Vance is Transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
This is a bad loss, there's no other way to look at this. Kid had size, versatility and got major experience this year. I was looking forward to him
and CV as invaluable 4 year program guys.

So this now is successive years of Cali kids leaving the program early, so much for KO's reach there. Does anyone have specifics on the extension KO allegedly signed prior to last season? This is getting very concerning and can't continue.
With DHam I was so done with California players. Then I saw Vance's emotion during the recruiting and was willing to be okay with them.

Now, f the west coast. Let UCLA and Oregon have them.

Reaction Score
This program has had a huge problem with transfers going back to Calhoun. I know that we all would justify it as "well it happens to everybody", but I'm not sure that's true.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
lol what? By change I'm not sure folks meant multiple key players transferring out with no viable replacements in sight...
They said they players don't develop, the coaching staff is terrible, the fans are terrible, the players aren't good when they come in....

Dove

Reaction Score
The dude was a good shooter if he was wide open and didn't have to move his feet. What other skills?
He was deft at passing it in to stone-handed centers.

Reaction Score
Seriously wtf is going on? Is it at all possible that this has something to do with the players leaving? As in, Purvis and maybe Brimah seemed to be the central core of the team, captain's duties. Is it possible that with them gone, the keys are in a less friendly and happy go lucky group?

Reaction Score
Disappointed but given all the stuff on social media from him and his pops its not surprising. Don't really understand how his father wanted him used as a freshman, dude is going to be a very good player and is skilled but he has his limitations, was he expecting him to be the featured player as a freshman? Spot up shooter, used in pick and rolls, and the occasional iso was more than enough for his plate as a first year player.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
2 more? Get real. No way 2 more leave. Vance was "10 toes in" yeah right. I know they're kids but are people ok with them not being true to their word? What a crock. This is infuriating. Go sit a year then play at Cal. Good luck VJ

Reaction Score
This program has had a huge problem with transfers going back to Calhoun. I know that we all would justify it as "well it happens to everybody", but I'm not sure that's true.

With such a hard headed coach like JC, I expected some kids not to "get it." Ollie is touted as a players coach/father figure and something is clearly not adding up.

Reaction Score
Jackson doesn't like Connecticut. He posted that much in a tweet, then deleted it. It is sometimes hard to like the cold weather and snow, especially when you are from a warm or warmer state. There maybe something else going on that we are not aware of, yet. It will all come out in the wash.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
2 more? Get real. No way 2 more leave. Vance was "10 toes in" yeah right. I know they're kids but are people ok with them not being true to their word? What a crock. This is infuriating. Go sit a year then play at Cal. Good luck VJ
No one has been ten toes in since 2014. Get ready.

Dove

Reaction Score
He tweeted something earlier about fake love.

Reaction Score
I'm still okay with a lineup consisting of Adams, Gilbert and Larrier...and a top guard in MAL....obviously its scary to see guys just go like this, but we have time to find role players to fill the holes

Jordan Tucker is still considering and obviously there have been rumors of other JUCO's in the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom