Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
1 starter - by default transferred and one back up transferred
No one knows what may be coming in
Do you want dissatisfied players on the bench
I/you have no idea that either VJ or SE were going to start next year - in fact VJ minutes were bound to decrease
Neither showed the ability to be good defenders but VJ could shoot - at times
I just don't get what the father said he didn't like how he was/is being used. Does he think he should be a 2???

VJ Sr thinks his son should be a PG. 6'8 PGs always get drafted. Next Magic Johnson hahaha

Reaction Score
So you're saying adding two grad transfers to a team that didn't even go to the tournament is a good recipe in general?
Well, sure.

Junior Adams > Sophomore Adams
Gilbert >> Freshman Vital
Larrier >> VJ
MAL >> Freshman Vital
Cobb = Enoch (at least)

There'll be issues inside, but the backcourt will be improved.

Provided there are no more transfers, I'd say

Sophomore Vital > Freshman Vital
Sophomore Durham >> Freshman Vital

We also have the possibility of new guys coming in from UW. Maybe from IU. We aren't done yet.

So, I think a grad transfer on the wing and a post grad transfer would probably make us pretty darn good.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
We just had our worst season in 30 years, fired a long time assistant coach, had two likely starters transfer, but hang on, if one more guy leaves, then I'll start to wonder if there is a problem.

Time for UConn fans to wake up.

Something isn't right in Storrs and the buck stops with Ollie.
UConn fans are still drunk on 2014 title buzz. Once that dies off in a few more years of miserable performance maybe people will start asking questions. Maybe.

But then again they'd just be acting like a bunch of #Chicken Littles.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Going to be tough to integrate all tbese new pieces (hopefully their are new pieces) and win.
I know we can say 2011 but that was Kemba.
Pressure is on KO bigtime.
Jalen Adams is the next Kemba.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
UConn fans are still drunk on 2014 title buzz. Once that dies off in a few more years of miserable performance maybe people will start asking questions. Maybe.

you act like it's been a smooth transition for Ollie and the university since '13... and im not talking wins and losses

Reaction Score
Look people need to stop freaking out. If this is the case - that' Vance's worried about Vance and Vance's Dad is trying to pull swings, then him leaving is dodging a bullet.

Bottom line is that while VJ is probably going to be a good player, he's not the only good player out there. In fact - there are waaaaay too many good college basketball players out there for a program like UConn to be putting up with that stuff.

If you can't tell by the players' reactions to this - then it should tell you everything you need to know. Adios. Dropping kids/situations like that makes you worse. Their talent's irrelevant.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Everyone chill out! Let's stop freaking out before the chicken littles like @Stairmaster see a headline and then overreact.

Overreact? Why would I? This program is officially dead - Kevin Ollie threw it into a blazing inferno with his failure to utilize Enoch and Jackson correctly, as well as his head-scratching decision to replace Glen Miller. There's nothing left to react about - all you chicken little folks were so right. I'm just coming here to send a few goodbye PMs before migrating over to another team's board. I'm thinking maybe URI?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Overreact? Why would I? This program is officially dead - Kevin Ollie threw it into a blazing inferno with his failure to utilize Enoch and Jackson correctly, as well as his head-scratching decision to replace Glen Miller. There's nothing left to react about - all you chicken little folks were so right. I'm just coming here to send a few goodbye PMs before migrating over to another team's board. I'm thinking maybe URI?
How dare you belittle the chicken littles.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
This was kind of known for a while. Vance is a good kid and a nice player but Vance Sr. thinks he's the next Lamar Odom.
Maybe he is in one way. ;) And I don't mean marrying the ugly Kardashian sister....

Reaction Score

Been saying this for 3 years.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It's more of being an absolute condescending doosh any chance you get in the face of a clear and developing pattern over a short timeline.

All so you can perpetuate this ongoing charade that YOU are the most level headed person on this board. NOTHING rattles you, you never react to anything so therefore you are not affected by anything. You are the ultimate zen monk, shaken by none.

Then when it turns out you were wrong... you double down.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You're right, they have enough crashing down on them already.
If the rumors are correct, then more negative news will come out soon. And you can predict the reaction.

Now four things can happen in the future. The ship quickly turns around and we get back to elite status. The ship slowly turns around and we improve but not elite. We stay about the same. Or we become BCU and Rutgers.

Now since none of us know which future happens I'm leaving the panic to the chicken littles. I don't like wasting my panic on the unknown.

Reaction Score

Bye.

Reaction Score
If the rumors are correct, then more negative news will come out soon. And you can predict the reaction.

Now four things can happen in the future. The ship quickly turns around and we get back to elite status. The ship slowly turns around and we improve but not elite. We stay about the same. Or we become BCU and Rutgers.

Now since none of us know which future happens I'm leaving the panic to the chicken littles. I don't like wasting my panic on the unknown.
Well according to OZ the transfer nightmare is over

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Care to dissect?

That quote is the definition of insanity. Trying the same thing over and over and hoping for different results. That's KO's plan too. It's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom