Tremont Waters | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but I get the sense from reading his comments and from how the recruitment has played out is that he had his sights set on other schools and UConn was always a fall back option. That as much seems obvious.

That being said, once he enrolls up here, everything in the past his history.

Reaction Score
Just my opinion, but I get the sense from reading his comments and from how the recruitment has played out is that he had his sights set on other schools and UConn was always a fall back option. That as much seems obvious.

That being said, once he enrolls up here, everything in the past his history.
This is pretty accurate. He doesnt look down at UConn he just wanted that duke, kansas spotlight. But he knows that isnt an option. Which leaves UConn, Creighton, and western kentucky. There is nothing to not feel good about here

Reaction Score
This is pretty accurate. He doesnt look down at UConn he just wanted that duke, kansas spotlight. But he knows that isnt an option. Which leaves UConn, Creighton, and western kentucky. There is nothing to not feel good about here
Creighton is NOT an option per big East rules.

Reaction Score
Better yet, let's just have someone forge his signature on an LOI.

Didn't we just have a LOI thread talking about how it does nothing?

And then the next day a school tried to not release a kid and it lasted about 3 hours before they caved (odd circumstances notwithstanding, but still)?

Better option is kidnapping until day 2 of the school year.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I really thought there was a chance, but after reading those quotes, it's so painfully obvious he'd rather go to any above average basketball school than us. He didn't want to be here the first time around, that didn't just change when he decommitted.
By this logic he's not going to any school, because whoever he didn't want the first time around has no chance this time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Right. So that leaves UConn, and western kentucky(per 99). If he wants to compete in high D1 basketball which he does. Then he'll be a husky

Is a return to GTown out?

Reaction Score
Because we only have 3 guards. Not sure why it's so hard to understand that.

And 8 players overall. And 3 of them didn't play last year and 2 of those injuries are clearly of the chronic or recurring kind.

Reaction Score
Western Kentucky? Jesus lol,we have way more exposure to offer. Also I think we pretty much stopped recruiting him when MAL was signed so I wouldn't say "he lost interest in uconn". And as others have noted he's been to campus a bunch as an underclassmen, don't care about that zags quote.

C

Chief00

The difference maker was the ramp up in defensive intensity from Boat and Bazz (and Samuels) 40 feet from the basket. We did not play that way all year.
I agree it will be refreshing to get away from Glen Miller's variety of gimmick zones and back to man pressure from 45 feet. A lot of Enoch's slow defensive processing was due to mental clutter with all the defenses. I can tell you as someone who sat close to the action, there was frequently confusion about what defense we were in - we never really got to the point of executing a defense flawlessly with aggression.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

Confi_ _

Just got a report; that close now.

My biggest concerned now is the unknown. I remember watching Andrew Bynum blow up in the HS All Star game, after he had committed to UConn thanks to Clyde, which effectively punched his easy pass to the NBA. For Tremont it would be if he had a great game(which he is definitely capable of) and then a big time college team would jump in.
It would be great if KO could close deal before Friday - but I don't see it. If no new developments - I see him signing by sometime next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer