Vance is Transferring | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Enoch was a big surprise to me. Kid from CT, chance for tons of a PT next year, etc. Vance, I feel like I saw this coming before we hit December. Not much you can do with Daddy issues like that. The rumors of two more are devastating since they came from Joe D. Given our conference situation, this isn't something we can afford to go through. This is something the program may not recover from and I don't think that's hyperbole. Between kids leaving, our terrible conference and our poor recent record, the allure of the program is going to wear off on the recruiting trail sooner rather than later.

Sounds like the end-of-season meetings with Ollie didn't go well, that or Bennett really pissed off the entire roster. Two kids gone, two more might be out. Those tweets are alarming, Purvis seems to love UConn more than any player in history so if he's getting in on that then you know something bad went down. I would imagine any of the remaining freshman wouldn't leave simply because we had a bad year. The future was still pretty bright and we dealt with injuries to arguably two of our three best players this year. I'm bracing for the worst though...

Reaction Score
Well the subtweet detectives are doing a terrible job I see.

Purvis was clearly referring to the transfers leaving. Purvis would never defame UConn or his coach.

So it was just a coincidence that Purvis used that term towards the transfers leaving, and the transfer leaving used the same exact term to describe his leaving?

Reaction Score
Going to be tough to integrate all tbese new pieces (hopefully their are new pieces) and win.
I know we can say 2011 but that was Kemba.
Pressure is on KO bigtime.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I would really prefer if all the bad news would be released at once instead of this once every couple of days thing.
Complete water torture . Please , can we get it all at once.

Reaction Score
Thats what I mean...if purvis is referencing Ollie...that's damn scary

If it refers to something that was done by Ollie, the first thing that comes to my mind is the Derek Fisher situation. Sorry if that's inappropriate and please delete this comment if it is, but that's the first thing that comes to my mind that would cause such a massive situation like this.

Reaction Score
OK, if we step back here, we have a starting 5 (if everyone else stays) of:

G~ Jalen
G~ Gilbert
SF~ CV/MAL (in 3 guard lineup)
SF~ Larrier (in traditional lineup)
PF~ Larrier/Durham (3 guard lineup)
PF~ Durham/Diarra/Polley (traditional lineup)
C~ Cobb/Carlton/Durham

This is an imperfect lineup(s), but no more imperfect than last season (from my perspective). UCONN has always been at it's best when playing multiple PG's, and in many cases, we can spread the floor with 4 guys, which has been incredibly successful in the NBA, and is now bleeding into the college game.

KO may be FORCED to play small, and imo, that's a good thing. It will hurt a bit defending 3's, but we will have easier shots/lanes on offense.

If you look at the advanced metrics, the 3 point shot from the corner is the best shot in basketball, followed by every other 3 point shot. Also, most teams that take this many threes, have a higher percentage of makes in the paint (likely because of the floor being spread).

The X-factor here is that we have to make a few of these 3's, but more of them will likely be open if we're spread out properly.

Than again, i might just be looking through blue glasses.

Have you watched Cobb play? If the dude can go 20 minutes without collapsing or fouling out it will be a miracle. Better to hope Polley or Carlton are the re-incarnation of Emeka Okafor.

Reaction Score
Vital - doubt it.

Or it could mean that he's wishing well to everyone who's leaving and it means absolutely nothing about what Vital himself wants to do.

That said, I can't fathom why Vital would even consider leaving, as a fairly local kid who got major minutes this year and is in line to be at worst the #3 guard in a 2-3 guard lineup.

Enoch, I could sort of see and it doesn't break my heart. Vance is a bigger loss, but you could argue his dad is a negative influence.

Vital? That would be a major loss directly on KO, no sugar-coating.

Reaction Score
If this is a trend and we struggle next year. I cant even imagine what attendance will look like

Reaction Score
Anyone who heard the Joe D broadcast, can you detail what he said?
He mentioned Vance was leaving and then said it caught him as a surprise because the two names he had heard as rumored to be transferring were Vital and Durham. Again he didn't say they WERE leaving, he's just saying he heard rumors they were leaving.

Obviously he's not getting these rumors from the BY - his sources I'd think are better than ours, but who the hell really knows.

I was surprised he mentioned their names considering it's not like there is a 2 transfer limit - they could still transfer and he's putting their names out there already.

Who the hell knows. Maybe a VJ leaving keeps Durham here. With Vital, maybe its a minutes issue with MAL coming in and AG coming back?

Or his source has no clue.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We might want to think about locking this thread and the Enoch thread, pretty much the same crap in each one soon. We can start a fresh thread in a day or two when the next guy announces.

Reaction Score
Joe D read the report on his radio show, and then said Jackson wasn't one of the names he had heard rumored. Guess this guy had a scoop, or at least feels he did.
Joe D said the rumor he heard was that Vital and Durham were considering transferring.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He mentioned Vance was leaving and then said it caught him as a surprise because the two names he had heard as rumored to be transferring were Vital and Durham. Again he didn't say they WERE leaving, he's just saying he heard rumors they were leaving.

Obviously he's not getting these rumors from the BY - his sources I'd think are better than ours, but who the hell really knows.

I was surprised he mentioned their names considering it's not like there is a 2 transfer limit - they could still transfer and he's putting their names out there already.

Who the hell knows. Maybe a VJ leaving keeps Durham here. With Vital, maybe its a minutes issue with MAL coming in and AG coming back?

Again, don't listen to Joe D.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The team has been disappointing the past few years and people on this board are always pissed, yet when things get shaken up like the AHC leaving or a couple players transferring, everyone acts like the world is ending.

Let the pieces fall into place rather than crying before the puzzle is finished.

Reaction Score

If Vance leaving caught Joe D by surprise than he's out to sea because that should've been the name anyone could see coming. I was expecting his announcement as soon as the season ended.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
There's a reason Joe D is stuck on radio. Don't listen to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom