Vance is Transferring | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Vance is Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Hence why the no speculation on transfers rule is a catch 22. If someone hears something they can only be vague and vague is usually worse than misinformation.

I agree with the rule because it's not fair to the players but boy does it suck as a fan.

Agree 1,000%. Vague information is of no help and it usually causes a problem.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And I don't remember him being correct with any doom and gloom prognostications, either. Maybe he's unlucky and kids keep changing their mind at the last minute. Maybe he needs better sources. He definitely needs a better method of delivery. I am not ready to next him from the board, he is a great contributor to the beer thread. Just frustrating.
Let's hope his luck doesn't change then.

I don't next anyone. Don't have anyone on ignore. I'm waiting for the day when someone surprises me. Not with content. How they express things.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Took me 3 hours and a g-daym roller coaster of emotion to get to the end if this thread. I laughed, i cried, i spent time in thought and i was moved to tears. It was a full day. (Big ups JV)

These guys werent uconn made. We strive on that chip on your shoulder attitude. We need that new england nasty back. Jalens got it. Rodney had a good bit of it. Theyd fight you if they had to. Vance and steve woulda been last to that kinda party.

Truth is, were thin again. That didnt work well for us this year. Its hard to play scrappy ball when youre thin. We need some durable bodies that can contribute quickly.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Took me 3 hours and a g-daym roller coaster of emotion to get to the end if this thread. I laughed, i cried, i spent time in thought and i was moved to tears. It was a full day. (Big ups JV)

These guys werent uconn made. We strive on that chip on your shoulder attitude. We need that new england nasty back. Jalens got it. Rodney had a good bit of it. Theyd fight you if they had to. Vance and steve woulda been last to that kinda party.

Truth is, were thin again. That didnt work well for us this year. Its hard to play scrappy ball when youre thin. We need some durable bodies that can contribute quickly.
Two suggestions. 1) We quickly become UNLV of the 90's and go hard for JUCOs or 2) Hire Howie Dickenman back and jump start the Israeli Connection.

Reaction Score
I have a poster I got from the second preseason game. With every player on it - obviously inclusive of those who just announced their departure. I plan to frame it this offseason at some point, and look at it when we win our next championship with admiration of how spoiled we are as a fanbase and to remind me of how the tough times come and go. This too shall pass.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
My daughter is being recruited and all the coaches warn the recruits and parents about how they can cause the coaches to pass on your kid but I really don't think it's true. If you can play, the coaches will put up with anything. Look at Ball at UCLA. I hate Calipari but one thing about him is, you never hear a peep from the parents of his kids on social media or anywhere else.
Do your daughter a favor and hire a surrogate dad when coaches come to see you!:cool:

C

Chief00

On the loss side this off season, I think Enoch could prove to be the largest. In part due to our lack of depth at his position, his physical size and some real offensive skills that could be developed. The right Bigs coach could really shine that diamond in the rough. I also like his foul shooting potential.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I took a nap and woke up to hear that Chillious was hired, that Oz says nobody else is transferring, and that there's a second M. Diara. Not long ago, I thought H. Dialo would be confusing. Very fluid.
Nice nap!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nice nap!
Thanks.

I've heard & liked the suggestion to limit worry to 30 minutes a day, set aside time specifically for the worry by putting it into the calendar, and when the appointment comes up take a nap instead. I missed out on a Season Announcement Party for International Festival of Arts & Ideas at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, and then opted out of going Spike Lee's "Malcolm X," but I got myself ready for the shifting news.
Do I dare watch Johnny Dawkins coach against Jamie Dixon, or do I continue on The Boneyard instead of Men's CBB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom