WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm sure there are a few smart people who matriculate to WKU. But the admission rate is over 90%. As a whole, not exactly attracting the best and brightest.
The kid's father solicited an offer from Yale early on just to prove his scholarly intent. It would be a bizarre choice. I guess last week's head fake towards Kansas isn't panning out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This is a beyond ignorant statement. The WKU honors college has produced more Fulbright scholars the last several years than a few ivy league schools.
Forgive him - the poster's not a UConn Fulbright
BUT, overall - I would wager that UConn may be rated a bit higher than WKU

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are a few smart people who matriculate to WKU. But the admission rate is over 90%. As a whole, not exactly attracting the best and brightest.

WKU main campus is actually closer to 72% admission rate. However WKU runs and operates a community college that is called South Campus by the locals. Those students that have lower admission standards must do at least 1 year on south campus before they can attend classes on main campus. This causes WKU's admission percentage to be inflated. A lot of people wish WKU would get rid of South Campus for that perception purpose alone. However, it is a big money maker for WKU since students pay the same ammount per semester as students on main campus. So it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

UConn is a higher rated school not doubt. Just saying that WKU isn't some school as some think it is.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA 2m 2 minutes ago
Teammates, classmates and even some family members are (not quietly) hoping for CT's Waters to choose UConn. Should know in the coming days.

If he chooses not to attend UConn - this would be the exact opposite of the St John's pick -up this past weekend
Family may lose out on this one

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
JD Shaw‏ @JShawNBA 2m 2 minutes ago
Teammates, classmates and even some family members are (not quietly) hoping for CT's Waters to choose UConn. Should know in the coming days.

If he chooses not to attend UConn - this would be the exact opposite of the St John's pick -up this past weekend
Family may lose out on this one

If only we could combine the mindset of Wilson and the family of Tremont... We'd have a commitment and a lot less hassle!

Reaction Score
Verbal commits has them at 16 I think (hard to tell, so many red shirted players). @WKUTops24 what's the current scholarship situation?

Well our leading scorer and rebounder from last season is going football this fall and will walk-on to basketball after the bowl game. He has NFL aspirations as a tight end and he will most likely succeed there at 6'7 240. So that takes one away. We had a transfer out. Right Now WKU is sitting at 14 scholarship players with likelyhood of Kansas grad-transfer Dwight Coleby coming in as well. This would put us at 15. Rumors that 1 or 2 players have the grades to go on academic scholarship to free up a couple spots.

Reaction Score
The JshawNBA guy, sont know how credible he is but he is followed by some legit reporters so who knows

Reaction Score
I promise to not get on Ollie's case if/when Tremont picks WKU or somewhere else. This one has never made much sense from Waters perspective.

Reaction Score
WKU main campus is actually closer to 72% admission rate. However WKU runs and operates a community college that is called South Campus by the locals. Those students that have lower admission standards must do at least 1 year on south campus before they can attend classes on main campus. This causes WKU's admission percentage to be inflated. A lot of people wish WKU would get rid of South Campus for that perception purpose alone. However, it is a big money maker for WKU since students pay the same ammount per semester as students on main campus. So it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

UConn is a higher rated school not doubt. Just saying that WKU isn't some **** school as some think it is.
Interesting. Thank you for the information. I'm sorry for calling a WKU degree the equivalent of poopy toilet paper. I take that back.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
you beat m e by a few seconds.... about to post it.

Wasn't it established that the Shaw guy is just a high schooler anyway? Unless he's the next Alex Kline, I highly doubt he's plugged in well enough to know much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom