WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What process are you speaking of?

I have seen nothing printed anywhere about his process. There is a lot of speculation but absolutely nothing from him.
A lot of the information thats been leaked has been strategically leaked by the waters "camp". These rumors from credible sources arent coming from nowhere.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
after we wade through all the BS out there and on here - basically, what are his choices?
UConn and Gtown?
cmon Dad make up our minds
don't let KO go to voicemail or whatever BS kick Fish is now on

Reaction Score
A lot of the information thats been leaked has been strategically leaked by the waters "camp". These rumors from credible sources arent coming from nowhere.

OK, first I've heard someone saying that WKU is the school they chose to stir things up. If anything, it is the reverse.

Reaction Score
OK, first I've heard someone saying that WKU is the school they chose to stir things up. If anything, it is the reverse.
Not necessarily talking about the wku rumors but more so the recent kansas rumors and the earlier UConn, and creighton rumors

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last night I posted this in another thread:

"Gotta be honest.

Reading new "2017 Recruting: XXXXXXX" threads daily about complete unknown players is damaging my liver."

The corollary to that is:

Reading new " Tremont Waters XXXXX Recruiting XXX DecisionXXXC_nfir__edXXX damages my liver too".

Reaction Score
We need talent. He is talented.

We haven't beaten anyone but New Mexico for a recruit in ages and most of the better kids send KO straight to voice mail.

If Waters wants to come here, we say yes even if his dad is Ghengis Khan.

We could use some Ghengis Khan around the program these days.

Guy was ruthless. And he knew how to win. Something the staff could learn a thing or two about...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Being a star athlete on the campus of an SEC school is the best education a young man can get, I'd imagine.

Clay Travis on Fox Sports Radio had a segment a few months ago how being an SEC QB is the best life anyone can imagine, save 13 days a year.

Reaction Score
3 crystal balls now for LSU

They have 2 point guards on their roster next year:

Patterson who will be a rising senior and from his stats looks pretty bad.
Mays who will be a rising sophomore looks pretty good.

Not sure if Waters would be a Day 1 take the keys player in that scenario given a bad senior and decent sophomore in the fold but who knows.

I also forgot Will Wade is the coach now so the culture there is probably changing drastically from when Simmons was there.

Oh and I forgot the last part, at least according to Verbal Commits they have no scholarships left.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Two homegrown top-30 players in the state over the past two years and they end up in Alabama and Louisiana? Great.

It would be a pretty impressive get for Will Wade, though - LSU hasn't had a guy who could actually coach for a while.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh and I forgot the last part, at least according to Verbal Commits they have no scholarships left.

I don't think an SEC school would have a problem suggesting out of the blue that one of their lesser players "explore their options."

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I give you recruiting guys a lot of credit, I would have blown my brains out by now.

I'm with you, CT. I purposely never pay any attention to recruiting threads, or recruiting in general, for that matter. What's the use in getting psyched about players when most of them are ultimately going someplace else? What I'm doing here on p. 3 of this thread is inexplicable. I guess it's a reflection of how desperate we've become for some good news.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Yep - I think Maurice Williamson was on the LSU team UConn beat in '91. He didn't do much there - there were academic issues or something. He's coaching basketball in New Haven, I think.

His uncle did play at URI.

John "Hot Plate" Williams also went to LSU, so perhaps that's the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom