WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters | Page 12 | The Boneyard

WKU making a "hard push" for Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think you're reaching. You never said anything about LSU and you said there are over ten other schools and you don't know most of them.

People here are frustrated because a top CT player is obviously using us as a backup while he tries to get a better deal. Period. Can't blame him. Can't blame us. It is what it is.
Kids taking forever to commit smacks of spoiled entitlement. They know that whatever they decide, they have to give something up, and there's no guarantee that they are making the right decision. Who is anyone to tell them they can't have their cake and eat it, too? Kids who haven't decided at this point tend to like the attention and don't want the responsibility that comes with making a decision, so they ride it out as far as they can. Of course, sometimes there really are extenuating circumstances and the kid is just trying to play his hand the best he can. But overall, this de-commit, transfer snow is something you don't want in a player.

Reaction Score
Kids taking forever to commit smacks of spoiled entitlement.

I disagree. Liking the attention? The kid has literally said nothing about his recruitment, save for some soundbites when he was surrounded by media at the Jordan Classic. This does not strike me as a sign of entitlement. All speculation is just that, and is based on anonymous sources.

He is not making announcements of his announcement dates or releasing top 20 and then top 10 and then top 5 and then top 3 lists. He isn't posting edits of himself in every uniform of a team that offers on his instagram page. I like how this kid has handled his recruitment. I wish it went a different way but I have no problem with him taking his time to determine his best option, now that his preferred schools do not appear to want him. He handled his initial commitment to Georgetown is an extremely normal and reasonable manner and I am not going to hold it against him that his coach was fired. @upstater has not surprisingly been very redundant but I do agree with him, and I can't blame him for repeating himself over and over again when people still do not get it.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kids taking forever to commit smacks of spoiled entitlement.
Yes, taking as much time as you feel is necessary with a decision that potentially millions of dollars & the future comfort for literally generations of your family rests upon "smacks of spoiled entitlement."

He should make his decision faster and with less forethought in order to soothe the jangling nerves of certain message-board denizens, whose demands certainly don't smack of crazy-assed spoiled entitlement. "Make your decision on OUR schedule, not your own!"... yes, it's clearly the kid who's entitled.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Honestly, I can't for the life of me understand the way this board becomes obsessed with certain recruits. As was pointed out above, Waters has said virtually nothing about his recruitment, and literally nothing to indicate any desire to done national flag blue. So sit back and observe, and see what happens, preferably with the beverage of your choice in hand.

And relax, we've got three very solid guards for next year who know the system, and a grad transfer who hits game-winners.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Mich st?

1) 2009. Still bitter.

2) they're a bunch of thugs who play thug ball and get away with it. Teams should be shooting at least 40-50 fts per game against them.

Things like draymond crushing a st Louis defender in the face with an elbow or Gary Harris punching Napier and neither getting even the lower level penalty was just embarrassing.

Absolutely hate them.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Let's not forget Walton trying to act all Brodie and start a fight at that 09 FF and then running like a bitch when adrien accepted his challenge

Again preferential treatment of no tech for the jackass trying to incite a root

Reaction Score
No one disparages the kid. Its the kids camp, handlers, father, etc that warrant any sort of backlash. Its why people are more harsh on Vance Jackson than Juwan Durham. It has nothing to do with the kid. But if the dad tweets, or goes on TV, or creates an absolute circus with his sons recruitment, they absolutely deserve what they get. And yes, they absolutely settled for LSU because of lack of options. Truth is, he wanted blue blood and it was never reciprocated. LSU has to sting. LSU is not how the Waters camp expected this to play out. Do they even play on national tv?

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
LSU is just a bad decision. Baton Rouge is horrible.

Reaction Score
No one disparages the kid. Its the kids camp, handlers, father, etc that warrant any sort of backlash. Its why people are more harsh on Vance Jackson than Juwan Durham. It has nothing to do with the kid. But if the dad tweets, or goes on TV, or creates an absolute circus with his sons recruitment, they absolutely deserve what they get. And yes, they absolutely settled for LSU because of lack of options. Truth is, he wanted blue blood and it was never reciprocated. LSU has to sting. LSU is not how the Waters camp expected this to play out. Do they even play on national tv?

Considering that the dad hasn't tweeted, hasn't went on TV and hasn't created a circus, I recommend you try again.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes, taking as much time as you feel is necessary with a decision that potentially millions of dollars & the future comfort for literally generations of your family rests upon "smacks of spoiled entitlement."

He should make his decision faster and with less forethought in order to soothe the jangling nerves of certain message-board denizens, whose demands certainly don't smack of crazy-assed spoiled entitlement. "Make your decision on OUR schedule, not your own!"... yes, it's clearly the kid who's entitled.

To add to that, he made his decision quickly enough one time already, and that didn't work out for him. He said himself he'd pay more attention to the stability of the coaching situation next time.

Reaction Score

I wasn't referencing Waters directly. I'm sure he's a good kid. I was alluding to the growing overall trend of de-committing/transferring. Players, overall, (not referencing any specific player), should give more value to sticking with the commitments they make for a school, the team, and the coach, in that order. And no, they don't owe anything to the general fan base, particularly a quick decision. And while acknowledging that none of the people in these kids' ears are always primarily concerned with the best interest of the kid, the player that will turn his back on a commitment that he made, for reasons that are becoming more and more trivial, should be looked at through a magnifying glass because it may always be more about him than about team, and that kid will end up being a net loss for the program, no matter what his talent level is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I wasn't referencing Waters directly. I'm sure he's a good kid. I was alluding to the growing overall trend of de-committing/transferring. Players, overall, (not referencing any specific player), should give more value to sticking with the commitments they make for a school, the team, and the coach, in that order. And no, they don't owe anything to the general fan base, particularly a quick decision. And while acknowledging that none of the people in these kids' ears are always primarily concerned with the best interest of the kid, the player that will turn his back on a commitment that he made, for reasons that are becoming more and more trivial, should be looked at through a magnifying glass because it may always be more about him than about team, and that kid will end up being a net loss for the program, no matter what his talent level is.

Yeah, that's basically horse crap.

Khalid El-Amin decommitted from Minnesota. Ryan Boatright decommitted from USC and West Virginia. Charlie Villanueva decommitted from Illinois. Christian Vital decommitted from UNLV.

Reaction Score

Khalid El-Amin decommitted from Minnesota. Ryan Boatright decommitted from USC and West Virginia. Charlie Villanueva decommitted from Illinois. Christian Vital decommitted from UNLV.

Speaking of El-Amin, his son isn't looking so bad anymore :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Considering that the dad hasn't tweeted, hasn't went on TV and hasn't created a circus, I recommend you try again.
The Dad tweeting was a Vance Sr reference, the guy on TV was a Lavar Ball reference, and only a few on here don't view the Tremont recruitment as a circus. Everyone else does but I forgot how some on the Boneyard love to play the moral police. You can continue to look the other way, but that's just because you have no idea what you are looking away from.

Reaction Score
The Dad tweeting was a Vance Sr reference, the guy on TV was a Lavar Ball reference, and only a few on here don't view the Tremont recruitment as a circus. Everyone else does but I forgot how some on the Boneyard love to play the moral police. You can continue to look the other way, but that's just because you have no idea what you are looking away from.
The only reason the Tremont recruitment is a "circus" is because people don't know what to do when a top recruit is quiet with his recruitment, so they're forced to create their own headlines

Reaction Score
I said there are exceptions of course. Would you agree at least that it's getting a little out of hand these days?

Reaction Score
The only reason the Tremont recruitment is a "circus" is because people don't know what to do when a top recruit is quiet with his recruitment, so they're forced to create their own headlines
There's more to it than that. He's an elite recruit and a great student, who had made it clear he wanted to go to a high-quality program and receive a high-quality education, but is genuinely considering Western Kentucky and maybe LSU.

Reaction Score
There's more to it than that. He's an elite recruit and a great student, who had made it clear he wanted to go to a high-quality program and receive a high-quality education, but is genuinely considering Western Kentucky and maybe LSU.
That's kind of my point, it seems like every time someone comes out with a report he's considering WKU there's another report 10 minutes later that it was never an option.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but I can't recall Tremont ever mentioning WKU as an option. Although with all the reports it's hard to remember what things were quotes from him so correct me if I'm wrong

Reaction Score
That's kind of my point, it seems like every time someone comes out with a report he's considering WKU there's another report 10 minutes later that it was never an option.

Maybe I'm forgetting something but I can't recall Tremont ever mentioning WKU as an option. Although with all the reports it's hard to remember what things were quotes from him so correct me if I'm wrong
When asked about who was recruiting him at the Jordan Brand weekend he mentioned WKU and Creighton as newcomers he was considering.

Reaction Score
When asked about who was recruiting him at the Jordan Brand weekend he mentioned WKU and Creighton as newcomers he was considering.
You're right, I do remember that now, thanks

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Yea that's it, absolute bull's eye. What an incredible display of awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom