Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
All this talk of brotherhood tho.
thinking-emoji.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To your point 2, I suggest you don't read the rest of the thread. Because all signs point to this just being the beginning
There's no one else we can afford to lose. These guys sting, but any others and it could be another bad year.

Reaction Score
There's no one else we can afford to lose. These guys sting, but any others and it could be another bad year.
Yeah that's my feeling, this hurts but we've got a solid core. And I think we can recruit some guys, even this year with someone like Blake Harris or Noah Dickerson, to salvage this.

If we start losing anyone else I'll start to be really worried about the direction of this team

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If anyone else leaves we must be looking at much larger internal issues that we don't know about. There's plenty of playing time to go around so this is just odd
Not really with folks coming back and recruits coming in
I like VJ but he received a lot more playing time this year than expected and might be thinking that a starting job is his
Maybe KO said he had to compete for time next year and didn't like it
To be honest - I expected him to leave and not SE
Good luck to the both of them
Life goes on...........................

Reaction Score
This one is going to hurt. Loved the shooting ability that Vance brought to the program. I'm pretty bummed out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The spin zone from the Ollie apologists hasn't let me down.

He deserves a chance to right this ship, but the hole keeps getting deeper.

And this from you doesn't surprise me at all

Reaction Score
Writing was on the wall.
Agreed, limited playing time next year with Larrier back. Father started early this year bitching about playing time. Wish him the best of luck, but not into having "me" guys on this team and Vance, although displaying a lot of promise and at times a great shot, seems to be all about Vance.

D

Deleted member 3149

Alterique Gilbert, Jalen Adams, Makai Ashton-Langford, Christian Vital. That's our backcourt.

Terry Larrier. That's our stretch 4.

Dominant backcourts accompanied by an athletic stretch 4 win basketball games at the collegiate level.

We'll be fine. See you all in San Antonio next April.

VJ and SE..... best of luck. We're still the most dominant program of the 21st century. You?

Reaction Score
Glad to see you're capable of having a discussion. When you're ready to have a discussion without tossing around insults I'm here
Apologies for the insult but you could have just as easily cited Kromah and the Gonzaga kid as examples of one grad transfer who contributed to a late March run instead of the manner you chose.

I'm in full agreement that the right grad transfer can be a huge addition but I stand by my point that adding two grad transfer starters to cover up for recruiting deficiencies can lead to roster issues immediately afterwards.

Reaction Score
Apologies for the insult but you could have just as easily cited Kromah and the Gonzaga kid as examples of one grad transfer who contributed to a late March run instead of the manner you chose.

I'm in full agreement that the right grad transfer can be a huge addition but I stand by my point that adding two grad transfer starters to cover up for recruiting deficiencies can lead to roster issues immediately afterwards.
No worries, I suppose I could have gone about my original post better. I guess I don't really disagree with your overall point. I don't have an issue with adding 2 grad transfers if KO feels that's what the team needs.

I agree though that getting into a routine of relying on adding grad transfers every year to fill holes is a dangerous game that would hinder the development of a lot of players

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Alterique Gilbert, Jalen Adams, Makai Ashton-Langford, Christian Vital. That's our backcourt.

Terry Larrier. That's our stretch 4.

Dominant backcourts accompanied by an athletic stretch 4 win basketball games at the collegiate level.

We'll be fine. See you all in San Antonio next April.

VJ and SE..... best of luck. We're still the most dominant program of the 21st century. You?

I don't care if you are totally irrational. I like it. A lot.

Reaction Score
Love these posts. IT HAPPENED THIS WAY ONCE THEREFORE IT CAN ONLY HAPPEN THIS WAY FOREVER
So you're saying adding two grad transfers to a team that didn't even go to the tournament is a good recipe in general?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Change? Sure how about we start winning.

Having two starters transfer, going on a limb here, likely not the best route to accomplish that.
1 starter - by default transferred and one back up transferred
No one knows what may be coming in
Do you want dissatisfied players on the bench
I/you have no idea that either VJ or SE were going to start next year - in fact VJ minutes were bound to decrease
Neither showed the ability to be good defenders but VJ could shoot - at times
I just don't get what the father said he didn't like how he was/is being used. Does he think he should be a 2???

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Larrier and Jalen just tweeted this. Its ddfinately about vance. Larrier seemed irratated at steve when asked about him transferring on his live the other day too fwiw

Thanks for this stuff. I don't follow any players on twitter or insta.

And while I'm not into reading twitter tea leaves, these little nuggets are entertaining.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So you're saying adding two grad transfers to a team that didn't even go to the tournament is a good recipe in general?

He's saying what happened last time doesn't reflect at all on what could happen next time -- results wise. And it's true. Of course you wouldn't do it every year, cause that would signify structural problems, but when you do have bumps in the road, you have to be flexible. If it happened again and again and again, then it would be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom