Vance is Transferring | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I dont think either of these transfers is a knock on KO. Enoch wasnt good enough to play and decided he wanted more min. Vance's father thinks his son should be the man, and he wont be that here. Vance was posting pics with UConn gear on just last wk. This was clearly his fathers decision
Nope.

Reaction Score
If Vital transfers at this point he's a certified lunatic, the kid will be starting at two different positions next year at this rate

Reaction Score
I dont think either of these transfers is a knock on KO. Enoch wasnt good enough to play and decided he wanted more min. Vance's father thinks his son should be the man, and he wont be that here. Vance was posting pics with UConn gear on just last wk. This was clearly his fathers decision

As long as the movement stops here I think we're fine. If Joe D's rumors are true then we're in one hell of a hole, losing seven scholarship players is going to set us back no matter who sticks around.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This sucks big time. I think his dad's reasoning is idiotic if it is as stated. As for PT, much more talented guys than these sat on Kansas' bench all year. That's the way it goes at this level. Man up.

As for Ollie...there is too much smoke for there not to be some kind of fire. This is really bad.

Reaction Score
He mentioned Vance was leaving and then said it caught him as a surprise because the two names he had heard as rumored to be transferring were Vital and Durham. Again he didn't say they WERE leaving, he's just saying he heard rumors they were leaving.

Obviously he's not getting these rumors from the BY - his sources I'd think are better than ours, but who the hell really knows.

I was surprised he mentioned their names considering it's not like there is a 2 transfer limit - they could still transfer and he's putting their names out there already.

Who the hell knows. Maybe a VJ leaving keeps Durham here. With Vital, maybe its a minutes issue with MAL coming in and AG coming back?

Or his source has no clue.
I don't know about the quality of his source(s), but he just said that via his source(s) to expect an announcement of another departure tomorrow.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Clearly we have problems that extend beyond Vance Sr.

That said, if you didn't know Vance Sr was Mumu Volume II from the get-go, then you weren't paying attention. What we saw on Twitter was 1/1000th of what he was putting in his son's ear.

What's incredible to me is that Vance got a LOT of PT. He'd be lucky to get that again next year. I'm not sure what the Vances were expecting, but where I come from, you've got to EARN your minutes.

I'll miss Vance but I won't miss the feeling of wondering whether he's got one foot out of Storrs.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Dear god we need a big dose of positive news right now. Like a big out of the blue 2017 committ.

I could care less on Enoch but I really thought Dagger Vance had the chance to be a great 4 year player.

We are now down to 10 scholarship players next year (and that includes 2 low rated freshmen and Cobb - hard to expect much from any of those three).

I am deathly afraid that next year will end up looking much like this one.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes. Anyone with a brain knew vance wouldnt last when his father was trying to coach from Twitter. If vital, Gilbert, or durham tansfer then we can start talking dooms day. But i dont think vance and enoch are good barometers for the state of the program
I was referring to your first sentence.

Reaction Score
I don't know about the quality of his source(s), but he just said that via his source(s) to expect an announcement of another departure tomorrow.

Sweet. We might be starting Larrier at the five next season.

Reaction Score
The sky is falling - literally. We need some news to stop the slide. Maybe announcing who is replacing Miller - that I assume KO or DB had some idea about before we made the move to fire him. Time to dial up a defensive stop and quick!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Have you watched Cobb play? If the dude can go 20 minutes without collapsing or fouling out it will be a miracle. Better to hope Polley or Carlton are the re-incarnation of Emeka Okafor.
Polley will be a 3, not a 4 - Larrier's understudy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If Vance leaving caught Joe D by surprise than he's out to sea because that should've been the name anyone could see coming. I was expecting his announcement as soon as the season ended.

Why? Can someone explain to me why a kid who wouldn't see major minutes as a freshman at any top 40 program, but who then did see major minutes due to injury, would leave? I'm serious. I liked his game. But if he or his dad thought he was Josh Jackson or something, then they need a long look in the mirror.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score

Cop out...he was 1st Team AAC Rookie Selection but he was scared of competing for minutes with Larrier coming back. He would have had ample opportunity to "showcase what he could do" again next season. Everyone wants to be handed playing time instead of earning it. If that's the case then best of luck but see ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom