Vance is Transferring | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Agreed. Our fans are delusional and minimize every red flag that happens. We are in steep, steep decline and need to recognize that. Ollie got a pass because of injuries this year, but obviously there are much deeper problems than just the physical health of the team.
At first glance, losing VJ from a pure talent perspective isn't the end of the world. He's good player, but surely not irreplaceable. However, coming off the current season and after SE transferring, it appears something may be amiss in Storrs. Certainly VJ was going to see plenty of playing time next year with or without Larrier. If his dad is as crazy as some popped are inferring then maybe it's for the best. But right now this stings and just gives off negative connotations left and right.

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting closely, are there any non-JuCo or grad transfers that we're in good standing with? I'm talking regular HS kids who can be four-year players?
No more grad transfers. The way to build a sustainable program is to get guys from the start, and figure out a way to develop them and keep them in your program.

They're too far away from being good to worry about grad transfers. I want those minutes to go to 3- or 4-year players instead.

Reaction Score
This is a bad loss, there's no other way to look at this. Kid had size, versatility and got major experience this year. I was looking forward to him
and CV as invaluable 4 year program guys.

So this now is successive years of Cali kids leaving the program early, so much for KO's reach there. Does anyone have specifics on the extension KO allegedly signed prior to last season? This is getting very concerning and can't continue.
One winter in Storrs will do it to the Cali guys

Reaction Score
Ollie was a decent assistant coach. He clearly is in over his head as a head coach. In three years, the program has been set back to about where it was during the Perno era. I know many of you won't like this post, but the program is an absolute mess right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No more grad transfers. The way to build a sustainable program is to get guys from the start, and figure out a way to develop them and keep them in your program.

They're too far away from being good to worry about grad transfers. I want those minutes to go to 3- or 4-year players instead.

Well two of those 3-4 year players just bailed. More could. Somebody has to put on the uniform. We can't go through another season with 6-7 scholarship players. At least the transfers stick it out.

Reaction Score

I agree with you but if they end up losing any more of what was last year's freshman class they might not have a choice, not too much left out there of freshman players to scoop up at this point.

Reaction Score
Ollie was a decent assistant coach. He clearly is in over his head as a head coach. In three years, the program has been set back to about where it was during the Perno era. I know many of you won't like this post, but the program is an absolute mess right now.

Perno era, except with a banner hanging from the rafters.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Maybe just have a stiff drink or, if you've got it, Xanax.

Reaction Score
Before we claim that the program is finished,why don't we wait and see who Ollie brings in to replace these kids and coaches leaving?? Ok
Tick Tock, Tick Tock..........

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
What skills didn't Ollie feature? This guy is more delusional than LaVar Ball

That Sr. quote sounds me centered instead of us centered. Inherently conflicted with a team oriented program
that has the reputation of making "NBA ready" players. Of course you would have to actually submit to the coach and program to do that.

Reaction Score
I just saw Rodney Purvis post a snapchat story of Terry on the treadmill with the trainer with positive vibes in there... i don't think rodney has caused this.

Reaction Score
As a relatively new head coach KO's spidey sense for future trouble recruits may not be honed yet.

I saw an interview with Geno the other day and he said if an overly engaged parent asks him to promise playing time then UConn is out the door. Again, comparing women's recruiting and men's recruiting is not necessarily equal but the point is an experienced coach knows the warning signs.

How do you become a Head Coach with 10 years of coaching and recruiting experience? Coach ten years. KO will get there if he lasts that long but it seems to me KO is not recruiting the "right" players even if they have the right rankings.

Reaction Score

The grad transfer route plugs an immediate hole but can create chemistry issues in subsequent years. Aside from the injuries, one issue with this year's team was it was essentially seniors and first year guys. Gibbs and Miller for one year, coupled with Dham unexpectedly leaving and Lubin being jettisoned out of town left no bridge whatsoever that is so crucial to building chemistry and cohesion.

Reaction Score
CiQY0T.gif

Reaction Score
Why was it expected? I guess I'm "not in the know", but seems unwise when there is plenty of minutes to go around.
Rumbings about it for a long time. Vance Sr. thinks Vance is a lot better than he really is. He thinks he's an elite point forward talent and wants him to be given the keys. Vance was given a lot more minutes this year than he would have otherwise and Ollie wanted him in his most useful position for our system as a stretch 4. Vance is a good player and nice kid but it wasn't going to work out with what they were looking for. As one of Ollie's most vocal critics during this season, this is the first time I have felt good about the direction of things in many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom