Vance is Transferring | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it seems to me KO is not recruiting the "right" players even if they have the right rankings.

This is an apt way to describe it.

He brought in Hamilton, who was highly rated and had a ton of skill, but was a wet blanket in terms of toughness and leadership, and had no interest in staying here a minute longer than he had to.

Facey was top 100, but showed nothing for 3 years before finally emerging for half a year as a senior.

Enoch was top 100, but showed nothing in 2 years and then bailed as soon as he was actually in line for playing time.

Jackson was top 70, actually showed some talent, but had no interest in being here.

That's the majority of KO's top recruits that were big-time whiffs in either talent, toughness, or commitment.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Three words: Terry Larrier. next. I'll miss the 3s and he seems like a nice kid but his dad is a pain in the a.

Reaction Score
Rumbings about it for a long time. Vance Sr. thinks Vance is a lot better than he really is. He thinks he's an elite point forward talent and wants him to be given the keys. Vance was given a lot more minutes this year than he would have otherwise and Ollie wanted him in his most useful position for our system as a stretch 4. Vance is a good player and nice kid but it wasn't going to work out with what they were looking for. As one of Ollie's most vocal critics during this season, this is the first time I have felt good about the direction of things in many months.

Methinks that the random "impartial" poster who turned up this year to only talk about Vance and how he dominates in practice and should be a point forward and has the best offensive skillset on the team was Vance's father.

Reaction Score
Vance Sr's a loud mouth. Jr, well listen to dad and see how that works for you! LOL

I'm not sure if anyone heard Geno talk about Collier and her 1,001 points and how she doesn't realize she gave up 1400 defensively? It was an exaggeration obviously a Geno ploy. Well if KO wanted to say "Vance made quite an impressive improvement on his offense this year but anyone he guarded scored twice as much" it wold be accurate.

You know what, the door - next!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Three words: Terry Larrier. next. I'll miss the 3s and he seems like a nice kid but his dad is a pain in the a.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

Somebodies pissed purvo off. Lmao. Tweets this right after vance transfers. Hmmmm maybe some player in-house fighting is causing this and not ollie

That's kinda how I just read it right now when I saw that last tweet. Maybe the fake love was between some of the players?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Vance Sr's a loud mouth. Jr, well listen to dad and see how that works for you! LOL

I'm not sure if anyone heard Geno talk about Collier and her 1,001 points and how she doesn't realize she gave up 1400 defensively? It was an exaggeration obviously a Geno ply. Well if KO wanted to say "Vance made quite an impressive improvement on his offense this year but anyone he guarded scored twice as much" it wold be accurate.

You know what, the door - next!
So you are saying that KO should learn from Geno?

Got it.

@Deepster

Reaction Score
Purvis loves this school. If you transfer you're dead to him. Hope the rest of guys feel the same way. If you're not with us you're against us.
Thankfully someone gets it. A whole bunch of people in this thread who don't know what the UConn program is all about.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So people who have flipped out all season are flipping out that the players have flipped out.

I'm on the fence about this. Some of this is on the coaches and some on the players. We just don't know how much is on who. If it's because KO has lost the ability to interact with players then that's the worst possible scenario. It's hard for any of us to know the entire story, but let the conjectures go on.

Firing Miller was going to have an impact. He didn't exist in a vacuum and some players may have preferred his coaching demeanor over KO's. If KO was pushing kids hard all season in spite of conditions that could have been difficult for some players. So the attrition puts pressure for a rebuild but it could mean that players with a tougher mind set will stay and be a stronger nucleus for newer players. In my book that could be a net positive.

So I'm hoping the Chillious rumors pan out and some of the loss of players is the result of them believing they will be recruited over.

Reaction Score
Vance was going to play starter minutes so I don't get the thing about how he was being used. He was a slow and as a defender not great . Athleticism only fair. He's going to sit out? Amazing. Wish him well.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
As a relatively new head coach KO's spidey sense for future trouble recruits may not be honed yet.

I saw an interview with Geno the other day and he said if an overly engaged parent asks him to promise playing time then UConn is out the door. Again, comparing women's recruiting and men's recruiting is not necessarily equal but the point is an experienced coach knows the warning signs.

How do you become a Head Coach with 10 years of coaching and recruiting experience? Coach ten years. KO will get there if he lasts that long but it seems to me KO is not recruiting the "right" players even if they have the right rankings.

This is the most accurate post I've seen. Ollie needs to start recruiting the "right" kind of kids. JC was a master at getting recruits who could be solid contributors for 3-4 years and more importantly had the right attitude.

Reaction Score
Kevin's in his 40s right? That's young.
Hopefully maybe a recruit like Polley decommiting rather than someone like CV or Durham transferring. Those two kids couid be a big part of our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom