WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If we're lukewarm on the father influence, it's obviously because of recent history.

Thing is, with these types of sports parents, if he is (just going on his rep), it usually doesn't matter the specifics. The situation could seem to be tailor made for the kid to take advantage of, and the parent generally finds things to take issue with. If it's not shots it's minutes then it's who he's playing with ...

Again, not saying that's the case, but if it is, I understand the gun shy feeling.

Reaction Score
My feelings on Tremont haven't changed. Would love to have him but we have bigger needs: a 2/3 who can shoot and a talented big who can rebound. We may already have both on our roster for next season.
Right now we have 2 1/2 PGs Tremont would make 3 1/2.

Reaction Score
Intr

i tried to stay away, but just can't

Tremont, we get it... You thought Cal, Coach K, Kansas, or Roy Williams would hand you the keys and let you run the show for the next two years before becoming a lottery pick

And I thought I'd marry Eva Mendez and start the next Facebook

Come to UConn with a massive chip on your shoulder, work hard and earn your place in the banners. Show those programs what they missed on while playing in front of friends and fam

Dummy. If you married Eva Mendez why would you have the time to start the next Facebook?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dumb post. I know you are an "insider" but most of the stuff said about this kid and his father are far from reality. This is not an AO type situation and you posting stuff like this doesn't help anything in terms of Waters deciding to come to UConn.

If anything like this would have any effect on his decision, he's probably not the kind of guy we are looking for.

Reaction Score
You have to think that at some point he and his father start to get anxious.....

Reaction Score
NCAA rules prohibit that so that can't be true. Think about the can of worms that would open if it were allowed.

I looked it up and you are correct. NCAA bylaw 15.02.6 is the rule.

Either way I see slim to no chance on WKU getting Waters. If WKU does get Kansas forward Coleby as a transfer then 1 kid on the team will likely either be paying his own way as a walk-on or we will lose another player to transfer since we are at the scholarship limit already.

Reaction Score
And tremont wouldnt have the "problems" Vance had here. Our offense is tailor made for tremonts skill set (see shabazz napier)
I thought Vance was good for us but I hear you. Our offense is tailor made for point guards who can break people down and shoot. Tremont has a lot of Bazz in his game.

Reaction Score
My feelings on Tremont haven't changed. Would love to have him but we have bigger needs: a 2/3 who can shoot and a talented big who can rebound. We may already have both on our roster for next season.
Right now we have 2 1/2 PGs Tremont would make 3 1/2.
We need good players, Waters is a really good player. Not only would he be really good for us this season but he would make it one less stud we have to recruit for the following season.

Reaction Score
I know what you're saying but do you really think we're in a position to turn away top talent? Oriakhi was a huge part of us winning a National Championship.
its not the talent we are turning away from, it's the baggage. There is no talent in the world that is worth it if you know the baggage will eventually come back to hurt you.

Reaction Score
its not the talent we are turning away from, it's the baggage. There is no talent in the world that is worth it if you know the baggage will eventually come back to hurt you.
I'm obviously aware of what Zionn is saying but we aren't in any sort of a position to turn away top level talent.

He brought up Oriakhi, no way in hell do we win a Big East Championship and a National Championship without him. I also feel Vance is being a little unfairly bashed on this board.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Come on. It's not like the kid has recurring f@#$k-ups or things like that. He's got an involved father, reportedly is a smart kid, and is taking his time making his decision. Let's not blow it out of proportion.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm obviously aware of what Zionn is saying but we aren't in any sort of a position to turn away top level talent.

He brought up Oriakhi, no way in hell do we win a Big East Championship and a National Championship without him. I also feel Vance is being a little unfairly bashed on this board.

FWIW, I'd take freshman Oriakhi on next years team in a heartbeat, known baggage and all. Vance too of course. Vance gets bashed because he (mostly his father) made the most stink of all the players that left. Strange cause he likely would have gotten the most burn of any of those guys too.

Reaction Score
Come on. It's not like the kid has recurring f@#$k-ups or things like that. He's got an involved father, reportedly is a smart kid, and is taking his time making his decision. Let's not blow it out of proportion.
There is a reason that a top 30 kid is still available and it has nothing to do with taking time to make a decision. I'd agree with you if it was that easy. It is not.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure we want him if he doesn't really want to be here. Didn't we just go through a roster purge of guys who weren't all in with the program?

I wouldn't quite go that far -- I would still take him in a heartbeat.

Still, it's discouraging that even if he comes here, it will be only grudgingly.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
There is a reason that a top 30 kid is still available and it has nothing to do with taking time to make a decision. I'd agree with you if it was that easy. It is not.
I see an APR drop in our future.

Reaction Score

I would flip this around on you and say "There's a reason why there's a lot of speculation and BS being made up on this kid". People (including you) are inferring that this kid has baggage because he has been tight lipped about his recruitment. He's actually handling himself with class, unlike all these other kids tweeting ridiculous BS and trying to get followers and create a buzz. Recruiting gurus and insiders like to know what's going on. So what happens when they don't know what's going on? They start assuming there are issues and things going on behind the scenes. Duke, Kentucky and Kansas passed on the kid because they value guards with SIZE and if they can get a 6'3" point guard with equivalent skills to Waters they will take them over the 5' 9" point guard every day.

Everyone needs to stop pretending they have all kinds of insider info on this kid when they've got nothing. Stop making assumptions that have no facts to support them. There's still a very good chance this kid ends up at UConn and you guys will all be eating crow.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I would flip this around on you and say "There's a reason why there's a lot of speculation and BS being made up on this kid". People (including you) are inferring that this kid has baggage because he has been tight lipped about his recruitment. He's actually handling himself with class, unlike all these other kids tweeting ridiculous BS and trying to get followers and create a buzz. Recruiting gurus and insiders like to know what's going on. So what happens when they don't know what's going on? They start assuming there are issues and things going on behind the scenes. Duke, Kentucky and Kansas passed on the kid because they value guards with SIZE and if they can get a 6'3" point guard with equivalent skills to Waters they will take them over the 5' 9" point guard every day.

Everyone needs to stop pretending they have all kinds of insider info on this kid when they've got nothing. Stop making assumptions that have no facts to support them. There's still a very good chance this kid ends up at UConn and you guys will all be eating crow.
amen amen amen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32