Vance is Transferring | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
there needs to be a way to block the players and their familes from coming into this vile dungeon

Funny thing is that Vance and his father are reading this right now. Hi Guys! Good luck wherever you go. Enjoy the bench all season. Had to throw that in there. Bye

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
there needs to be a way to block the players and their familes from coming into this vile dungeon

+1. Impossible to do, but would be the best idea ever. Although, over the years, we've had a few good relatives posting.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Thanks.

I've heard & liked the suggestion to limit worry to 30 minutes a day, set aside time specifically for the worry by putting it into the calendar, and when the appointment comes up take a nap instead.
I advise my kids that there are two things in life you should never worry about --

the things you can control...

and the things you can't control.

Good advice for this board, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has anyone left UConn and done better for themselves? Most of you people know more than I do so I am interested in your answer

Reaction Score
I think it's about KO.....or a rap lyric.....

He's probably thinking " are you kidding me I just did my senior year with a couple of guys that had a foot out the door"

Its possible that they made these decisions after the end of season meeting with coaches, but it's not probable. Typically it's not a two week process where you fall out of love.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Has anyone left UConn and done better for themselves? Most of you people know more than I do so I am interested in your answer
Curtis Kelly sat for a year and did better at K State.

Reaction Score
To be honest, Vance wasn't a very good shooter. Apparently, if you read the "knowledge" that some of these posters spout, that was his calling card. Either you can shoot or you can't; Vance's numerous air balls and bricks that he hoisted this year supports the claim that he can't. He's the definition of a JAG. Or maybe a quality practice player. No real loss.

Reaction Score
To be honest, Vance wasn't a very good shooter. Apparently, if you read the "knowledge" that some of these posters spout, that was his calling card. Either you can shoot or you can't; Vance's numerous air balls and bricks that he hoisted this year supports the claim that he can't.

I thought I would be able to stop defending this point now that Vance has announced he is leaving. Vance led the entire conference in 3 point shooting percentage! As a freshman! And "shooters" notoriously struggle with their shot in their initial year. Vance's limited athleticism was always going to hold him back on defense but he is a skilled player who is an excellent shooter.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Well, we were all calling for a shakeup and now we got it.
To recap
-We've replaced Glen Miller (wish him all the best) with frickin Raphael Chillious.
-We've lost Jackson and Enoch, who are both very replaceable players.

Now I'm not saying I'm happy those guys are leaving, obviously we all wished they stayed. But now we've got 3 scholarships to play with and a handful of players who Chillious had recruited at Washington who are reopening their recruitment. AND the usual grad transfer market.

It's March 28. The 2016-17 season isn't even over yet. There's plenty of time and a decent number of options for us to fill out this roster.
You can't convince me the sky is falling.
We got a shakeup, it hurts, but I'm optimistic about the future.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

upload_2017-3-28_21-28-40.jpeg

Reaction Score
To be honest, Vance wasn't a very good shooter. Apparently, if you read the "knowledge" that some of these posters spout, that was his calling card. Either you can shoot or you can't; Vance's numerous air balls and bricks that he hoisted this year supports the claim that he can't. He's the definition of a JAG. Or maybe a quality practice player. No real loss.
He literally was the best shooter in the entire conference

Reaction Score
Define better. No one helped their stock in terms of pro potential. Kids usually transfer due to a lack of playing time. Typically, there is a good reason for that.

Reaction Score
I thought I would be able to stop defending this point now that Vance has announced he is leaving. Vance led the entire conference in 3 point shooting percentage! As a freshman! And "shooters" notoriously struggle with their shot in their initial year. Vance's limited athleticism was always going to hold him back on defense but he is a skilled player who is an excellent shooter.
Vance's lack of athleticism hurt him offensively as well. He can't create off the dribble. On a good team, Vance sees 15-18 mins tops. He is a rotational player. I could easily project that his best year will be this past year due to forced playing time. I don't see how him leaving(or Enoch) greatly impacts next year. I think this sky is falling mentality shows more than anything how bad this team really is.

Reaction Score

My reaction to his transferring is "F Vance and his sh!&+#€@d dad, but this take is factually wrong.

Reaction Score
Vance started to come around as a shooter after a slow start, 40% from deep as a freshman is impressive. He just had some really bad misses too often that you don't see from a pure shooter. Bricks and airballs, etc. I wouldn't call him a pure shooter (take a look at that 67% FT clip) but he's certainly a threat.

Reaction Score
He literally was the best shooter in the entire conference

It's true - he lead the conference in 3-point fg percentage. He also missed waaaayyy too many open jumpers at key points of games...shots that, if scored, could have helped change the outcome. A good shooter knocks those shots down. He's not a good shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom