Vance is Transferring | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In context the fact that at least 2 guys are leaving over philosophical differences, and few here are privy to the conversations that transpired between coach, player or parent; that might be enough to give people pause before trashing a player or parent over their reasonable explanation.

Reaction Score
Well if continues to hit the fan I wonder if Billy Donovan will be available next year.... He's from NY

Reaction Score
OK, if I'm free to post he said he heard rumors that it was Vital and Durham. Nothing definite, just rumors he had heard.

So essentially, any freshman that actually played meaningful minutes this year wants out?

Reaction Score
This is a much bigger loss than Enoch from a basketball point of view.

Jackson was the floor-spacing 4 we needed to complement guys like Larrier, Adams, MAL, and Gilbert who are much more slashers than shooters.

We just got that much easier to defend next year.

Reaction Score
Ha this is scary. If we are going full on apocalypse mode but no one is naming names, just let this marinade. 2 guys have already transferred and 3 others have been rumored to be considering transferring. We could be bringing back a guard, a wing and a big. Minutes are wide open so that isn't the reason.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
These kids don't want anyone coming in or coming back healthy that will take some time from them
This is what it feels like to me.

It also feels like Benedict is laying down some law and the kids aren't happy with it. Of course, that's 100% speculation, but it seems clear to me. If (big if) that is the case I think (hope) it's better for us in the long run.

Reaction Score
This is what it feels like to me.

It also feels like Benedict is laying down some law and the kids aren't happy with it. Of course, that's 100% speculation, but it seems clear to me. If (big if) that is the case I think (hope) it's better for us in the long run.

I'm sure Benedict is asking KO what the hell is going on!!! And not "laying down the law."

Reaction Score
Ha this is scary. If we are going full on apocalypse mode but no one is naming names, just let this marinade. 2 guys have already transferred and 3 others have been rumored to be considering transferring. We could be bringing back a guard, a wing and a big. Minutes are wide open so that isn't the reason.

This is uncharted territory. Chief might actually be in the rotation next year.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Is this the AAC?

upload_2017-3-28_16-7-52.jpeg

F@#! no!! It's Ollie's basketball program.

Yankees on Sunday. I got YES back.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'd just like to thank Vance for his contributions this past season. I was looking forward to watching him grow as a player and will continue to do so even though he is moving onto a different school. Good luck, Vance!

Reaction Score
what's worrying is that these kids don't seem to be leaving due to completely diminished playing time. Enoch was essentially in line to start at center. Vance's dad may feel like Larrier's return is threatening his kid's playing time, but Vance played way more this year than he would have under normal circumstances and Larrier is no guarantee after an ACL injury. Vital and Durham also got a lot more run this year then would have been expected due to injuries. No bueno

Reaction Score
Adams re-tweeted it

I will say living out here in Southern California for a bit now, endorsed by others who have spent significant time here, that being fake, nice-to-your-face, and passive-aggressiveness seem to be fairly classic/common personality/behavior traits out here. Not saying that that necessarily describes Vance, and I can't blame him for disliking CT

The biggest disappointment in all this is all these kids, UConn and elsewhere, not honoring what it means to "commit" to something. I get that Vance wants to do his thing and has a pro future to hone, and that he may feel he may have a better opportunity elsewhere; but damn kid, is UConn really that unbearable?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I'd just like to thank Vance for his contributions this past season. I was looking forward to watching him grow as a player and will continue to do so even though he is moving onto a different school. Good luck, Vance!
This is no time to be rational!

but seriously, where is our team going? Is there a free buffet with only 10s as waitresses somewhere out west that we don't know about?

Reaction Score
In regard to the 3 players talking about "Fake Love," it does make sense that it might have to do with Ollie. Because Ollie is always preaching "love" and "brotherhood."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom