Vance is Transferring | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joe D. just announced at least 1 more leaving tomorrow. The defections are going to have recruits backing out of their commitment for next year, watch! Uconn sports are over, sad day.

Reaction Score
This is the most accurate post I've seen. Ollie needs to start recruiting the "right" kind of kids. JC was a master at getting recruits who could be solid contributors for 3-4 years and more importantly had the right attitude.
Recruiting the Right Kind of Guys, RKG, was Bob Diaco's philosophy. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
The grad transfer route plugs an immediate hole but can create chemistry issues in subsequent years. Aside from the injuries, one issue with this year's team was it was essentially seniors and first year guys. Gibbs and Miller for one year, coupled with Dham unexpectedly leaving and Lubin being jettisoned out of town left no bridge whatsoever that is so crucial to building chemistry and cohesion.
Tough to imagine a team who takes grad transfers ever making a deep run

Jordan Mathews transfers to Gonzaga

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20170328-173836.png
Vance tweeted and quickly deleted this. I'm assuming he's referring to the disastrous thread of replies to his announcement tweet

Reaction Score
Joe D. just announced at least 1 more leaving tomorrow. The defections are going to have recruits backing out of their commitment for next year, watch! Uconn sports are over, sad day.
"At least" oy vey!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I liked the way he progressed but lets face it, his father was always going to be a problem. Now that he sprung his kid loose he's trying to appear to be more moderate. Good luck to Vance. I hope he can learn to make his own way in this world.

Reaction Score
As far as Rodney's "love" tweets I remember he and Vance had a few disagreements coming off the court, Rodney seemed unhappy with his effort and not listening. Also said to my brother numerous times when KO would get into VJ a little it was going in one ear and out the other. He wanted his points to make dad happy but there wasn't a ton of effort on the other end.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Three words: Terry Larrier. next. I'll miss the 3s and he seems like a nice kid but his dad is a pain in the a.

You trolling? No way he's sitting another year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm saying Terry Larrier next as in we have Terry Larrier, next to Vance's Dad.

Yeah. Happy to have him. Wish he hadn't just missed two years of hoop and needed ACL surgery. That's the loss here. We needed depth at that spot. At the moment, it's probably Vital, or maybe Polley.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Man, I'm too late to the party to read the full thread. A couple of thoughts:

1. The writing has been on the wall since early in the season when Poppa J was throwing Twitter shade at Ollie.

2. If this is the sum total of losses I'm okay with it. I had high hopes for Enoch but he was struggling. VJ had his moments, but it's tough to be 10 toes in when your Dad is openly crictical of your coach. I'm glad Jackson's departure was classy. I wish Steve and him well.

Reaction Score
Man, I'm too late to the party to read the full thread. A couple of thoughts:

1. The writing has been on the wall since early in the season when Poppa J was throwing Twitter shade at Ollie.

2. If this is the sum total of losses I'm okay with it. I had high hopes for Enoch but he was struggling. VJ had his moments, but it's tough to be 10 toes in when your Dad is openly crictical of your coach. I'm glad Jackson's departure was classy. I wish Steve and him well.
To your point 2, I suggest you don't read the rest of the thread. Because all signs point to this just being the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom