Vance is Transferring | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nah, we just understand that there's always context with these things.

One thing you guys do is look at Ollie as static, when he couldn't possibly have more growth ahead of him than he does now. You say, he isn't a good game coach (he proved that wrong in 2014, but leaving that aside); the results in the regular season haven't been great. He needs work there. But he's such a young coach, that he has a ton of room to grow. And with better players, I expect him to. Why wouldn't you? You think his growth curve is flat?

I think his growth curve is negative... not flat. Seriously he seems to be getting worse. I'm giving my honest assessment as someone who watches every game, I see no strengths in his coaching ability. For the most part they come out each game flat and repeat for start of 2nd half. Either his adjustment don't work or he doesn't make any. They make a run in last 5 mins to make it close and the team gets praised on this board. He seems to be out coached at the beginning of 1st and 2nd half every game.

I hate to harp on the money but hes not being paid as a coach we should be going through growing pains with. hes being paid as a top coach in NCAA. If UConn is willing to pay top money i expect to have a top coach.

Please agree he would never get his current contract right now if he left or his contract was up this year with UConn.

Reaction Score
Larrier had nothing, Gilbert didn't injure his shoulder until after the LOI was signed, and Diarra's knee condition wasn't known until the preseason.

It's quite clear that you're just trolling, and doing a very bad job at it.

Come on I would be a good troll if i could have predicted Ollie would lead the team to worst season in 30 years at the beginning of the season. So 2 of 3 had previous injuries? Yeah i was wrong....

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Come on I would be a good troll if i could have predicted Ollie would lead the team to worst season in 30 years at the beginning of the season. So 2 of 3 had previous injuries? Yeah i was wrong....

What part of "after the LOI was signed" do you not understand? LOIs are 100% binding unless there's a coaching change. The fact that you would've wanted to see the program cut ties with Gilbert after one (1) shoulder dislocation the summer before his freshman year reveals that you are not grounded in reality. It is astonishing to me how downright dense you are. Do you blame Ollie for your own stupidity and personal failings too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom