WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 11 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have fought a lot of strange, pointless battles on this board, and this may be the strangest and most pointless.

What is the point that you have tried so hard for weeks to distinguish yourself from others here? That he has options that neither you nor anyone else here knew about? That's your certain fact?

Ok. Cool. Let's go back to deflategate.

OK. Go on believing the kid was desperate and had no outlets. That he desperately misplayed his hand. That he can't believe he is now down to LSU, and that his whole recruitment badly misfired. That somehow his family is haughty and arrogant, and that they got what they deserved in the end.

Apparently, you guys can believe these things, but I'm the one that is somehow off.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
OK. Go on believing the kid was desperate and had no outlets. That he desperately misplayed his hand. That he can't believe he is now down to LSU, and that his whole recruitment badly misfired. That somehow his family is haughty and arrogant, and that they got what they deserved in the end.

Apparently, you guys can believe these things, but I'm the one that is somehow off.
Ah, no. That's not my narrative either. The only thing that remains clear to me is that he wants a starring role from day 1 and/or a top blue blood program, and we offer neither so he is keeping us on ice until he sees whether he can obtain one or the other.

I just thing it's strange to see you beating your chest for weeks to proclaim that you have inside information that he has other options but you don't know what those options are.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
If the kids afraid to be on a team with a little competition than he's doomed from the start.to be the man, you gotta beat the man. He wants it given to him. Honestly even if he chooses uconn he better prove every day he was worth this crap.and his daddy needs to go sit down.

Reaction Score
Ah, no. That's not my narrative either. The only thing that remains clear to me is that he wants a starring role from day 1 and/or a top blue blood program, and we offer neither so he is keeping us on ice until he sees whether he can obtain one or the other.

I just thing it's strange to see you beating your chest for weeks to proclaim that you have inside information that he has other options but you don't know what those options are.

You do realize that I was responding to a post with that narrative, right? You interjected. Read the post I responded to.

Reaction Score
If there are no injuries we have enough guards, and we are happy with their quality, right? How many minutes would he play year 1? 15

Reaction Score
You do realize that I was responding to a post with that narrative, right? You interjected. Read the post I responded to.
Can we agree that he wants major minutes and initially wanted an offer from one of the big boys. He now has options but none are plan A,B or C. I'm surprised that he didn't resign with GTown. He'd get plenty of playing time, be at a good school academically, and be in a league where his family could attend many games.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes, but your point amounts to taking the field against UConn and WKU, which imo does not warrant a radical attitude.

The kid has options. We get it. But unless you know what they are--and you've admitted you don't--I don't get the confrontational attitude.

The one thing I think we are all clear on is that UConn is not his preferred option and, for good reason, that will never sit well here.

pj

Reaction Score
He doesn't want to go to UConn. He doesn't have to get into the details beyond that.

Of course. But that doesn't prevent us from discussing. I would hope he would explain his reasons to Ollie afterward.

Reaction Score
Yes, but your point amounts to taking the field against UConn and WKU, which imo does not warrant a radical attitude.

The kid has options. We get it. But unless you know what they are--and you've admitted you don't--I don't get the confrontational attitude.

The one thing I think we are all clear on is that UConn is not his preferred option and, for good reason, that will never sit well here.

No, I've named schools. You can find it in several of my posts. In fact, if he goes to LSU, he'll go over offers from places like Maryland, which desperately needs him for lack of enough guards.

Many on this board have developed narratives about how desperate he is, which are little more than fantasies, and they run with them to the point where the kid and his father are disparaged--when everyone that comes into contact with him talks about how good a kid he is, and nothing bad is said about the father.

This whole vein on this board has been embarrassing, and really amounts to butthurt fans spinning fantasies. This is not a good look at all for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
Can we agree that he wants major minutes and initially wanted an offer from one of the big boys. He now has options but none are plan A,B or C. I'm surprised that he didn't resign with GTown. He'd get plenty of playing time, be at a good school academically, and be in a league where his family could attend many games.

Without a doubt he wanted an offer from Duke. But he was never out of good options.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No, I've named schools. You can find it in several of my posts. In fact, if he goes to LSU, he'll go over offers from places like Maryland, which desperately needs him for lack of enough guards.

Many on this board have developed narratives about how desperate he is, which are little more than fantasies, and they run with them to the point where the kid and his father are disparaged--when everyone that comes into contact with him talks about how good a kid he is, and nothing bad is said about the father.

This whole vein on this board has been embarrassing, and really amounts to butthurt fans spinning fantasies. This is not a good look at all for UConn fans.
I think you're reaching. You never said anything about LSU and you said there are over ten other schools and you don't know most of them.

People here are frustrated because a top CT player is obviously using us as a backup while he tries to get a better deal. Period. Can't blame him. Can't blame us. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
I think you're reaching. You never said anything about LSU and you said there are over ten other schools and you don't know most of them.

People here are frustrated because a top CT player is obviously using us as a backup while he tries to get a better deal. Period. Can't blame him. Can't blame us. It is what it is.

This is an example of people thinking that anonymous, unsourced statements on the internet are worthy of parsing and using as a base for theories. "Using us as a backup?" I'll bite. What has the young man or his real team said about using UConn as a backup or at all? We have no reason to believe that any contact happened since his G'Town decommitment other than someone on either side asking the other if there was still interest.

The kid who used us was the Diallo (or whatever his name was) kid. There is adequate reason to believe that he had told the staff he was coming here. Theories that this young man has given the staff any encouragement at any time are totally made up.

Reaction Score
I believe he.has more options than some of you seem to think. Watch the surprise when he commits. Doesn't matter if we are his 5th or 10th choice I would welcome him with open arms for sure and dad could come along for the ride.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is an example of people thinking that anonymous, unsourced statements on the internet are worthy of parsing and using as a base for theories. "Using us as a backup?" I'll bite. What has the young man or his real team said about using UConn as a backup or at all? We have no reason to believe that any contact happened since his G'Town decommitment other than someone on either side asking the other if there was still interest.

The kid who used us was the Diallo (or whatever his name was) kid. There is adequate reason to believe that he had told the staff he was coming here. Theories that this young man has given the staff any encouragement at any time are totally made up.
I'm not saying he has given anyone on our staff reason to be encouraged, although some of the insiders here thought there were encouraging signs recently.

What I am saying is that it is clear he knows he has an open invitation here and we are among the options he has. It is also clear that we are far from his preferred option, or else he would have committed and not still be weighing other offers. I guess you are saying perhaps we're not an option he's even considering at all. I suppose that's possible, too. No one seems to be rushing to confirm that from either side, either.

Reaction Score

Look, I wrote to dispel the notion he was desperate and that now his arrogance had caused him to run out of options, and end up at a nowhere school like LSU. That's it. As to what I was told, I didn't get into it, ask for a list, anything like that. Just a couple schools and then told there are many more. I didn't even bother asking who he was favoring.

But again, there is no reason to disparage the kid just because he isn't choosing UConn.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I agree 100% these are just kids. 17 to 18 years old... we all should just say best of luck if they pick a different School except Kentucky

Or Duke or UNC.

Or Michigan St.

Any combination of those 4 facing off...I'm rooting for the giant meteor.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
hoes - the southern belle type
miley-cyrus-unplugged-southern-belle-photo.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
He would be the 3rd,4th,or even 5th best guard in 17-18
That's not enough reason?
I guess. Competitors like competition. UConn has a great tradition of playing two or three guards successfully. Waters seems talented enough to take advantage of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom