WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 8 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would love for him to go to LSU - as someone who recently spent a year in Baton Rouge - 2 miles from LSU it is Hell on Earth. Being 18 and going from one of the best educated rich states to the dumbest poor violent states will be such a culture shock.

394.jpg

Reaction Score
John Williams was a really, really good player. Had the Magic Johnson thing going on. I read Tark's book and there's basically a chapter about how good he was and how sketchy his recruitment was. A lot of $$ changed hands. Williams was going to be a star before he ate everything. I loved watching him with the Pacers at the end of his career when he was weighing well over 300lbs. He could barely move, but every once in a while he'd do something amazing.

Are we talking about Jonathan "Hot Rod" Williams or Jonathan "Hot Plate" Williams. Because I thought the nickname Hot Plate came from the weight gain by Tulane's Williams?

Note to self -- why can I remember all this and not to do the errand my wife asked me to do this morning?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Are we talking about Jonathan "Hot Rod" Williams or Jonathan "Hot Plate" Williams. Because I thought the nickname Hot Plate came from the weight gain by Tulane's Williams?

Note to self -- why can I remember all this and not to do the errand my wife asked me to do this morning?

You're right - Hot Plate was at Tulane.

They called him Hot Plate as a play off of Hot Rod.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

And by they, you mean Pete Vescey.

Reaction Score

You guys have it mixed up.

As Boog's link above shows, Hot Plate was at LSU. And Hot Rod was at Tulane.

Reaction Score
You guys have it mixed up.

As Boog's link above shows, Hot Plate was at LSU. And Hot Rod was at Tulane.

That's my point. LSU's "Hot Plate" Williams was an absolute beat inside, but he would never have reminded anyone of Magic Johnson. It was Tulane's Hot Rod Williams who played like Magic and then in the NBA.

Reaction Score
That's my point. LSU's "Hot Plate" Williams was an absolute beat inside, but he would never have reminded anyone of Magic Johnson. It was Tulane's Hot Rod Williams who played like Magic and then in the NBA.

Before Hot Plate blew up in size, he was actually incredible with the ball. Not like Magic Johnson, but certainly great dribbler and incredibly nimble.

Reaction Score
Lsu's Hot Plate was a point forward type in a time when that was very rare. With the bullets, he played a decent amount of PG. Hot rod was a 6th man behind brad Daugherty and Larry nance for the Cavs. A very good player, but hot plate had crazy talent.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I remember calling Tremont and his dad "bums" last year here, got a lot of flak for it, probably rightly so, but how do people feel about him now?

That being said, UConn's success is priority number 1 over our egos and pride, so if he wants in for a year before transfering to Greener Grass U then I don't care, sign him up.
Not sure if bum is a proper adjective for his Dad and the rest who are guiding him through this process but being basically stupid is not the way to go through life never mind recruitment. The decision these folks have made have left me speechless - talking about working/painting yourself into a corner.
I don't want the kid for 1 year - makes no sense - his most productive years start at sophomore at UConn. To me, he is a minimum 3 year guy - wherever he chooses to go

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I remember calling Tremont and his dad "bums" last year here, got a lot of flak for it, probably rightly so, but how do people feel about him now?

That being said, UConn's success is priority number 1 over our egos and pride, so if he wants in for a year before transfering to Greener Grass U then I don't care, sign him up.

One, I'd separate between Tremont and his Dad. His dad is running his recruitment, so that's who I'd put it on. Yeah, he could tell his dad to f#$%k off, but it doesn't strike me as that kind of family unit.

Two, 'bum' is a bit strong. Difficult, overplaying-his-hand, or maybe even a little foolish would be more apropos.

jmo worth the price charged.

Reaction Score
Suddenly the Boneyard thinks LSU popped up out of the blue. It was down to UConn and WKU apparently, then LSU came in with an "offer." It couldn't be that there were a lot more schools involved all along (10+).

Reaction Score
Suddenly the Boneyard thinks LSU popped up out of the blue. It was down to UConn and WKU apparently, then LSU came in with an "offer." It couldn't be that there were a lot more schools involved all along (10+).
Can you name the 10+ teams?

Reaction Score
Can you name the 10+ teams?

No I can't. I can only name a few in addition to UConn/Georgetown. Hall and Maryland I was told and 10 more. Didn't know about LSU.

Reaction Score
No I can't. I can only name a few in addition to UConn/Georgetown. Hall and Maryland I was told and 10 more. Didn't know about LSU.
I knew about Hall but they are done point guard recruiting. They passed on Grad transfer Geno Thorpe once they got Jordan Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom