Tremont Waters | The Boneyard

Tremont Waters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Back to Tremont Waters, he's discussed in this article: The gentrification of college hoops. Turns out he's played high school basketball for 8 years, due to starting in 6th grade and repeating both 6th and 12th grades.

I'm glad we're getting MAL.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Back to Tremont Waters, he's discussed in this article: The gentrification of college hoops. Turns out he's played high school basketball for 8 years, due to starting in 6th grade and repeating both 6th and 12th grades.

I'm glad we're getting MAL.
Repeating two grades, done just like someone who values "academics" above all in his recruitment.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Boehiem typically doesn't like short guards, he likes his team long, which fits his zone system better

Reaction Score
Syracuse has 3 commits, their highest is 144, their lowest 279. Guess the ACC hasn't helped their recruiting?
Brissett and Sidibe are alot better than those 247 rankings though, Brissett especially. Really strong and athletic wing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Brissett and Sidibe are alot better than those 247 rankings though, Brissett especially. Really strong and athletic wing.
Perhaps but that's what everyone says about their 3 star recruits. Just thought that was worth pointing out considering our class this year.

Reaction Score
Perhaps but that's what everyone says about their 3 star recruits. Just thought that was worth pointing out considering our class this year.
I've watched OShae Brissett play. He's powerful but has close to no jumper. He's got a good build for a 3 but has the game of a 4. Sometimes those guys put it together though. No clue what his wingspan is.

Reaction Score
Any Connecticut HS "scouts" here? Curious about the guard at Sacred Heart Wtby - Gaiter, what's his game like? Like Heron another Maloney Meriden guy stolen by the new CIAC system where everything is ok LOL

Reaction Score
Any Connecticut HS "scouts" here? Curious about the guard at Sacred Heart Wtby - Gaiter, what's his game like? Like Heron another Maloney Meriden guy stolen by the new CIAC system where everything is ok LOL
I've seen Gaiter play a handful of times. He's a pretty athletic kid and tough as well. Not really a shooter, he's more of a slashing guard. I'd have to say his best qualities are his hustle and play around the rim.

Reaction Score
I've seen Gaiter play a handful of times. He's a pretty athletic kid and tough as well. Not really a shooter, he's more of a slashing guard. I'd have to say his best qualities are his hustle and play around the rim.

Thanks much appreciated. I had heard more of a 6'2 slasher/wing than a shooter/guard so you're the confirmation.

Reaction Score
Has an Iona offer, mid-major player. Their best player is Raheem Solomon.

Reaction Score
Waters' Mom: "Someone is at the door"
Tremont: What does he look like?

hc-raphael-chillious-joins-uconn-20170329

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Waters will come here after we looked at about 1,000 different options first.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I highly doubt Waters will come here after we looked at about 1,000 different options first.

Where else is there? Out of the three schools he was rumored to be interested in, Cuse already picked up a PG who's way on the small side for their system, Duke will be putting the full court press on Trevon Duval, and I don't know if Calipari wants to bring in a 3rd PG when he still has gaping holes on the wing for next year.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Where else is there? Out of the three schools he was rumored to be interested in, Cuse already picked up a PG who's way on the small side for their system, Duke will be putting the full court press on Trevon Duval, and I don't know if Calipari wants to bring in a 3rd PG when he still has gaping holes on the wing for next year.
Logically your point makes sense.

But if reports are correct, Waters never batted a serious eye at Ollie or UConn, and we never prioritized him to the point other schools did.

Why would that change now that MAL is gone? Human behavior tells me he won't dip into an unknown coaching situation again.

Reaction Score
He looked all over the place too. We all make mistakes. Let's come together to get it right :)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You don't have 5 players/staff leave or get fired within 7 days and NOT have an issue.

That's fair. I just don't think we're comparable to GTown (fired HC and a search moving at a snail's pace) in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom