WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So bizarre. Why aren't we making a hard push? Are we truly not interested in a top 40 guard from our own state?

Reaction Score
So bizarre. Why aren't we making a hard push? Are we truly not interested in a top 40 guard from our own state?
I believe some of the more connected posters seemed to imply he wasn't interested.

Reaction Score
just because nobody tweeted it doesn't mean it's not happening

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I guess he wants to have the keys from day 1. With Adams here (and Gilbert) he wouldn't ...

I believe some of the more connected posters seemed to imply he wasn't interested.

Reaction Score
He wouldn't have the keys at WKU either. With Lamonte Bearden, Jordan Brangers, Josh Anderson, and Virginia grad transfer Darius Thompson the back court is already stacked.

This report goes counter to everything I am hearing out of WKU's end. Western is still hanging around...they never completely severed ties a few weeks ago. But I just do not see Waters to WKU happening.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Well he did always want to play for Kentucky. He just needs to overlook the Western part. When people ask him where he plays, he can say, "western Kentucky."

Reaction Score
Hope he has a nice basketball career because that WKU degree is worth about as much as the Tyler Phommachanh I wiped by ass with earlier.

This is a beyond ignorant statement. The WKU honors college has produced more Fulbright scholars the last several years than a few ivy league schools.

Reaction Score
An alleged text from a coach to Jeff Goodman seems to be the source here:

I was going to post this tweet but you beat me to it. Bad sign for us with Waters.

Reaction Score
An alleged text from a coach to Jeff Goodman seems to be the source here:

Goodman is trolling here. He knows Stansbury is sleazy and he is poking fun at the fact he is paying these recruits substantial $$$.

Reaction Score
If a local kid wants to go to Horsemeal University, why does it mean so much here?

Every young person thinks differently, some even like the idea of a challenge (putting a Univ. on the map). I recall a school in Storrs was once a relatively run of the mill basketball school, until a recruit or two (with Coach) came along.

As for WKU its got a cute campus, he may just like the school.

Reaction Score
If a local kid wants to go to Horsemeal University, why does it mean so much here?

Every young person thinks differently, some even like the idea of a challenge (putting a Univ. on the map). I recall a school in Storrs was once a relatively run of the mill basketball school, until a recruit or two (with Coach) came along.

As for WKU its got a cute campus, he may just like the school.

263_0_Western-Kentucky-University.jpg
This is assuming he has ever stepped foot on the campus.

Reaction Score
This is a beyond ignorant statement. The WKU honors college has produced more Fulbright scholars the last several years than a few ivy league schools.

I love hardo defenses of directional schools - "Southeast Texas has a more highly regarded agricultural sciences program than Yale!" - so I checked on the numbers for last year and that doesn't appear to be remotely true.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are a few smart people who matriculate to WKU. But the admission rate is over 90%. As a whole, not exactly attracting the best and brightest.

Reaction Score
JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA 15m 15 minutes ago
Class of 2017 PG Tremont Waters is still seriously considering Western Kentucky, source tells @DefPenHoops. Decision expected in next week.

JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA 9m 9 minutes ago
It's hard to gauge a legitimate understanding of which other schools are in the mix, but many close to Waters are hoping he'll choose UConn.

JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA 8m 8 minutes ago
Among the schools that have expressed an interest in bringing Waters aboard this month: UConn, Western Kentucky, Creighton and Georgetown.

JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA 2m 2 minutes ago
Teammates, classmates and even some family members are (not quietly) hoping for CT's Waters to choose UConn. Should know in the coming days.

JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA
Waters graduates from high school this weekend... Sounds like he's hoping to make his announcement before then. A top PG left in 2017 class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom