WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 9 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I knew about Hall but they are done point guard recruiting. They passed on Grad transfer Geno Thorpe once they got Jordan Walker.

I don't want to bother the people I know by asking for updates. These aren't UConn people. They just told me after the decommit that he had a substantial number of offers. For some reason, his recruitment has taken on a life of its own in the media and blogosphere, while the kid has been largely silent.

Reaction Score
Tremont is at the point of considering schools that he has never talked to before May 1 or stepped foot on campus. Speaking of campus visits, has he even been to UConn lately? Sort of odd since he lives 45 mins away and supposedly has us in his top 4. Get real guys. He is not coming to UConn.

Reaction Score
Tremont is at the point of considering schools that he has never talked to before May 1 or stepped foot on campus. Speaking of campus visits, has he even been to UConn lately? Sort of odd since he lives 45 mins away and supposedly has us in his top 4. Get real guys. He is not coming to UConn.

He's probably been here a thousand times already; no need to come back. But I agree there is little chance he comes here. If we are going to get really, real... Why would he? I think the kid is really talented but he'd be coming into a situation with an all-american caliber point guard, a McD AA point guard, and two other experienced guards on the depth chart. If his whole bag is to be the guy, then we are definitely not the right school for him. Would love for him to be here, obviously, but...

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
He's probably been here a thousand times already; no need to come back. But I agree there is little chance he comes here. If we are going to get really, real... Why would he? I think the kid is really talented but he'd be coming into a situation with an all-american caliber point guard, a McD AA point guard, and two other experienced guards on the depth chart. If his whole bag is to be the guy, then we are definitely not the right school for him. Would love for him to be here, obviously, but...

I don't buy this. What is he supposed to say? "I want to just kind of chill out and let other guys run the show."This is what PGs do. I don't put much stock into those comments.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
You can look at it both ways. I could see why he would thing the back-court is too crowded. I can also see how he'd think it'd be fun to play with JA, AG, and TL at the same time. Get a rebounder like MD in there and that's a fun team to play with. Then once JA leaves, he and AG would be running the show for the next 3 years.

Reaction Score
I don't buy this. What is he supposed to say? "I want to just kind of chill out and let other guys run the show."This is what PGs do. I don't put much stock into those comments.

I must be missing your point... This is obviously a kid (and pops) who want him to be the man; and given his talent and rep, maybe he should have the ball in his hands on the right team. If he comes to us, he's going to share time at PG, SG. It's Jalen's team. If we believe previous info, he would not want to be a secondary piece. Whether is rational or not is irrelevant. His waiting out Duke, Kentucky, Kansas etc illustrates to me that he wants exposure. Depth chart alone, he may not get that here. I hope I'm 100% wrong. I think his game is perfect for us and given his CT roots, would be a great story in helping to bring us back to the glory days.

Reaction Score
Please stop following the crystal balls. The only time it has value in 98% of the time is when a kid announces his announcement date.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Please stop following the crystal balls. The only time it has value in 98% of the time is when a kid announces his announcement date.

Thank you. I found it funny that the only articles written about Tremont to LSU was an LSU writer who cited the... wait for it... crystal ball predictions as evidence that it might happen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He used to camp at UConn back in the day, but I don't think he's been to campus for any kind of recruiting visit in a few years.

I would agree....that is not a good sign.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

One of the smartest things 247 ever did was those crystal balls. Mean nothing, cost nothing... But man do they move the needle.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
I know this is the MBB board, but I wish UConn offered Nico Ragaini for football. Pretty sure if he didnt verbal so early for lacrosse, that he would have multiple football offers. I hear he's going to Avon Old farms first. His HUDL highlights are amazing and are against the best teams in CT.
I believe he's going to Cornell for lacrosse.

Reaction Score
I know this is the MBB board, but I wish UConn offered Nico Ragaini for football. Pretty sure if he didnt verbal so early for lacrosse, that he would have multiple football offers. I hear he's going to Avon Old farms first. His HUDL highlights are amazing and are against the best teams in CT.
I believe he's going to Cornell for lacrosse.

Partial credit for both:

>>Ragaini made a verbal commitment to play lacrosse at Cornell but has since entertained the idea to continue his football career. Depending on which school he eventually chooses, Ragaini may be able to play both football and lacrosse. “He may end up at a prep school,” Marcucci said. “He’s under-recruited. He has several Division I-AA offers — Fordham, New Hampshire, Army, Maine, and some Ivy League teams are interested for football. He’s still undecided. He’s a Division I football player. He’s not 6-foot-3, he didn’t go to all these combines and camps but, to me, he’s a Division I football player.”<<

>>Ragaini, who is also an honors student and member of the National and Spanish Honor Societies, will attend Avon Old Farms this Fall for a post-graduate year, with the plan to matriculate at Cornell in the fall of 2018 to play lacrosse.<<

Reaction Score
He used to camp at UConn back in the day, but I don't think he's been to campus for any kind of recruiting visit in a few years.

I would agree....that is not a good sign.

He thinks UConn is beneath him.

View his recruitment through that lens and every action makes sense.

Reaction Score
One of the smartest things 247 ever did was those crystal balls. Mean nothing, cost nothing... But man do they move the needle.

I disagree that they mean nothing. People who are close to sources of info make predictions, based on something. Whether it is based on hard knowledge or something much less like a gut feeling, they are still close to the process and putting their reputations on the line for each selection they make.

They are what they are, not to be taken as gospel of course.

Reaction Score
I am say it if you all want......been hinting at it for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom