might decide before his graduation this weekend, so perhaps it will end soon (thankfully).

He could be great at UConn, but it seems that ship may have sailed.
Please can someone confirm if that is true? Because if KO took a kid on that basis that would seal the deal for me of getting rid of our coach. Does not sound real.

Reaction Score

Zags is in the know and calls it a circus. You cant spin this recruitment its insane

Reaction Score
You are proof that people can convince themselves of anything.

You are so far off on this one. He is much closer to the truth. You have made a raft of faulty assumptions.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Svi Mykailiuk is returning to Kansas. Even if they had interest, that's all but out the window now. No more room.

Reaction Score
Don't fall for it.

The recruiting "gurus" are just upset because they are not getting any info from suspect sources.
Idk i've never seen a recruitment like this. I know the kid and he's a good kid so im not talking about his character. But his process has indeed been a circus

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We need talent. He is talented.

We haven't beaten anyone but New Mexico for a recruit in ages and most of the better kids send KO straight to voice mail.

If Waters wants to come here, we say yes even if his dad is Ghengis Khan.

Reaction Score
You are so far off on this one. He is much closer to the truth. You have made a raft of faulty assumptions.
We will see how off I am. And if I recall, you have reminded us all countless times that Tremont has options. So what gives? Either I am not that far off or you are contradicting yourself.

Reaction Score
We will see how off I am. And if I recall, you have reminded us all countless times that Tremont has options. So what gives? Either I am not that far off or you are contradicting yourself.

How am I contradicting myself?

And, I wrote that 3 times over several weeks after not saying anything since the decommitment.

Reaction Score
Idk i've never seen a recruitment like this. I know the kid and he's a good kid so im not talking about his character. But his process has indeed been a circus

What process are you speaking of?

I have seen nothing printed anywhere about his process. There is a lot of speculation but absolutely nothing from him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We have more to offer than the other schools offering him even considering us being in the AAC and last season. There are a ton of minutes this year and the keys next year. We play in the PK90 this year, Cuse at the garden, Nova TBD, @ Zona, plus games on espn and CBS. UConn is still strong nationally but dipped after last season. Get him here and we go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom