Vance is Transferring | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting closely, are there any non-JuCo or grad transfers that we're in good standing with? I'm talking regular HS kids who can be four-year players?

Reaction Score
Fwiw, Durham favorited Jackson's tweet about fake love, Purvis's tweet about fake love, and another that said "time for change". Hope it means nothing

Reaction Score
Jackson is certainly a blow. Hopefully we can land a grad-transfer for next season, there's plenty of them on the market.

I was never a fan of Enoch's ability tbh, he really didn't flash any feel for the game on either end of the floor. Stats reflected that.

Reaction Score
Before we claim that the program is finished,why don't we wait and see who Ollie brings in to replace these kids and coaches leaving?? Ok

Reaction Score
OptimalMagnificentBasilisk-size_restricted.gif

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

"We" didn't see eye to eye. Shades of DHam. Helicopter parents. I guess they know more about getting someone NBA ready than KO and Uconn. I have grandchildren who play soccer and the parents have to be on the opposite side of the field from the kids and coach. I think the lesson here is taking a long look at the parent as well as the kid. This kind of hovering cannot enhance development when you are getting it from home and the staff is trying to mold you at the same time. Conflict city. Give me some Boats, Bazzes, DePriests, Allens etc. I actually feel bad for the kids. What a shame. This is really a cultural phenomenon.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
I guess the only thing that strikes me is that some of these kids don't want to take the long view, since they're fixated on their NBA careers. Or maybe it's sinking in that we're not getting out of the AAC anytime soon, which means minimal media exposure?

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting closely, are there any non-JuCo or grad transfers that we're in good standing with? I'm talking regular HS kids who can be four-year players?
We used to have a relationship with Jordan Tucker, who apparently was very close to Indiana with Crean. Now without Crean I guess there could maybe be a tiny opening. Besides that our chances would only come from a late decommit or a reclass

Oh and Zach Brown aka Jessica Turberry

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If they or their parents read the boneyard at all and take anything we say seriously they're not that bright then

Reaction Score
Enoch is a much bigger loss simply because we have prove. options at the 5.

VJ would have either started as a 4, and his father realized this wasn't his natural position (fact) and we can replace him much easier if we get contributions from Polley, Durham and Diarra.

Or Vance would have had to play behind Larrier and/or a guard @ tbe 3.

Jackson is certainly a blow. Hopefully we can land a grad-transfer for next season, there's plenty of them on the market.

I was never a fan of Enoch's ability tbh, he really didn't flash any feel for the game on either end of the floor. Stats reflected that.

Reaction Score
"We" didn't see eye to eye. Shades of DHam. Helicopter parents. I guess they know more about getting someone NBA ready than KO and Uconn. I have grandchildren who play soccer and the parents have to be on the opposite side of the field from the kids and coach. I think the lesson here is taking a long look at the parent as well as the kid. This kind of hovering cannot enhance development when you are getting it from home and the staff is trying to mold you at the same time. Conflict city. Give me some Boats, Bazzes, DePriests, Allens etc. I actually feel bad for the kids. What a shame. This is really a cultural phenomenon.

TL; DR but it sounds more like the father is just giving a political answer that doesn't impugn anyone. Let's be honest, if it was me I'd be tempted to say "You're god___mn right he's leaving, this squad is a dumpster fire, this conference is a hellhole, and I'm not sure either situation is getting better any time soon."

Reaction Score
Vance Sr is Levar Ball 2.0 he's a disaster...I loved Vance he was great and has lots of potential but his dad will always be a nuisance! It's no ones fault; just the time we live in today.....more than anything it shows the lack of appreciation for what UCONN is and has been.....the kid played major minutes but needs to get in much better shape to get to next level....very skilled but had plenty of horrific shot choices at key spots in games.....I expect ollie internalizes all of this, takes it personal and will thrive in the "chaos"......don't come to UCONN if can't handle being the only show in town

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
TL; DR but it sounds more like the father is just giving a political answer that doesn't impugn anyone. Let's be honest, if it was me I'd be tempted to say "You're god___mn right he's leaving, this squad is a dumpster fire, this conference is a hellhole, and I'm not sure either situation is getting better any time soon."

Or he could just keep his trap shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds