Vance is Transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
This one stings because Vance and Vital were the good that came out of a bad season.
Sometimes it's best to let go especially when your looking at 3-4 years of "Daddy Coaching" by way of social media. Again, if we replace the transfers with better players that actually want to play for Uconn, we'll
Get over it quick. .........Next!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
In regard to the 3 players talking about "Fake Love," it does make sense that it might have to do with Ollie. Because Ollie is always preaching "love" and "brotherhood."

Obviously it has something to do with the program. The scariest part about it is that Purvis tweeted it. Something must have happened right after the season

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This one stings because Vance and Vital were the good that came out of a bad season.
Sometimes it's best to let go especially when your looking at 3-4 years of "Daddy Coaching" by way of social media. Again, if we replace the transfers with better players that actually want to play for Uconn, we'll
Get over it quick. ....Next!!!!!!!
Nope.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This all comes back to KO...Some attrition is necessary other attrition isn't...

Reaction Score
Obviously it has something to do with the program. The scariest part about it is that Purvis tweeted it. Something must have happened right after the season

I agree, but I'm talking about Ollie specifically, since he's the one who preaches love. He must have done something that caused these guys to think his love was "fake"

Reaction Score
This program is imploding. If KO wasn't on the hot seat before, he is now.

At minimum he needs to contend in the AAC, easily earn a NCAAT appearance, have a top 20 recruiting class lined up for 2018, and show that his changes to the staff have stabilized and improved our long-term standing.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I agree, but I'm talking about Ollie specifically, since he's the one who preaches love. He must have done something that caused these guys to think his love was "fake"

He was talking about Chief behind his back. Many of the players have a very close relationship with Chief, and have shared many great conversations with him. This is what my inside sources are telling me.

Reaction Score
...how?
Joe D read the report on his radio show, and then said Jackson wasn't one of the names he had heard rumored. Guess this guy had a scoop, or at least feels he did.

Reaction Score
Not when Vance uses the EXACT same phrase. That aint coincidence
It's lyrics from a Drake song on his new album.

Drake - Fake Love
I've been down so long, it look like up to me
They look up to me
I got fake people showin' fake love to me
Straight up to my face, straight up to my face
They look up to me

Reaction Score
This blows. I starting to change my opinion on KO. I'm a big fan, but I'm sure he's going to make it through this. We will see I guess.

Reaction Score
This isn't going to end well, in my opinion. Something bad is happening with this program. Death by a thousand paper cuts (negative recruiting about lack of development, transfers of players that were expected to get lots of time, mediocre/bad seasons, uninspiring schedule in a mid-major league, loss of most major recruits that were considering the program, cryptic tweets from players). I'm sure there will be lots of comebacks about what an idiot I am because i) we're one year removed from a second round NCAA exit and 4 years removed from a National Championship; ii) our recruiting has been great; iii) Enoch stinks and he can't play for a top team; iv) jAckSon is leaving because his dad thinks he's better than he is...

Sometimes perception is reality, and there is a cloud over the program that becomes self-perpetuating.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Drake - Fake Love
They look up to me
They look up to me

yeah I know. And now all the UConn basketball players are quoting it immediately before transfer news.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
This program is imploding. If KO wasn't on the hot seat before, he is now.

At minimum he needs to contend in the AAC, easily earn a NCAAT appearance, have a top 20 recruiting class lined up for 2018, and show that his changes to the staff have stabilized and improved our long-term standing.
To be fair, this is your attitude when we win the national championship.

Reaction Score
Bad optics all around. 2 quality coaches canned, 2 quality players transferring (likely starters or high minute guys), 2 young guys in line for major minutes considering transferring - no actual savior types still available to recruit (who would come now anyway?) Terrible vibes - not good!

Reaction Score

Drake - Fake Love
They look up to me
They look up to me

This song isn't new. Especially for college kids. I could see if it just came out and kids were tweeting the lyrics but this song has been out for a long time now.

Reaction Score
Well the subtweet detectives are doing a terrible job I see.

Purvis was clearly referring to the transfers leaving. Purvis would never defame UConn or his coach.

Wellllll....Vance tweeted the same thing...Vance tweeting about himself?

Reaction Score
OK, if we step back here, we have a starting 5 (if everyone else stays) of:

G~ Jalen
G~ Gilbert
SF~ CV/MAL (in 3 guard lineup)
SF~ Larrier (in traditional lineup)
PF~ Larrier/Durham (3 guard lineup)
PF~ Durham/Diarra/Polley (traditional lineup)
C~ Cobb/Carlton/Durham

This is an imperfect lineup(s), but no more imperfect than last season (from my perspective). UCONN has always been at it's best when playing multiple PG's, and in many cases, we can spread the floor with 4 guys, which has been incredibly successful in the NBA, and is now bleeding into the college game.

KO may be FORCED to play small, and imo, that's a good thing. It will hurt a bit defending 3's, but we will have easier shots/lanes on offense.

If you look at the advanced metrics, the 3 point shot from the corner is the best shot in basketball, followed by every other 3 point shot. Also, most teams that take this many threes, have a higher percentage of makes in the paint (likely because of the floor being spread).

The X-factor here is that we have to make a few of these 3's, but more of them will likely be open if we're spread out properly.

Than again, i might just be looking through blue glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom